Boomer says Allen, Darnold, Mayfield are first three picks

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Taking Barkley at 4 would go against everything Dorsey has ever done as GM.  If someone is willing to offer a "QB value package" to trade up, they do it.

But it would build the exact offence their OC had in Pitt. Big QB and franchise RB. The offense they run both the OC and the HC is power running and over the top long ball. Allen and Barkley would be perfect for them.

56 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If Darnold is there I think the Giants have to take him. I don't love him, but everyone seems to agree he should clearly be #1 overall. If this is true, the Jets jumped the Broncos for Mayfield and we may see Rosen fall a bit, which is good for us. 

Mayfield would be set up to fail with that Jets team around him, which would be awesome. 

I would be willing to significantly over pay for Darnold at 2. I would also be happy to have Rosen slide to 6 and make a trade with Indy. It would be nice to get a better QB at 6 than the Jets get at 3. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I actually think the NYG could nab Mayfield at 12 after trading back with Bills. His style is a lot like Keenum who Shurmer had success with. And yes i think he will be there. 

You're crazy, Yolo! There is zero chance 4 qbs don't go in the top ten. Mayfield will be one of them. 

5 minutes ago, Looper said:

And how would anyone on this board know if Allen needs 3 years to develop outside of wild guesses ?

He doesn't need to be rebuilt. It's all level of comp and reading defenses. That could take 3 years to develop, however.

Just now, CuddyDark said:

He doesn't need to be rebuilt. It's all level of comp and reading defenses. That could take 3 years to develop, however.

And could with the other big 3 as well - none of them has played as the NFL level.

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

You're crazy, Yolo! There is zero chance 4 qbs don't go in the top ten. Mayfield will be one of them. 

Why is that crazy?  NYG need O-line and could trade back, Denver needs help on D, Colts need everything BUT QB, then it goes bucs bears 49ers raiders - none of which need a QB.  

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Why is that crazy?  NYG need O-line and could trade back, Denver needs help on D, Colts need everything BUT QB, then it goes bucs bears 49ers raiders - none of which need a QB.  

Every year people say qbs are going to drop. They almost never do, and this is a year in which the top five prospects are actually very promising. Teams that need one will almost certainly trade up.

Edited by dave mcbride

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Well, if NYG move back, then that's clearly because someone is taking a QB.  That most likely means 3 QBs in the top 3, and then you have to imagine that such quick QB movement would result in someone else like Denver, Miami, Buffalo, Arizona, LAC, Baltimore, or Pittsburgh moving up to get a 4th.

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Well, if NYG move back, then that's clearly because someone is taking a QB.  That most likely means 3 QBs in the top 3, and then you have to imagine that such quick QB movement would result in someone else like Denver, Miami, Buffalo, Arizona, LAC, Baltimore, or Pittsburgh moving up to get a 4th.

Agreed

If there are 4 teams that evaluate one of the top 4 QBs as a franchise guy they are willing to hitch their jobs to, they'll go 1-4.  

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

All i did was say it's not crazy to say.  Draft pundits are wrong... a lot.  Sometimes people have a lot more disparity on a josh allen/baker mayfield than what the news people say.  Also - sometimes people value a top prospect more than adding a 3rd to move down a few picks.  

Just now, dneveu said:

All i did was say it's not crazy to say.  Draft pundits are wrong... a lot.  Sometimes people have a lot more disparity on a josh allen/baker mayfield than what the news people say.  Also - sometimes people value a top prospect more than adding a 3rd to move down a few picks.  

Sure; I was laying out the scenario as I see it.  I mean, we can feel pretty darn confident that at least 2 QBs go in the top 3, and then we can also feel confident that between Denver, Miami, Buffalo, Arizona, LAC, and Baltimore, 2 more will go soon thereafter.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Sure; I was laying out the scenario as I see it.  I mean, we can feel pretty darn confident that at least 2 QBs go in the top 3, and then we can also feel confident that between Denver, Miami, Buffalo, Arizona, LAC, and Baltimore, 2 more will go soon thereafter.

Yeah - I personally think Jackson might end up going higher than people think.  Arm talents wonderful and all, but I think you can build a really unique offense around his skillsets.

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Trade with Giants and we will have choice of all 3 IMO. I think Cleveland will take a QB at 4 not 1. Even if Cleveland takes Rosen then grab Darnold 

And if the Giants want to stay at 2?  Trade isn’t a sure thing.  I think it’s more unlikely the Giants move.  They will take Barkley or a QB

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Why take Jackson we just had Tyrod, sorry same run first QB that is not a pocket QB.

They want a big pocket QB and Jackson is not that guy. Allen is both but very inconsistent. Allen/Jackson both projects to sit at least a full year.

Rosen all day if the pocket QB is what they truly are after. Rosen is ready to fight for job day 1 or at least start by end of season.

It's quite possible the Bills like Jackson and very possible they are in a position to draft him. They're not in a good position to draft Rosen right now. They might not be able to get there. None of us fans really know what they want, regardless of what's been said by Bills management. They've said lots of things, then done something completely different.