The Bills Have NOT Contacted The Browns Regarding The No. 1 Pick, Per League Source

dgr81

17 minutes ago, dgr81 said:

DUH...I would say its highly unlikely the Bills will trade for #1 overall, nor should they.  I say the odds are also now low after FA that the Bills will even trade up, and even lower that they will trade top 5.  

If the Bills covet a specific guy only, then absolutely they could trade up.  I just dont know there is enough difference between some of the top 5 guys to say one is worth so much more than the other.  But its all about what our FO thinks...if they feel there is one special guy, then yes a massive and expensive trade up could happen.  

I just personally dont know there is a QB that is head and shoulders better than the others that Beane will spend so much draft capital to get.  We will see, either way its been the most exciting offseason I can remember.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 5

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

DUH...I would say its almost a certainty the Bills will NOT trade for #1 overall, nor should they.  I say the odds are also now low after FA that the Bills will even trade up, and even lower that they will trade top 5.  

Then all those moves going back to trading down in the last draft, were for nothing.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How does anyone know either way? Unless the league source is Dorsey.

Simon and White had the Jets beat reporter on this morning..the Jets/Colts deal was being discussed back in Jan in Mobile (senior bowl).Jets also talked to the Browns with no progress.The guy was on around 9:15.

What are you talking about?  Nothing?  We got SIX picks in the first three rounds, including moving up to #12.  How is that for nothing?

Do people here even pay attention to the reality of the NFL?  After FA, its QUITE possible only 2 QB's go in the top 10 unless more teams (which there aren't a lot of candidates, if any) trade up into the top 10 for a QB.

Only Cle and Jets are likely locks for a QB.  This obsession for the Bills to trade up now is outdated, they have more options.  Giants might elect to get Eli help rather than take a QB.  And Denver spent good money on Keenum to be the starter, they didn't need a bridge if they were taking a QB at #5 as they already had 2 cheaper options on their roster to fill that role.  Elway wouldnt have chewed up much needed cap space on Keenum if he was taking someone at #5 IMO.  They will look to add D, and I think it will Fitzpatrick, at #5 to try and get that team back in position to make a deep playoff run this year before their window closes further.  

People need to relax with all this freak out and obsession with the top 4, its quite possible the QB the Bills prefer is NOT Rosen or Darnold, as each team has a DIFFERENT ranking of QB's than TSW fans here.  The top 5 are all closely graded, Bills might be targeting Baker, Allen, or Lamar and will not NEED to go into the top 4 to get them.  Just because some here think its got to be either Rosen or Darnold doesn't mean thats the Bills board or any teams board.  Not every team has those 2 as the top 2 guys on their board.  

Yes its still plausible the Bills trade up, but its going to come down to whether the Bills see someone as a must get or not.  And after FA, the whole landscape of the top 10 has a new storyline.  If Bills covet a guy, which they very well could, they will make the big spend to trade up.  But the point is, there are a LOT of options now in play after FA...so its not a trade up or bust scenario anymore is all I am trying to say. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The front page is starting to look like my old Facebook feed (before I shut down my account). Repetitive, ill-informed opinions stated as facts. So much static, there's no real info.

You just described the last State of the Union Address to a T.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

$$hitt happens.   Man up, do a second half adjustment, and move on...

If you know the adjustment that makes up for not having a franchise QB, then please share it with the Bills. 20 years of this garbage is far too long.

"Running Game and Defense" hasnt gotten this franchise anywhere in its entire history.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If you know the adjustment that makes up for not having a franchise QB, then please share it with the Bills. 20 years of this garbage is far too long.

"Running Game and Defense" hasnt gotten this franchise anywhere in its entire history.

Settling for a QB just to check off a box hasn't worked either.   

If the Browns and Giants don't want to trade, what do you propose?    Holding our breath and stomping the ground?    Make the best of a disappointing situation by drafting 4-5 starters and get to work on the next shot at a franchise QB pick/free agent signing in 2019...

18 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

The fourth overall pick, then. Carry on. 

I see it playing like this.

1. Browns - Darnold

2. Giants - Barkley

3. Jets - Allen

4. Browns - Trade #4 to Bills.

I would expect as soon as the Jets take Allen, the Bills immediately call the Browns.  Or maybe they have in place a deal already if the Jets take Allen, it's a go.

All speculation on my part though.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Then all those moves going back to trading down in the last draft, were for nothing.

Not really.  We have a ton of holes in the roster.  We got KEY contributors last draft (White, Dawkins, Milano); and even if we stay at 12, we could get a QB the FO feels is on-par with one of the guys picked in the top 10.  If they feel someone like Falk, White, or Roudolph is the best, they may even go LB, DL, or something in the 1st and grab one of those in the 2nd.  

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What are you talking about?  Nothing?  We got SIX picks in the first three rounds, including moving up to #12.  How is that for nothing?

Do people here even pay attention to the reality of the NFL?  After FA, its QUITE possible only 2 QB's go in the top 10 unless more teams (which there aren't a lot of candidates, if any) trade up into the top 10 for a QB.

Only Cle and Jets are likely locks for a QB.  This obsession for the Bills to trade up now is outdated, they have more options.  Giants might elect to get Eli help rather than take a QB.  And Denver spent good money on Keenum to be the starter, they didn't need a bridge if they were taking a QB at #5 as they already had 2 cheaper options on their roster to fill that role.  Elway wouldnt have chewed up much needed cap space on Keenum if he was taking someone at #5 IMO.  They will look to add D, and I think it will Fitzpatrick, at #5 to try and get that team back in position to make a deep playoff run this year before their window closes further.  

People need to relax with all this freak out and obsession with the top 4, its quite possible the QB the Bills prefer is NOT Rosen or Darnold, as each team has a DIFFERENT ranking of QB's than TSW fans here.  The top 5 are all closely graded, Bills might be targeting Baker, Allen, or Lamar and will not NEED to go into the top 4 to get them.  Just because some here think its got to be either Rosen or Darnold doesn't mean thats the Bills board or any teams board.  Not every team has those 2 as the top 2 guys on their board.  

Yes its still plausible the Bills trade up, but its going to come down to whether the Bills see someone as a must get or not.  And after FA, the whole landscape of the top 10 has a new storyline.  If Bills covet a guy, which they very well could, they will make the big spend to trade up.  But the point is, there are a LOT of options now in play after FA...so its not a trade up or bust scenario anymore is all I am trying to say. 

Its so media driven. 

• Like (+1) 2