Why not give McCarron an honest chance?

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You can disagree all you like, but the Bills' 2018 receiving corps will not come close to matching the talent level of AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu, and Tyler Eifert.

Are you saying that Rosen or Darnold will raise the game of our WR's?  That the potential of those QB's will not be held back by our WR's?  If we gamble away our picks in a move up then they won't be there to grab any help.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Are you saying that Rosen or Darnold will raise the game of our WR's?  That the potential of those QB's will not be held back by our WR's?  If we gamble away our picks in a move up then they won't be there to grab any help.

Absolutely I am saying they have the talent to potentially elevate those around them.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Absolutely I am saying they have the talent to potentially elevate those around them.

Using the word "potentially" does not instill the highest level of confidence in me that this will happen.  At this point with McC already aboard I would rather see what he has learned from the bench plus seeing that at least his completion percentage is stable.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Using the word "potentially" does not instill the highest level of confidence in me that this will happen.  At this point with McC already aboard I would rather see what he has learned from the bench plus seeing that at least his completion percentage is stable.

That's why guys like Rosen and Darnold get drafted very high based on projections of what they can be at the NFL level.  Nothing is guaranteed, but you take the shot on talented players and especially so at the critical QB position. 

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's why guys like Rosen and Darnold get drafted very high based on projections of what they can be at the NFL level.  Nothing is guaranteed, but you take the shot on talented players and especially so at the critical QB position. 

At this point the most certain thing is McC's completion percentage is fairly stable and is reasonably healthy which says something about his ability to process information as a play unfolds and then make a decision.  At a minimum it is something that can be built upon.  

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

At this point the most certain thing is McC's completion percentage is fairly stable and is reasonably healthy which says something about his ability to process information as a play unfolds and then make a decision.  At a minimum it is something that can be built upon.  

His presence will have no impact on the team's quest to draft a QB.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

His presence will have no impact on the team's quest to draft a QB.

Probably not but that is not the same thing as saying we will mortgage the farm to go up to 2.  Waiting for a guy to fall to us at 12 or 22 or even wait until the second round is just as likely.  In a lot of ways taking White in the second makes the best use of risk/reward/ potential lost not selecting another player.

17 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I don’t know if “the process” involves giving up an entire draft to grab a QB on a team with an inadequate WR and LB corps, and a questionable O line.

If you want to win a championship these holes have to be filled properly.

The Eagles are a great example of what good coaching, good systems and good supporting cast can do for a football team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

His numbers far exceed the guy he's replacing.   And that in and of itself is good enough!!

I want to hear the 26 take on  how Jimmy G has proven himself.  

AJ averaged 184 yards passing in his starts. Tyrod averaged over 200. He is 2-2. I’m not sure what numbers you are referring to (unless you are talking Jimmy G)? Jimmy G is really good and I’m thrilled to have him out of the division. 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

AJ averaged 184 yards passing in his starts. Tyrod averaged over 200. He is 2-2. I’m not sure what numbers you are referring to (unless you are talking Jimmy G)? Jimmy G is really good and I’m thrilled to have him out of the division. 

You are wasting time and keystrokes. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The only way this means a lot is if one is plugged into the circumstances of the other for a fairly direct comparison.  Are you saying that Tyrod averaged 200 yards in his first four starts?  Did Tyrod face the league leader in passing yards defended such as AJ did with Denver?  Sounds like we are back to trading opinions again.

8 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The only way this means a lot is if one is plugged into the circumstances of the other for a fairly direct comparison.  Are you saying that Tyrod averaged 200 yards in his first four starts?  Did Tyrod face the league leader in passing yards defended such as AJ did with Denver?  Sounds like we are back to trading opinions again.

That was a response to a quote “his numbers far exceeded the guy that he was replacing.” That isn’t an exchange of opinion. That is fact checking. If that post was a response to Taylor and McCarron it isn’t true. That’s why I asked the question. 

I say we bet the house move as far up as possible and get our Guy who then will compete with McCarron for the job may the better man win. Better to have two chances at a Franchise QB than one. Quit trying to horde picks all that's what the Browns do the same team that is Betting on Tyrod to bring them to the promise land smh.

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That was a response to a quote “his numbers far exceeded the guy that he was replacing.” That isn’t an exchange of opinion. That is fact checking. If that post was a response to Taylor and McCarron it isn’t true. That’s why I asked the question. 

"His numbers far exceeded the guy that he was replacing" is not my quote.  You needed to post that to the person making that quote for them to draw a counter opinion based on what ever analysis they made.  Further, citing "facts" is of extremely limited value in situations such as this.  I did not come up with the "information" that Tyrod "averaged" over 200 yards per game  while McC averaged 184 yards per game.  How statistically significant is that?  That could be one catch for 16 yards difference per game.  Is that on the QB or the receiver or the DB that made an excellent play?  If one wanted to be scientific about it you subject each to the same circumstances to be able to judge relative ability using facts.  Otherwise we are back to exchanging opinions based on performances that are not linked to each other in a meaningful way.  Even if we went back to 2015 and noted that each player faced the league's pass defense leader in Denver that only tells us so much as McC did not face Denver with the Bills team and Tyrod did not face Denver with the Cincy team.  Even 26 wants to make that argument as he repeatedly wants to point out that McC's accomplishment was made with Cincy's receivers versus our core.

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

"His numbers far exceeded the guy that he was replacing" is not my quote.  You needed to post that to the person making that quote for them to draw a counter opinion based on what ever analysis they made.  Further, citing "facts" is of extremely limited value in situations such as this.  I did not come up with the "information" that Tyrod "averaged" over 200 yards per game  while McC averaged 184 yards per game.  How statistically significant is that?  That could be one catch for 16 yards difference per game.  Is that on the QB or the receiver or the DB that made an excellent play?  If one wanted to be scientific about it you subject each to the same circumstances to be able to judge relative ability using facts.  Otherwise we are back to exchanging opinions based on performances that are not linked to each other in a meaningful way.  Even if we went back to 2015 and noted that each player faced the league's pass defense leader in Denver that only tells us so much as McC did not face Denver with the Bills team and Tyrod did not face Denver with the Cincy team.  Even 26 wants to make that argument as he repeatedly wants to point out that McC's accomplishment was made with Cincy's receivers versus our core.

It was quoted in the post that you responded to!! You were the one that took it as something else. You responded to my response to that quote. It’s not my fault that you didn’t read it. 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They can also be a huge failure based on projections.  

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It was quoted in the post that you responded to!! You were the one that took it as something else. You responded to my response to that quote. It’s not my fault that you didn’t read it. 

And I am being extremely consistent in that pointing out both times that a comparison means so much more when both QB's are plugged into the same test using the same supporting cast and same opponents.