Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Punt75

Why is Derrius Guice showing up at #22 for the Bills?

Recommended Posts

On two updated National NFL 'mock draft' sites (which mean very little of course) the name Derrius Guise appears as the Bills #22 pick.  He's a 5'11", 215# RB from LSU.  He had a great 2016 season but was held back by injuries last year.  Apparently he's a very hard, tough runner with 4.49 speed.  He's compared on sites to Ray Rice or Marshawn Lynch. They state he runs with "anger"!

 

I just find it odd that he's seen as a pick for the Bills in the 1st Round?  He's projected to be a late 1st or early 2nd round selection.  Does somebody know something about our RB situation?  We certainly need a WR, Tackle, Center, LB and more instead of a running back!

 

Maybe McCoy back to the Eagles as part of a package of players for Nick Foles?   Any ideas???????

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask the people that make those mock drafts... it isnt like it is Beane himself saying it. Most likely they are just filling in a spot for the Bills draft and dont know what the Bills need. I dont know how you think some nobodies mock is a sign for a trade or anything.

Edited by Boca BIlls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another dent in the table. 

I will however give credit where credit is due. This is at least one of the more creative ways in acquiring Foles 

Edited by gobills1212

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

On two updated National NFL 'mock draft' sites (which mean very little of course) the name Derrius Guise appears as the Bills #22 pick.  He's a 5'11", 215# RB from LSU.  He had a great 2016 season but was held back by injuries last year.  Apparently he's a very hard, tough runner with 4.49 speed.  He's compared on sites to Ray Rice or Marshawn Lynch. They state he runs with "anger"!

 

I just find it odd that he's seen as a pick for the Bills in the 1st Round?  He's projected to be a late 1st or early 2nd round selection.  Does somebody know something about our RB situation?  We certainly need a WR, Tackle, Center, LB and more instead of a running back!

 

Maybe McCoy back to the Eagles as part of a package of players for Nick Foles?   Any ideas???????

 

 

 

Keywords here: "Mock Draft" 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Bills met with him for 1. Guice is a good player

 

Isn't he the player that complained because he was asked if he "liked men" at the combine???  Very strange question!  These guys are just college kids and expected to be verbally proficient in an interview for a $mil+ job!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cause he’s awesome.

 

actually as much as I’d like to see Guice on the Bills, the Bills would be crazy to take a RB in round one.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Another dent in the table. 

I will however Gove credit where credit is due. This is at least one of the more creative ways in acquiring Foles 

 

Tell SHAW66 this!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Punt75 said:

 

Tell SHAW66 this!!!!

Haha, ive tried. Those foles guys are a persistant bunch with hearts of gold who never give up or crumble under pressure. They'd prob say the same about Foles himself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

 

Isn't he the player that complained because he was asked if he "liked men" at the combine???  Very strange question!  These guys are just college kids and expected to be verbally proficient in an interview for a $mil+ job!!!

Yep, that’s the guy. They also asked him something else crazy but don’t remember what it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep, that’s the guy. They also asked him something else crazy but don’t remember what it was.

 

They asked him something to the effect about his mother being a prostitute - - -in a circular way!  That's what he said!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You said it yourself. They mean very little. 

 

That said i could see the Bills drafting him in the 2nd if he’s still there. At least one team reportedly has him rated higher than Barkley. 

 

I do not think they will use a 1st on a RB.

 

no, the mock draft sites don’t know about some secret trade with McCoy. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's where the dart landed when the pet chimpanzee threw it?  BTW, I don't think trading Shady for Foles is necessarily the direction Buffalo should consider going, Guice or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Bills met with him for 1. Guice is a good player

I'm liking the LSU players a lot!! DJ Chark, Guice, Donte Jackson, Arden Key. I wouldn't mind all of these on the Bills roster.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Bills met with him for 1. Guice is a good player

Yolo had a plausible mock where the Giants trade with Buffalo for the second pick and accumulate picks and select Guice. It would make sense for the Giants and for the Bills where they select Rosen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Punt75 said:

On two updated National NFL 'mock draft' sites (which mean very little of course) the name Derrius Guise appears as the Bills #22 pick.  He's a 5'11", 215# RB from LSU.  He had a great 2016 season but was held back by injuries last year.  Apparently he's a very hard, tough runner with 4.49 speed.  He's compared on sites to Ray Rice or Marshawn Lynch. They state he runs with "anger"!

 

I just find it odd that he's seen as a pick for the Bills in the 1st Round?  He's projected to be a late 1st or early 2nd round selection.  Does somebody know something about our RB situation?  We certainly need a WR, Tackle, Center, LB and more instead of a running back!

 

Maybe McCoy back to the Eagles as part of a package of players for Nick Foles?   Any ideas???????

 

 

 

It wouldn’t be my first choice but I think any outsider likely sees a 30 year old feature back with a ton of carries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Why not?

Well for one, he’s clearly too young to play RB in Buffalo. Give him 6-7 years though and Bills will be on the phone with that FA contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×