Boomer says Allen, Darnold, Mayfield are first three picks

I was listening to WFAN this morning and Boomer Esiason said that he thinks the Browns and will select Josh Allen Because he matches what Todd Haley is looking for in a QB (big arm, Rothlesberger style).

He also said that he thinks the Giants can not afford to not go QB and will select Sam Darnold. Gives Pat Shumer the young QB to groom behind Manning for one year. Eli Manning is due 23 million next year and ODB’s contract is going to be too huge of a deal to have both players. That would be about 40-50 million tied up in two positions.

He then said that he thinks the Jets will pick Mayfield at #3. He didn’t go into much detail as to why other than he felt they were a good match.

The Giants picking a QB is not being discussed much. The Bills might even have to give up a prime pick to trade up for Lamar Jackson (if they think he's a potential franchise QB) so that the Cardinals don’t jump ahead of them.

Edited by 1billsfan

2 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

I was listening to WFAN this morning and Boomer Esiason said that he thinks the Browns and will select Josh Allen Because he matches what Todd Haley is looking for in a QB (big arm, Rothlesberger style).

He also said that he doesn’t think the Giants can not afford to not go QB and will select Sam Darnold. Gives Pat Shumer the young QB to groom behind Manning for one year. Eli Manning is due 23 million next year and ODB’s contract is going to be too huge of a deal to have both players. That would be about 40-50 million tied up in two positions.

He then said that he thinks the Jets will pick Mayfield at #3. He didn’t go into much detail as to why other than he felt they were a good match.

The Giants picking a QB is not being discussed much. The Bills might even have to give up a prime pick to trade up for Lamar Jackson (if they think he's a potential franchise QB) so that the Cardinals don’t jump ahead of them.

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would feel sorry for this first time for the Cleveland fans if they take Allen.
I think though I would rather the Jets take him.  I would laugh.

Only the first time? For the last few seasons if people trashed the Bills my go to was "They could be the Browns" 

If Darnold is there I think the Giants have to take him. I don't love him, but everyone seems to agree he should clearly be #1 overall. If this is true, the Jets jumped the Broncos for Mayfield and we may see Rosen fall a bit, which is good for us. 

14 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I have a feeling they stay at 12 and take Jackson. 

Why take Jackson we just had Tyrod, sorry same run first QB that is not a pocket QB.

They want a big pocket QB and Jackson is not that guy. Allen is both but very inconsistent. Allen/Jackson both projects to sit at least a full year.

Rosen all day if the pocket QB is what they truly are after. Rosen is ready to fight for job day 1 or at least start by end of season.

Edited by xRUSHx

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Rosen falling to 4, us moving up with 12 / 53 / 65 maybe a conditional 2019 2nd / 3rd is my all time best case scenario.  Being able to walk out with Rosen and pick 22, one of 53-65, and the 2019 1st would be amazing.

If the Broncos don't want him, we may not have to trade up. Browns go Barkley, Broncos Nelson, Colts Chubb. We would probably have to trade to 7 or something to jump the Dolphins. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloTX said:

Only the first time? For the last few seasons if people trashed the Bills my go to was "They could be the Browns" 

The Browns are the team that I don't want to succeed before the Bills.  We've had some misery over the last several years and I've enjoyed them being bad.

But now, again, having the top pick and still not addressing the QB position?  I would feel for them.

Of course this is me thinking Allen will bust.  I could very well be wrong on that.

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If Darnold is there I think the Giants have to take him. I don't love him, but everyone seems to agree he should clearly be #1 overall. If this is true, the Jets jumped the Broncos for Mayfield and we may see Rosen fall a bit, which is good for us. 

If they do take Darnold, that ends their "win now" narrative, does it not?

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

Why take Jackson we just had Tyrod, sorry same run first QB that is not a pocket QB.

They want a big pocket QB and Jackson is not that guy. Allen is both but very inconsistent. Allen/Jackson both projects to sit at least a full year.

Rosen all day if the pocket QB is what they truly are after.

Might not be able to get him

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would feel sorry for this first time for the Cleveland fans if they take Allen.
I think though I would rather the Jets take him.  I would laugh.

Why? Allen is a good QB. Both the Jets and Browns have solid bridge QB’s that can buy Allen two years to get ready.

3 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Rosen all day if the pocket QB is what they truly are after.

Have you ever watched Lamar Jackson play 

if so I’m confused at what you saw. I don’t think they are going to take Lamar. But it’s not because he is just like Tyrod. I don’t see this comparison. They are both fast. That’s it.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Why? Allen is a good QB. Both the Jets and Browns have solid bridge QB’s that can buy Allen two years to get ready.

I don't like a QB that needs 2 years.  Some of those projects just never work and you're using a ton of draft capital, as well as burning through all the cheap years on his contract.

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Might not be able to get him

Trade with Giants and we will have choice of all 3 IMO. I think Cleveland will take a QB at 4 not 1. Even if Cleveland takes Rosen then grab Darnold 

One of the things that Beane always eludes to in the sort of DNA that he looks for is that they are a "competitor".   If there is a knock on Rosen, it's that he is perceived to not be that much of a competitor.  

By the way, Rosen and Mayfield are my two favorites and from my untrained eye would be the ones that I hope we get.  But the comments from Beane is something to consider.  Maybe they aren't all that high on Rosen.  Who knows?