QB Film Room: Lamar Jackson

Buffalo716

Lamar Jackson took the football world by storm as a Sophomore and won the Heisman Trophy in the process... The spindly Jackson has the speed of a sprinter, the elusiveness of a RB and a quick release to boot

OVERVIEW

The 6'2 QB is 215 pounds of dynamite. He is a legitimate threat to score every time he takes off.

He Is comfortable playing under center and making pro reads

Has improved his accuracy and decision making yearly 

Quick release with the ability to drive the ball

Has improved holding safeties and LBrs with his eyes

Can float passes into safeties hands

Has a hard time with touch over LBrs and in front of safeties 

Can underthrow deep ball

very inconsistent accuracy on the move

PROS

- high end athlete 

-works under center

-improved accuracy yearly 

-snappy delivery 

-Forces QB spy at all times

-can look off safeties 

-TD threat evertime he takes off

- Pocket Poise has improved yearly

-Improved pre snap reads yearly 

-Gamer

CONS

- can float passes into safeties 

- needs work on intermediate touch

- can underthrow deep ball

- inconsistent accuracy when on the move

- sometimes struggles to get to 3rd read

- passes batted at LoS

-can be lax in setup 

- needs to learn to slide

-narrower base on setup

BOTTOM LINE

Lamar Jackson is a highly skilled individual who does not fit every teams needs. He possesses big time boom or bust potential for whoever decides to draft him and sitting should be in his best interest... especially to adapt to the speed of the NFL... even though his unique play style may lead to early success 

His Unique skill set will land him in the first round 

GRADE

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, billspro said:

Seems like you view him as a similar prospect as Rudolph, which seem fair. 

Which one do you take if the Bills are stuck with Rudolph, White, or Jackson?

Jackson has the biggest ceiling of all 3 imo and he also has the physical edge 

I'm 3/4 done with white so I don't have a final conclusion yet

Rudolph is just steady as she goes... doesn't get too high , doesn't get too low... makes throws to all parts of the field ... lot of starting experience.. 

If you want a pocket passer I think it's Rudolph or White... if you want to bring in a new age off football you might go Jackson

3 hours ago, Exxdee said:

Plz take Lamar @12 Buffalo! In Daboll's college offence, I think he could do wonders. Him and Shady running the option, and throwing bombs to Benjamin and Clay. So good

News flash!!! Did you know that Sean McDermott coached on teams that had McNabb, Vick and Cam as their QBs?? Prepare to be shocked Barbarian

49 minutes ago, the skycap said:

News flash!!! Did you know that Sean McDermott coached on teams that had McNabb, Vick and Cam as their QBs?? Prepare to be shocked Barbarian

The Bills have been talking about pocket passers all offseason. McDermott is also in recorded saying he knows the limitations of running QBs because he has worked with them in the past.

Jackson sails more passes on tape than any other top QB prospect  in the past few drafts. Just be ready for that if we draft him.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Never!!!

You will be the epitome of flexibility after you get your bottom ferociously belt whipped. I can guarantee it that your stubborn behavior will turn into compliant behavior. Sore arses have a tendency to make people come around.  :P

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You will be the epitome of flexibility after you get your bottom ferociously belt whipped. I can guarantee it that your stubborn behavior will turn into compliant behavior. Sore arses have a tendency to make people come around.  :P

If the military couldn't do it no one can hahahahaha !!! :devil:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Navy and I did get in tons of trouble, but when you're right you're right 0:)

I'm surprised that you weren't court martialed on a ship with the sentence being tying an anchor to your waste and throwing you overboard. The benefit to the shipmates is one less incorrigible and obstinate sailor to deal with.  A secondary benefit is an additional  bunk to add to the mix. :)

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

I'm surprised that you weren't court martialed on a ship with the sentence being tying an anchor to your waste and throwing you overboard. The benefit to the shipmates is one less incorrigible and obstinate sailor to deal with.  A secondary benefit is an additional  bunk to add to the mix. :)

They were too stupid for that, and was the reason I got out.

They were too stupid for that, and was the reason I got out.

So you transferred your obstinacy from the military to civilian life. Is it true your  middle name is "incorrigible" ?:D

31 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yep Lol !I

It must be in the genes, my son was diagnosed with ODD - oppositional defiant disorder

My niece had a son who fell into that ODD spectrum. He was a handful. With special programs in school and a lot of patience he steadily came around. He still has some quirks revolving around stubbornness. When I went to California to visit my niece and her family I was stunned how he evolved. He is a wonderful kid and made tremendous progress on how he interacts with people. The challenge was to channel him into areas of his interests. When he is interested in something he becomes very committed. On the problematic side is when he isn't interested in something he can be a mule. To be honest I was very concerned how his life was going to develop. After the visit I came away without a doubt that he is going to be a success in life not only because he is talented in certain areas but more so because he has a good heart. The moral of the story for me is not to give up on a person and to love without conditions. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.