For Those That Think Trading Up Is Costly...

Scorp83

27 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I mean I want to trade it all but those are our picks. 

Not picks 22, 56, 65, 96 & 166 ... 

3 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

You forgot we traded some good players for those picks. 

No... i didnt forget that. But that was my point. We did all of that to acquire those picks... why be fearful to trade them all away?

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Funniest thing I've read today.    If I sell my car or home, I suppose the money I get is not mine either. 

I feel poorer already...

How, you acquired those picks to sell off in the 1st place... why would it matter how many we keep?

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Funniest thing I've read today.    If I sell my car or home, I suppose the money I get is not mine either. 

I feel poorer already...

Not you but I already feel some NWO thinking here.  OBD can allocate as they see fit as this does not involve set asides for houses, condo's, vacation homes, etc. as some seem to think that it does.

14 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Yes technically they are the Bills picks now.  They own those picks.  

Good try regurgitating what Jeremy White tweeted earlier today though.  

I texted him that point lol. 

Yes, they are the Bills picks... but we got them to sell off... why not do it?

I am sometimes amazed at how the human  brain works sometimes.  Of course all of those picks are the Bills.  They bought them with the trades and what not.  They gave up someting of value to receive something of value in return.

To use this logic would mean if you go to a store and buy a $500.00 TV which means you just traded $500 for that TV.  This logic would say that the TV isn't actually mine.  Of course it is I bought it just like the Bills bought those picks.

Edited by SinatraSinger
Typo

36 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Picks... 22, 56, 65, 95 & 166 Are not the Bills picks... for the sake of argument, we got those picks to trade them off for a QB. So if the Giants want all of those picks & we add in our 1st for next year to complete the plan that was laid out in last year's draft, Is that worth it??

Its a big haul...but it's not your money/Capital your spending except for the 1st for next year... 

Now in my opinion, I'm ok staying at 12, but I know most of the fanbase are vested in the idea of trading up...& who can blame them, again this was the plan from last year. We could of drafted Watson, like I've been banging the table to do on Twitter & WGR. But they punted for this season... so I get the frustration. But, does it ease your mind knowing if we traded up... we really didn't give up much except the picks we acquired

giphy.webp

38 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Picks... 22, 56, 65, 95 & 166 Are not the Bills picks... for the sake of argument, we got those picks to trade them off for a QB. So if the Giants want all of those picks & we add in our 1st for next year to complete the plan that was laid out in last year's draft, Is that worth it??

Its a big haul...but it's not your money/Capital your spending except for the 1st for next year... 

Now in my opinion, I'm ok staying at 12, but I know most of the fanbase are vested in the idea of trading up...& who can blame them, again this was the plan from last year. We could of drafted Watson, like I've been banging the table to do on Twitter & WGR. But they punted for this season... so I get the frustration. But, does it ease your mind knowing if we traded up... we really didn't give up much except the picks we acquired

So if I purchased a winning Powerball ticket, dropped the ticket in my car and my friend picked it up its not my ticket?? People who says the draft picks the Bills acquired through trades aren't theirs confuses me.