Trade back Idea

I'm not for or against it, but depending on how the draft unfolds, I could see the Bills trading back in the first for a late first rounder and a second. They would then take the late first and trade it to Philly for Foles.  In the end, Philly gets the first round rounder they wanted for Foles, the Bills get a Qb and an extra second rounder.  Again I'm not for or against it just looking to talk some football.  Based on what the Jets did I think moving up to 2 is going to be very hard.  I do not think this was the plan initially, but I do think they would of been comfortable trading a second for Foles.      

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Just say no to any more Foles talk please. Manifest medicrity via a constant stream of other team's back up QBs is no way to go through life.

Ideally I would prefer to draft a young guy, hope we pick right, and he becomes our guy for the next 15 years.  I never really watched Foles all that much, but Foles was pretty impressive head to head against Brady on the biggest stage there is.  You have to give him that, and you can't say the Philly won based on there defense.  NE still put up 30 plus points, I can't ever really remember anyone beating Brady in a shoot out.  Again I'm not a Foles backer, I think the Jets totally blindside us with that trade.  This just seems like it would be a very Billish type move, it salary cap friendly, and lets them fill a couple more holes maybe even a Mike White or R. Mason in a later round..

AJ McCaran will be the starting QB in 2018, our rookie QB will learn, get coached up and get some reps during the year.

There will be a quality QB available at the 12th pick and if the Bills go for needs a LB at 22, a speed WR at 53, a 3 technique DT at 56 and picks at slot corner and interior offensive line follow at 65 and 96.

Far better outcome then trading up and giving up your draft choices for a QB who is rated comparably to The Who you get at 12.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

AJ McCaran will be the starting QB in 2018, our rookie QB will learn, get coached up and get some reps during the year.

There will be a quality QB available at the 12th pick and if the Bills go for needs a LB at 22, a speed WR at 53, a 3 technique DT at 56 and picks at slot corner and interior offensive line follow at 65 and 96.

Far better outcome then trading up and giving up your draft choices for a QB who is rated comparably to The Who you get at 12.

Dude, who the hell are you and why do I want to follow you to the four corners of hell carrying a six pack upon your command?!

...and also what does it feel like as of this moment to get absolutely every comment you've ever made here get up voted like you are the Gridiron Ghandi*?

* please note I just came up with that, love it, may copy write it, but you can use it for free.

EDIT: Additionally, if you tell me these aren't the droids I'm looking for my weak my mind will have no choice but to tell you to move along.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Dude, who the hell are you and why do I want to follow you to the four corners of hell carrying a six pack upon your command?!

...and also what does it feel like as of this moment to get absolutely every comment you've ever made here get up voted like you are the gridiron Ghandi*?

* please note I just came up with that, love it, may copy write it, but you can use it for free.

Hey thank you for the thumbs up.  Been a Bills fan since 1963, I'm 60 now and have the feeling that we are at the beginning of a era that will lead to becoming a playoff force for the next 5 to 7 years.

Looking at the evolution of the NFL, the current model is a great QB and a well-coached team like New England, or a team with a deep roster and an above average QB.

The breakdown is teams like NE, Pitt, LAC, Dry, GB, ATL, SEA are built around a top tier QB, the rest are building a roster to support their QB, with the Saints even moving in that direction.

I see the Bills building a strong team bottom to top with the QB being a very important but complimentary piece in the overall team.

Thats why this draft is critical.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Trading down after trading up to #12 would be a colossal fail for Beane and the entire front office.  There's about a 0% of this happenning

So wait a minute.

Getting SB MVP QB Foles, keeping #22 and having 3 second round picks is a colossal failure in your book?

Bills could then package #22 and a 2nd or third to move back up in first and get the defender they want (say a stud LB)

Foles, stud LB and 2-3 second round picks is your vision of failure?

Edited by RocCityRoller

1 hour ago, clearwater cadet said:

I'm not for or against it, but depending on how the draft unfolds, I could see the Bills trading back in the first for a late first rounder and a second. They would then take the late first and trade it to Philly for Foles.  In the end, Philly gets the first round rounder they wanted for Foles, the Bills get a Qb and an extra second rounder.  Again I'm not for or against it just looking to talk some football.  Based on what the Jets did I think moving up to 2 is going to be very hard.  I do not think this was the plan initially, but I do think they would of been comfortable trading a second for Foles.      

Wentz might be out until mid October..Foles is off the table.

6 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Wentz might be out until mid October..Foles is off the table.

I think Philly is taking Polian's advice = 2 #1's and 2 #2's!

15 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

So wait a minute.

Getting SB MVP QB Foles, keeping #22 and having 3 second round picks is a colossal failure in your book?

Bills could then package #22 and a 2nd or third to move back up in first and get the defender they want (say a stud LB)

Foles, stud LB and 2-3 second round picks is your vision of failure?

Yes it would be....Foles is a good QB.  He played a great game in the Super Bowl but he was also surrounded by excellent talent and coaching.  He's not the franchise level QB that the team set out to get when the began stocking up a year ago.  Also, trading Foles for #12 in the draft is overspending on a talent.  That idea is a complete FAIL 

1 hour ago, clearwater cadet said:

Or trade back for another #1 pick next year. And try and make the trade with a team likely to not do to well so it's a decent pick.

Doesn't have to be 12, could be 22, moving back and picking up an extra pick.  Just an example Jacksonville want to jump up to grab a tackle in front of Pittsburgh and Tenn.  Not saying it won't or will happen, just friendly football conversation.

Edited by clearwater cadet