Boomer says Allen, Darnold, Mayfield are first three picks

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

I don't like a QB that needs 2 years.  Some of those projects just never work and you're using a ton of draft capital, as well as burning through all the cheap years on his contract.

That’s why they won’t take Allen. He’s not their plan A or b imo. They traded their starting QB, slow played the FA QB market like they didn’t need one, and sent one total scout to watch him live, one time. No Allen to Bills.

5 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Why? Allen is a good QB. Both the Jets and Browns have solid bridge QB’s that can buy Allen two years to get ready.

To me, he's got the arm and size but don't see the production because of his inconsistencies with accuracy.  If you're not consistently accurate, I just don't think you can succeed as a quality starter at QB in the NFL.

9 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Why? Allen is a good QB. Both the Jets and Browns have solid bridge QB’s that can buy Allen two years to get ready.

If a QB needs 2 years to be ready they have no business being drafted i the 1st rd IMO

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Have you ever watched Lamar Jackson play 

Yes, he is a electric runner and can throw but most young QBs can throw. This last season he was told to stay in the pocket more and he did ok at it but he is still the run first QB he was from day one. He has toothpick legs a hit here or there will break him in half IMO. He is a read once or twice then run QB and in the NFL you want your QB to stay in that pocket to the last second, IMO he will rely on his running once the first or second read is not wide open, ala Tyrod.

He is not a big see over the top QB they are looking for. He has also shown to be inconsitant with throws. He is a wicked runner so teams will do what they did to Tyrod force him to stay in the pocket. IMO he is a big project and he won't last in the NFL.

So IMO comparison, is  both are electric when running, both are read once or twice then run, both will  not stay in the pocket long enough to get a 3rd or 4th read and both can not see over the line as well as the other bigger QBs. Many point to Jackson as a running QB, just because this last season he threw more all of a sudden some think he is a pocket QB that has been a pocket QB all along and his amazing running is forgotten when truth is his running is what got him the job in the first place.

Edited by xRUSHx

2 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

It would be wonderful if the Browns took Allen.

If the Giants take Darnold how long will they sit him? Didn't everybody get fired after they benched Eli this year?

I actually think the NYG could nab Mayfield at 12 after trading back with Bills. His style is a lot like Keenum who Shurmer had success with. And yes i think he will be there. 

22 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If the Broncos don't want him, we may not have to trade up. Browns go Barkley, Broncos Nelson, Colts Chubb. We would probably have to trade to 7 or something to jump the Dolphins. 

I just don't trust someone making an aggressive move to get in front of us.  Unless teams put Jackson in the same tier of the other guys, once the 3rd QB goes I have to imagine the phones start ringing off the hook.

Buffalo could luck-out and have Jackson fall to them at 12. However, I think they will need to move up to get him. Both Arizona, LA Chargers, and Miami could be very interested in jumping Buffalo to pick Jackson.

3 minutes ago, Looper said:

See Aaron Rodgers

OK.. at least he was drafted at 21 not top 5.. .. However they had also had a HOF QB in Farve hollding the fort

I'm sure the jets and Browns have a HOF QB to sit behind for 2 years

Bull...

2 QBs in the top 10...gonna realize after the draft that people in the NFL didnt prize this group of QBs as much as people outside the NFL did...all of them have flaws none of them are even close to Andrew Luck

Edited by matter2003

2 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Buffalo could luck-out and have Jackson fall to them at 12. However, I think they will need to move up to get him. Both Arizona, LA Chargers, and Miami could be very interested in jumping Buffalo to pick Jackson.

Jackson in not a luck-out. Its quite th eopposite

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Indeed, but stone cold lock that the Chargers do not take him 

1 minute ago, gjv001 said:

I can see this too. Next years QB class looks very weak and it's probably scaring NFL teams like Cards, Chargers, Saints, Steelers and Jaguars who might make a big move like the Chiefs and Texans did last year. It seems Jackson will be the last one seen as a franchise QB talent level after Denver makes their pick which will probably not be Jackson.

This is still over a month away, and the draft order is still very much unknown because of the trading, so it's just a wild guess at this point.

How each team evaluates players is still unknown, there is no clear cut #1 this year.   I'd be surprised if the Jets gave away that much to trade up for Mayfield, but maybe they did.

The one certainty is how incredibly powerful a losing season or two can be towards helping the future of your team.   If the Giants traded with us, they'd have SIX picks in the top 66.  That's averaging one every 11 picks for the first two rounds.  Talk about a massive shot in the arm for a team, adding that many likely starters all under cheap contracts for at least four years (five for some) is pretty savvy managing.   

Even our little one game tank against the Jets two years ago when we started Cardale in a meaningless last game of the year slid us up four draft spots to the 10th spot and got us KC's pick this year.  The Chiefs weren't waiting until 14 to get Mahomes.  Without that loss that nobody remembers, we aren't remotely close to sniffing a trade up with the Giants right now.

My last point on QB drafting:   If you pick a qb and he pans out, you have your key guy for a decade or more.  You aren't letting him go.   If you pick any other position it's very likely the dude is gone after 5 years to injury or free agency.  To never have to waste a high pick on a qb until the year 2030 (and be a playoff team in the meantime) sounds really nice to me.

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Have you ever watched Lamar Jackson play 

if so I’m confused at what you saw. I don’t think they are going to take Lamar. But it’s not because he is just like Tyrod. I don’t see this comparison. They are both fast. That’s it.

Well they are also both black.

Jackson/Taylor is such a lazy comparison there is only one explanation....

53 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Rosen falling to 4, us moving up with 12 / 53 / 65 maybe a conditional 2019 2nd / 3rd is my all time best case scenario.  Being able to walk out with Rosen and pick 22, one of 53-65, and the 2019 1st would be amazing.

Why would they move when they could take Barkley at 4?

1 minute ago, KellyToTasker said:

Aaron Rodgers did not need years to develop. Rodgers needed Favre to leave. 

Not true. They had to rebuild his entire throwing motion.

• Like (+1) 1