2 Mock Draft Simulations

I did two separate mocks on Fan Speak. Settings I used were Fanspeak Mock, Fanspeak Needs, Difficult.  This does not allow for trades. My thoughts entering this was where do I look at Jackson and Allen if at all. I decided I would consider Jackson at #22 but not Allen at all. I don't like either. College QB's with the amount of rush yards Jackson had in college have a huge bust rate. Only Michael Vick and Cam Newton have really worked out as comparable players to Jackson in rush yards in college, then a long list of busts. Allen seems afraid to just step up and that scares the crap out of me. His line was bad, but he doesn't step up when he has time. Bails very early. I just don't want him.  Mayfield/Darnold/Rosen all were selected before I could take them. 

Here are my drafts with the settings I mentioned above as well as a link to the site: https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Draft 1

Round 1  #12: LB Tremain Edmunds: With only Jackson and Allen left to choose from, Bills go best player available at a need position.

Round 1 #22:  DT Maurice Hurst: Bills decide to pass on Allen landing a very disruptive pass rushing interior lineman.   

Round 2 #21: WR Christian Kirk: Thick, quick, great hands. Bills go best WR left on the board

Round 2: #24: CB M.J. Stewart: Bills love his flexibility on defense, great run defender, physical, can play S or CB, some people comp him to Micah Hyde

Round 3: # 1: C/G Billy Price: Torn Pec makes this former first rounder slide. Bills get a steal with a guy that can play C or G.

Round 3: #32: DE Rasheem Green: Bills love Greens pass rushing ability. 10 sack year in 2017, some question run support, with Shaq it gives the Bills a great rotation

Draft 2

Round 1 #12: DE/EDGE Harold Landry: With only Jackson and Allen left to choose from, Bills catch a break and have one of the drafts best pass rushers fall. Some comps have him with Vic Beasley. Imposing pass rusher that will mature to be a 10 sack a year guy.

Round 1 #22:  DT Maurice Hurst: Bills decide to pass on Allen landing a very disruptive pass rushing interior lineman.  

Round 2 #21: WR Christian Kirk: Thick, quick, great hands. Bills go best WR left on the board

Round 2 #24: CB M.J. Stewart: Bills love his flexibility on defense, great run defender, physical, can play S or CB, some people comp him to Micah Hyde

Round 3 #1: QB Kyle Lauletta: Bills pass on the first wave of QB's and eventually land a guy they like

Round 3 #32:  LB Leighton Vander Esch: Bills continue to fortify the defense with a guy that could go as early as round 2. 

I don't think either of these drafts gets the fan base going, we all want the franchise guy. I think the Bills trust AJ enough to avoid getting fleeced in the franchise QB war. If the right guy doesn't fall we could be out of the market.

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 1

I just don't see the rationale.  Browns and Colts will take a qb.  Giants and Broncos might.  I kinda doubt the Gmen go qb.  You make a small trade up to seven and maybe grab the third qb off the board.  Absolutely no reason to get shut out of the qb market and no need to "get fleeced."

I suspect we take the top rated lb on the board at 22.  I doubt Billy Price makes it out of the second.  Vander Esch might go in the first.  I like DJ Chark over Kirk, but I'd be happy with either.

• Like (+1) 1

With Matt Miller's board on difficult, I would take this happily:

12: R1P12
 QB JOSH ALLEN
WYOMING

22: R1P22
EDGE HAROLD LANDRY
BOSTON COLLEGE

53: R2P21
OT KOLTON MILLER
UCLA

56: R2P24
WR DJ MOORE
MARYLAND

65: R3P1
TE MIKE GESICKI
PENN STATE

96: R3P32
WR DANTE PETTIS
WASHINGTON

121: R4P21
LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN
CENTRAL FLORIDA

166: R5P29
RB KALEN BALLAGE
ARIZONA STATE

187: R6P13
LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA
Edited by Chuck Wagon

I used https://first-pick.com/ to draft this is what I got

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 5 (DEN):  Rosen, Josh, QB, UCLA (A)
Round 2 Pick 21:  Jewell, Josey, ILB, Iowa (B)
Round 2 Pick 24:  Griffin, Shaquem, OLB, Central Florida (B+)
Round 3 Pick 1:  Washington, James, WR, Oklahoma State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 32:  Settle, Tim, DT, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 4 Pick 21:  Armstrong Jr, Dorance, DE/OLB, Kansas (B-)
Round 5 Pick 29:  Jackson, JC, CB, Maryland (A-)
Round 6 Pick 13:  Harrison, Desmond, OT, West Georgia (A)

• Like (+1) 1

I know its simulated, kzoo, but I read these and went immediately back to doing my taxes as it was just a tad more fun.

if I die and the only QB we get in two mocks is lauletta please put me face down in the coffin as it will be too hard to roll over due to my size, the coffins size and the fact that I am dead.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I thought Hurst got sent home from the  combine with a serious medical condition?  If so, I don't want him as a #1..........surprised he showed up here, then.....

That could be true, I was basing that more on the pre combine stuff. I didn't read that yet so I didn't factor it. 

17 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

That could be true, I was basing that more on the pre combine stuff. I didn't read that yet so I didn't factor it. 

Kzoo, as long as they get a QB that they are high on then I'm good.  If they love A guy and can get him I have no problem with picking 5 potential starters/heavy contributors at other positions, with current emphasis on LB, WR and OL.

Using the Fanspeak difficult setting...

Damn.

1a. DL VITA VEA
WASHINGTON

1b. LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA

2a. WR JAMES WASHINGTON
OKLAHOMA STATE

2b. EDGE ARDEN KEY
LSU

3a. OT BRIAN O'NEILL
PITTSBURGH

3b. LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN
CENTRAL FLORIDA

4. QB LUKE FALK
WASHINGTON STATE

5. CB TONY BROWN
ALABAMA

6. G BRIAN ALLEN
MICHIGAN STATE

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=oftayz

2 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

I used https://first-pick.com/ to draft this is what I got

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 5 (DEN):  Rosen, Josh, QB, UCLA (A)
Round 2 Pick 21:  Jewell, Josey, ILB, Iowa (B)
Round 2 Pick 24:  Griffin, Shaquem, OLB, Central Florida (B+)
Round 3 Pick 1:  Washington, James, WR, Oklahoma State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 32:  Settle, Tim, DT, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 4 Pick 21:  Armstrong Jr, Dorance, DE/OLB, Kansas (B-)
Round 5 Pick 29:  Jackson, JC, CB, Maryland (A-)
Round 6 Pick 13:  Harrison, Desmond, OT, West Georgia (A)

That was very cool website ... my outcome ... I moved up and spent some of next year's capital to get a great LBer. Then I traded down, twice, to compile back the picks this year and get Lamar Jackson, both the OSU WRs, a good TE to split out wide, got a gift in Orlando Brown being available in the 3rd round. 

Round 1 Pick 7 (T.B.):  Smith, Roquan, ILB/OLB, Georgia (A-)
Round 2 Pick 13 (G.B.):  Jackson, Lamar, QB, Louisville (A)
Round 2 Pick 24:  Chark, DJ, WR, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 29 (JAX):  Hurst, Hayden, TE, South Carolina (A-)
Round 3 Pick 1:  Washington, James, WR, Oklahoma State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 12 (G.B.):  Holmes, Jalyn, DE, Ohio State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 32:  Brown, Orlando, OT, Oklahoma (A)
Round 4 Pick 1 (G.B.):  Brown, Andrew, DT, Virginia (A)
Round 4 Pick 21:  Jones, Jamarco, OT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 29:  Haley, Grant, CB, Penn State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 13:  Ateman, Marcell, WR, Oklahoma State (A+)