Life gets tougher every day (Episode #627)

Sadly, I don't live far from this community cited in the article. Talk about bags of snot. These kids have never been told "No". They entitled little snots who all got participation ribbons, played little league where they didn't keep score, everyone of them is the perfect child......I will go sit on my porch and yell at kids on my lawn now

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Guffalo said:

Sadly, I don't live far from this community cited in the article. Talk about bags of snot. These kids have never been told "No". They entitled little snots who all got participation ribbons, played little league where they didn't keep score, everyone of them is the perfect child......I will go sit on my porch and yell at kids on my lawn now

What about the people told "no" and still feel entitled. :P

As a good Lib, I hold out hope that it has nothing to do with being told "no."  There should be something in the spirit, the soul, work ethic, about doing the best you can no matter what... Giving it your all, that overrides the laziness of entitlement.

Am I fighting human nature? :(

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Translation:

Get off my lawn!

I walked to school uphill BOTH ways in the rain & snow.

:P

So did I!

Seriously, the school was about a mile away. From my house it was about a quarter mile up, a half mile flat, then a quarter mile down. Up hill, both ways. In rain and snow, in Massachusetts near the New Hampshire border. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

So did I!

Seriously, the school was about a mile away. From my house it was about a quarter mile up, a half mile flat, then a quarter mile down. Up hill, both ways. In rain and snow, in Massachusetts near the New Hampshire border. 

Uphill both ways for the whole trip!

:P

Ever see a high school parking lot in Scarsdale or Rye? Looks like a Mercedes Dealership.  I'm sure there are parts of Long Island that are the same, hence the desire for a parking lot to keep those $100K+ cars off the mean streets

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Every day from 10 th grade on I walked to HS surrounded by a thick fog bank. 

I walked to school from kindergarten to my senior year.  Sure the school was only a couple blocks away but still

Oh and grades 9-12 were surrounded by a think fog bank. Well not really fog.  More like cigarettes and pot smoke. B-)

• Like (+1) 1

What a rag the NY Times is. Never miss an opportunity to push their leftist horsehite. So envious that winners have earned the right to spoil their kids while they have to sit behind a desk spewing garbage for the Times.

Anyway, I drove a '68 Meteor Montcalm to school. Passed down by my uncle to my crazy cousin that rolled it a couple times and god knows what else. By the time I got it the thing had way more bondo in it than metal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Dante said:

What a rag the NY Times is. Never miss an opportunity to push their leftist horsehite. So envious that winners have earned the right to spoil their kids while they have to sit behind a desk spewing garbage for the Times.

Anyway, I drove a '68 Meteor Montcalm to school. Passed down by my uncle to my crazy cousin that rolled it a couple times and god knows what else. By the time I got it the thing had way more bondo in it than metal.

Double in value every time you filled the tank?  And has was $.50 a gallon then. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Dante said:

Yeah... And when your kid died in it (blessed are the cousins who live), they didn't sue either or make an insurance claim.  Who the hell had insurance anyway? It was their fault for cracking up that POS.

The good old days!  Here's a toast to them!

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Double in value every time you filled the tank?  And has was $.50 a gallon then. 

Hah.. Im sure it did!  It was a boat but as I remember it moved well. 396 4 barrel. 

63% of Americans can not pay for a $500 emergency with funds from a savings account.

Then you have other Americans who give their 17 year old a BMW to drive to high school.

The wealth inequality in this country is one of our biggest problems, and it's getting worse every day.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

63% of Americans can not pay for a $500 emergency with funds from a savings account.

Then you have other Americans who give their 17 year old a BMW to drive to high school.

The wealth inequality in this country is one of our biggest problems, and it's getting worse every day.

Give me one reason why wealth inequality is a problem, other than jealousy.

16 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

That's not 'wealth inequality', that's the difference between people who understand how to manage their resources vs people who don't.   Handing more free money to the 63% isn't going to result in them having any additional saving.  Unless you are an off the boat immigrant who can't speak English, there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever to not have the ability to pay for a $500 emergency.   And that excuse is only good for about a year.

Maybe you can share what portion of that 63% own a cell phone and have cable/satellite TV service.

It's idiocy like this that leads countries to end up like Greece.

Edited by KD in CA