The Bills Have NOT Contacted The Browns Regarding The No. 1 Pick, Per League Source

dgr81

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I see it playing like this.

1. Browns - Darnold

2. Giants - Barkley

3. Jets - Allen

4. Browns - Trade #4 to Bills.

I would expect as soon as the Jets take Allen, the Bills immediately call the Browns.  Or maybe they have in place a deal already if the Jets take Allen, it's a go.

All speculation on my part though.

I'd be game for that.  Get Mayfield or Rosen.  I hope you are correct the Jets taking Allen.  Perhaps their plan w/ giving McKnown $10 mill is that he teaches Allen and Bridgewater.  

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Do people here even pay attention to the reality of the NFL?  After FA, its QUITE possible only 2 QB's go in the top 10 unless more teams (which there aren't a lot of candidates, if any) trade up into the top 10 for a QB.

That's an absurd underestimation, and I think you know it.

Cleveland

NYJ

Broncos

AT A MINIMUM will be drafting a QB, and the NYG will likely too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Settling for a QB just to check off a box hasn't worked either.   

If the Browns and Giants don't want to trade, what do you propose?    Holding our breath and stomping the ground?    Make the best of a disappointing situation by drafting 4-5 starters and get to work on the next shot at a franchise QB pick/free agent signing in 2019...

That's not the situation I was replying to. Please dont "move the goalposts".

Unless I misunderstood Alpha's post, he is suggesting the Bills shouldn't/don't want to move up any further. Or at least he doesnt think they should.

I'm saying they definitely should keep going. You don't stop when you are this close.

Of course, if the Browns and Giants dont want to play ball then we are screwed. And it's a major failure by Beane to not get that #3 overall pick which was obviously up for sale.

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I'd be game for that.  Get Mayfield or Rosen.  I hope you are correct the Jets taking Allen.  Perhaps their plan w/ giving McKnown $10 mill is that he teaches Allen and Bridgewater.  

I'm really hoping for that.  Really hoping.

If it happens, get drunk and crash the Jets board?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Not really.  We have a ton of holes in the roster.  We got KEY contributors last draft (White, Dawkins, Milano); and even if we stay at 12, we could get a QB the FO feels is on-par with one of the guys picked in the top 10.  If they feel someone like Falk, White, or Roudolph is the best, they may even go LB, DL, or something in the 1st and grab one of those in the 2nd.  

Ok, so the same thing the team has been doing for 20 years. Got it. Let the new drought.... BEGIN!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm really hoping for that.  Really hoping.

If it happens, get drunk and crash the Jets board?

yeah, for sure.  I will be texting my Jets friends and just laughing that they traded all those picks for Allen to learn for one year.  Would be the best scenario.  

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Ok, so the same thing the team has been doing for 20 years. Got it. Let the new drought.... BEGIN!

Hardly the same thing the team has done for 20 years.   You can't force one of these teams to make a trade that works.  And 12 is a good spot.  The QB they want could very well be there (Jackson, Mayfield).  

7 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I'm about ready just to go into hibernation mode for the next 5 weeks.  Focus on other things besides the NFL.

This back and forth nonsense between leaguse sources is pitiful.

i think i'm with you on this. 

12 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

That's an absurd underestimation, and I think you know it.

Cleveland

NYJ

Broncos

AT A MINIMUM will be drafting a QB, and the NYG will likely too.

And you know this how?   Have sources deep within all 3 organizations?

31 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Then all those moves going back to trading down in the last draft, were for nothing.

Not really for there was no way to see the future unfold as it did.  They most likely expected the team to have a setback last fall as they rid the team of players that did not fit.  Only in hindsight could they see that did not result in a top ten pick as they most likely expected.  Further, a major impact player such as Smith or Evans may be found at 12 who will influence the coming season more than a QB expected to ride the bench in the same time period.