Bucky Brooks Mock

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

Could happen, though the Broncos sit at # 5 and have been rumored to like Allen. Could be a smokescreen to entice a pick rich team such as BUF to move up. Lots of that floating around at this time of year. 

• Like (+1) 1

Allen wouldn't be my first choice, but if that's who Beane wants I can live with it.

Side note: Bucky Brooks consistently has the worst Mocks I've ever seen. Worse than Walter football and not even close IMO. His first mock of the season didn't even have Roquan Smith in the first round. ????

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Could happen, though the Broncos sit at # 5 and have been rumored to like Allen. Could be a smokescreen to entice a pick rich team such as BUF to move up. Lots of that floating around at this time of year. 

I think Elway is scared of Allen. Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch are very similar to Josh Allen. Big, towering, strong arm QBs. Although I think Josh Allen will be better than both.

I got to give Bucky Brooks props for this mock though, if we landed Allen and Evans I think that'd be a great draft for us.

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I think Elway is scared of Allen. Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch are very similar to Josh Allen. Big, towering, strong arm QBs. Although I think Josh Allen will be better than both.

I got to give Bucky Brooks props for this mock though, if we landed Allen and Evans I think that'd be a great draft for us.

I think that is a plausible guess on Elway.  Allen scares me.  I think he's unlikely to reach his potential.  If he turns out well, this would indeed be a great draft for us.

• Like (+1) 1

Can people please stop saying Josh Allen has "Cam Newton Like Playmaking Ability?"  Newton is far and away the most freakish athlete to ever play the quarterback position.  He is the size of a defensive end and had a similar 40 time to guys like Jamison Crowder or Michael Thomas from New Orleans.  Allen isn't even the athlete Colin Kaepernick was coming out of Nevada.

A fair comparison for Allen in terms of just being an athlete is Carson Wentz, but in no way does he compare to Newton in that realm. 

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Can people please stop saying Josh Allen has "Cam Newton Like Playmaking Ability?"  Newton is far and away the most freakish athlete to ever play the quarterback position.  He is the size of a defensive end and had a similar 40 time to guys like Jamison Crowder or Michael Thomas from New Orleans.  Allen isn't even the athlete Colin Kaepernick was coming out of Nevada.

A fair comparison for Allen in terms of just being an athlete is Carson Wentz, but in no way does he compare to Newton in that realm. 

Play-making =/= running ability. It's pretty easy to see similarities to Cam when you watch Allen play IMO.

I can live with this because of Evans.  I guess I'd accept Allen at 12 if Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield are gone.  That means that McCarron will need to work out so Allen can sit.  But if we could get these two then bolster OL in rd 2 I'll take it.  I really like Evans.

Ugghhh but he has us taking Allen even with Mayfield on the board.  YUK.

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Play-making =/= running ability. It's pretty easy to see similarities to Cam when you watch Allen play IMO.

Allen was the 3rd fastest QB to run the 40 this year. He's not slow.

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

He's not anywhere close to the type of playmaker Cam is.  He is near 20 pounds lighter and quite a bit slower.   There are plays Cam can make that guys like Allen just cant.  Guys like Cam and Clowney are freaks of nature.  Don't get me wrong Allen's arm is ungodly, but as a playmaker he doesn't live in the same league as Newton, and I think the comparison is wrong.  Just my opinion, doesnt mean I am right.

I could live with that draft though I'd prefer Mayfield over Allen at #12.

Allen has some issues but he never had a QB coach until this past season, a couple of years behind McCarron and with a tutor, who knows what he could be.

Rashaad Evans at #22 ... Yes please.

• Like (+1) 1

this mock draft is like click-bait.  It's terrible.  The Giants taking a guard over Barkley (there are other top guards available in the 2nd round.  Only one talent like Barkely).  And I'm sick of the lazy, "Allen has a big arm.  He'll be great in Buffalo."  What on earth does that mean.   Or the Brooks lazy "some Cam like Newton athletic abilities" (which are never explained, because the relation is tenuous at best.).   Allen looks more like Jake Locker, IMO.  

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Rashaan Evans though >>>>>

Evans is nice,   but the draft is totally ruined by taking Allen over Mayfield.  

• Like (+1) 2

Bucky Brooks is just as clueless as Kiper.

For starters... the Giants are not passing on Barkley, for a QB maybe but that's a 25% chance...definitely not a OG.

The Broncos are drafting a QB or trading out...

& the Bills hate Allen! It's evident by the numerous rumors that they like Allen. The Bills new brass has been tight lipped on everything! So why am I to believe somehow "The Bills love Allen" all of a sudden got leaked out??? No you leak out the guy you least like... then Mayfield is still in the board!

Edited by Scorp83
Type Piper meant Kiper

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

this mock draft is like click-bait.  It's terrible.  The Giants taking a guard over Barkley (there are other top guards available in the 2nd round.  Only one talent like Barkely).  And I'm sick of the lazy, "Allen has a big arm.  He'll be great in Buffalo."  What on earth does that mean.   Or the Brooks lazy "some Cam like Newton athletic abilities" (which are never explained, because the relation is tenuous at best.).   Allen looks more like Jake Locker, IMO.  

Evans is nice,   but the draft is totally ruined by taking Allen over Mayfield.  

Definitely Evans.

Not really sold on Allen over Mayfield. If he's available, get him instead

Edited by BmarvB

1 hour ago, thunderingsquid said:

I've always said his mocks are God awful.   More evidence here. I'd like Evans though.

Here is another one involving Evans to Buf, it is intruguing but very unlikely.  

Guess who falls all the way to 12:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie.php

Yikes. No thought was put into that mock.