Why is Derrius Guice showing up at #22 for the Bills?

Punt75

On two updated National NFL 'mock draft' sites (which mean very little of course) the name Derrius Guise appears as the Bills #22 pick.  He's a 5'11", 215# RB from LSU.  He had a great 2016 season but was held back by injuries last year.  Apparently he's a very hard, tough runner with 4.49 speed.  He's compared on sites to Ray Rice or Marshawn Lynch. They state he runs with "anger"!

I just find it odd that he's seen as a pick for the Bills in the 1st Round?  He's projected to be a late 1st or early 2nd round selection.  Does somebody know something about our RB situation?  We certainly need a WR, Tackle, Center, LB and more instead of a running back!

Maybe McCoy back to the Eagles as part of a package of players for Nick Foles?   Any ideas???????

Ask the people that make those mock drafts... it isnt like it is Beane himself saying it. Most likely they are just filling in a spot for the Bills draft and dont know what the Bills need. I dont know how you think some nobodies mock is a sign for a trade or anything.

Edited by Boca BIlls

5 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

On two updated National NFL 'mock draft' sites (which mean very little of course) the name Derrius Guise appears as the Bills #22 pick.  He's a 5'11", 215# RB from LSU.  He had a great 2016 season but was held back by injuries last year.  Apparently he's a very hard, tough runner with 4.49 speed.  He's compared on sites to Ray Rice or Marshawn Lynch. They state he runs with "anger"!

I just find it odd that he's seen as a pick for the Bills in the 1st Round?  He's projected to be a late 1st or early 2nd round selection.  Does somebody know something about our RB situation?  We certainly need a WR, Tackle, Center, LB and more instead of a running back!

Maybe McCoy back to the Eagles as part of a package of players for Nick Foles?   Any ideas???????

Keywords here: "Mock Draft" 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Bills met with him for 1. Guice is a good player

Isn't he the player that complained because he was asked if he "liked men" at the combine???  Very strange question!  These guys are just college kids and expected to be verbally proficient in an interview for a $mil+ job!!!

7 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Another dent in the table. 

I will however Gove credit where credit is due. This is at least one of the more creative ways in acquiring Foles 

Tell SHAW66 this!!!!

4 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

Isn't he the player that complained because he was asked if he "liked men" at the combine???  Very strange question!  These guys are just college kids and expected to be verbally proficient in an interview for a $mil+ job!!!

Yep, that’s the guy. They also asked him something else crazy but don’t remember what it was.

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep, that’s the guy. They also asked him something else crazy but don’t remember what it was.

They asked him something to the effect about his mother being a prostitute - - -in a circular way!  That's what he said!

You said it yourself. They mean very little. 

That said i could see the Bills drafting him in the 2nd if he’s still there. At least one team reportedly has him rated higher than Barkley. 

I do not think they will use a 1st on a RB.

no, the mock draft sites don’t know about some secret trade with McCoy. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Bills met with him for 1. Guice is a good player

Yolo had a plausible mock where the Giants trade with Buffalo for the second pick and accumulate picks and select Guice. It would make sense for the Giants and for the Bills where they select Rosen.

2 hours ago, Punt75 said:

It wouldn’t be my first choice but I think any outsider likely sees a 30 year old feature back with a ton of carries.