YOLO mock draft

58 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

1.  Cleveland.    DARNOLD.  Seems to be gathering steams as no.1 overall.

2. NY Giants.    ROSEN.  This is a deep RB draft class.  You can get a good one later.  They have a short shelf life.  The Giants need a successor to Eli, the 2019 draft class at QB is hot garbage.  So bad it won't have a 1st round prospect in it.  They won't have a better chance than they will with this pick to get a bonafide blue chip QB to pass the torch to.  

3.  NY Jets.      MAYFIELD.  The GM and Coach DO NOT HAVE TIME to wait on Allen.  They need a guy who plays day 1.  That is Mayfield.  He had a billion reps in college.  He got better every year, he is a name, and he is a charachter.  This who they went up for.

4.  Cleveland.    KOLTON MILLER. AGain, they signed Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson is on the roster (one of their better players)  ...PS. Hyde was a Buckeye..bonus points for the browns fans..the GM comes from a long line of front offices that DO NOT draft RB high.  Including when he was the one making the picks with KC.  Joe Thomas just Retired.  They NEED his replacement, and here he is.

5. Denver.        ELLIS.  This is another regime with a coaching staff that has THIS YEAR to do something.  They signed Keenum to starter money to win now while they think their window is still open. (debatable) ...This isn't the coaching staff to turn a new QB over to when they are fighting to keep their jobs....they need day 1 starters...and their O line is trash..perfect match.

6.  Colts.         CHUBB.   The Colts could consider a trade down, but Chubb is on the board...he is who they will stay at 6 for..no trade down again.

7.  Bucs.          BARKLEY.  The Bucs get a present gifted to them here....the impact playmaker they need in the backfield to go with Winston and Evans.  

8.  Bears.        DAVENPORT.  Team needs a premium pass rusher....they spent FA dollars on offense.

9.  BILLS.        Trade up to 9 with San Francisco.  The Niners don't see anything here they MUST have and field calls from Arizona and the Bills about this pick.  The Bills give up the 12th, keep the 22nd a 2nd and 3rd to do this.   ....and they select.....ALLEN.  Knowing Arizona was in on him here, the Bills make the move here and get what they hope is their man. (twobillsdrive.com servers will blow smoke)  

The rest doesn't matter.

the 22 matters...you could at least skip 10 - 21 and write who we pick at 22...just lazy :)

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He nicked that from my mock ;).

It does make a lot of sense though. They have nothing behind Ben, who keeps threatening to retire, a pretty complete roster in other spots and run a lot of spread concepts that Rudolph will recognise which would help the adjustment. 

Ha! actually their entire brass was huddled around him at his pro day last week 

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ha! actually their entire brass was huddled around him at his pro day last week 

Yea, I saw that.  To me if he is there at their pick and I think he likely is I think it will be very hard for them to pass him up.  It just makes too much sense.  

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea, I saw that.  To me if he is there at their pick and I think he likely is I think it will be very hard for them to pass him up.  It just makes too much sense.  

So I know nothing but if he’s good enough for them (and for the Pats when people say they will take him to be Brady’s successor) then why is he not good enough for the Bills? These are the two most successful teams in the afc. I get that he would get to sit behind two HOF players before taking the field but to me, his issue isn’t being raw like a Darnold or Allen. So not sure why that matters. Help! Just seeking to understand more than anything, as I clearly want Rosen as my first choice. But I see people say that the Bills shouldn’t touch him, he’s not worth it at 12 or 22. But hell, if he gets to the Pats or Steelers they will snatch him right up :blink:

we should take cues from the Jets who have had zero success with this regime (and prior) in drafting QBs instead? 

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So I know nothing but if he’s good enough for them (and for the Pats when people say they will take him to be Brady’s successor) then why is he not good enough for the Bills? These are the two most successful teams in the afc. I get that he would get to sit behind two HOF players before taking the field but to me, his issue isn’t being raw like a Darnold or Allen. So not sure why that matters. Help! Just seeking to understand more than anything, as I clearly want Rosen as my first choice. But I see people say that the Bills shouldn’t touch him, he’s not worth it at 12 or 22. But hell, if he gets to the Pats or Steelers they will snatch him right up :blink:

we should take cues from the Jets who have had zero success with this regime (and prior) in drafting QBs instead? 

A lot of people really don't seem to like him and see no way that teams will see him as a 1st or high 2nd round pick.  I don't agree with those people, I think he is better than they do and I think that he will be of interest - especially to the teams who still have an older franchise QB who are looking for a guy to try and groom behind them.  I'd be fine with Rudolph at #22 if the Bills can't get up for Rosen.  I think that is high end of his value but I would not be saying the Bills shouldn't touch him.  I'd be more comfortable with Rudolph at #22 than either Jackson or Allen at #12.  I actually think the Bills have some interest as well but he is probably the fall back only option for them.  I think the Steelers fit is probably the best one for him though.  

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

A lot of people really don't seem to like him and see no way that teams will see him as a 1st or high 2nd round pick.  I don't agree with those people, I think he is better than they do and I think that he will be of interest - especially to the teams who still have an older franchise QB who are looking for a guy to try and groom behind them.  I'd be fine with Rudolph at #22 if the Bills can't get up for Rosen.  I think that is high end of his value but I would not be saying the Bills shouldn't touch him.  I'd be more comfortable with Rudolph at #22 than either Jackson or Allen at #12.  I actually think the Bills have some interest as well but he is probably the fall back only option for them.  I think the Steelers fit is probably the best one for him though.  

Thanks - My biggest question is that he’s not really the type that needs “groomed” I thought. He’s more of the ready to play now type, but with less upside than some of the others. Which is why I don’t get that he’s a better fit for teams with an older incumbent. Seems like he’s a better fit for a team like the Bills whereas Josh Allen is a better fit for those two teams. But what do i know.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thanks - My biggest question is that he’s not really the type that needs “groomed” I thought. He’s more of the ready to play now type, but with less upside than some of the others. Which is why I don’t get that he’s a better fit for teams with an older incumbent. Seems like he’s a better fit for a team like the Bills whereas Josh Allen is a better fit for those two teams. But what do i know.

I think he would benefit from some time on the bench.  He is coming from an offense that is very simplistic with what I describe as "learned reads" rather than pure full field reads.  Ok St have a small playbook and run the same plays 3 or 4 times a game so there will be a learning process for him with the sheer volume of information he needs to consume at the NFL level.  He also hasn't done any under centre stuff and as we saw with Jared Goff's rookie year that sometimes takes a while to nail down..... who can forget the backup centre in Hard Knocks telling Goff "you need to get your thumb right in my butt" :lol:.  I think Rudolph is the kind of guy who if you have a bridge QB you probably look at getting on the field in week 8 or 9 in the same way Goff did.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I wasn't for giving up our 1st next year until a caller on WGR earlier.  His point was give a away our 1st next year, we have $100 million in cap space.....just by a need next year (OL/DL/WR etc....)

A franchise QB keeps you competitive for 15 years.  I knew all this but for whatever reason, I was stubborn about keeping our first.

I would take this draft scenario in a heartbeat.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Holy crap!!!

If your version is remotely close to reality I pray and pray and pray again we stay put at 12 and get Mayfield.

This ^^^^^^

10 hours ago, JohnC said:

When all is said and done if the Bills don't come out of this draft with a high-end qb prospect I will be very disappointed. If the Bills can't get Rosen I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills go after Allen. I have the feeling that McBeane because of their history with Newton at Carolina that they favor big qbs. 

They are the one's buying the groceries. Whatever they put on the table is what you are going to get.  :)

Please anybody BUT Rosen , especially if we have to move up to #2 and give up so many picks , Please let it Mayfield !! 

One thing I know...

This draft isn't going to go how the experts are projecting it to go.  It NEVER does.

If the Bills trade up for a QB, so be it - BUT if they stay put, I've got my fingers crossed for Quenten Nelson.

It's a no brainer and if Beane is thinking long term, a Richie replacement is going to be needed in the next year or 2.

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Elite is top 5-10 for me. He’s not really “special” in any category, so I don’t think he will go that high. Highly productive player in college with Lincoln Riley’s offense but needs a certain scheme to succeed in the NFL due to his height. Some teams are set up for that and some aren’t. He also is a lightening rod with his actions. He’s going to have to prove he’s grown up to be the face of a franchise . Thing is, he’s one of the oldest QBs in this draft. He’s already going to be 23 at draft time. I like him but he’s not for everyone. This is of course jmo.

I respectfully but strenuously disagree with you that Mayfield isn't special in any one category. Without question he is stupendously accurate with his short to medium passes. Those type of posses are the bulk of the pro passes. You are right that a scheme can skew the stats. But what distinguishes Mayfield is not his impressive statistical numbers but his impeccable ball placement. Tyrod couldn't even properly complete a swing pass. Mayfield consistently puts the ball were the receiver can catch it in stride. 

Rosen throws the most beautiful classical pro ball. However, in the short to medium game which makes up the bulk of the pro passing plays Mayfield is as good, if not better, than any other qb in this class. I don't believe as much as you do that  he requires a scheme specific fit. But if he does then so what? Adjust the scheme as you would do for any other player.

I'm open to a variety of options. If Rosen is the preferred qb and can't be attained then the next few options can still be very good options. I strongly believe that we have to come out of this draft with a credible franchise qb prospect. If option A is not available then go to B or C. It just needs to be done so this franchise can move on from that vexing issue.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Three 1st round picks plus another pick to draft one of these guys?

I really hope that doesn't happen.

One of my many pet peeves. It wouldn't be 3 1st rounders, well, technically it is but in the end result is only 2 1st rounders. Say they trade 12 and 21 plus next year's first for the 2nd, imagine that they're just swapping 2 for 12, and 21 and next years pick are added to get up to 2, thus only 2 1st rounders. Btw. I'm against trading up. Everybody had a conniption when they traded "2" first rounders for Watkins, thing is they didn't trade 2, they swapped 1sts and gave up 1st

Edited by SteveFreeman22

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The NYG make out like crazy with this scenario. Plus I think that they will indeed take a QB in this draft. In the 2nd.

Btw I’m being mostly sarcastic about the inside info - though I do have some it’s not worth much 6 weeks out. And I have nada on the Bills.

I'm one of those weird people who is a Davis Webb believer. I liked him at Cal and thought he looked like a really good pro prospect.