[Vague Title]Glad some on here are starting to see...

2 hours ago, jjmac said:

And how do you explain Jim Kelly making it to # 14 and Dan Marino to #27?

?‍♂️

50 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but if not you've got to know that this statement is blatantly false.  I could name you a dozen franchise QB's who ended up being the best in their franchise's history that were drafted after #3 overall.

Well if your not sure then I don’t know what to tell you 

28 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This is sarcasm poking at the irrationality of a a few who are on a ledge if they don’t trade up, certain it will plunge the franchise into dispair. Just imagine how much better shape we’d be in with Blake Bortles 

Nope- AZ is all good. They added a top 5 QB guy. Set for at least 5 years.?

Thank you !! 

• Like (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed...Bills in my opinion will stay put at 12 and will still have at least 2 of the top 5 QBs to choose from, and one of them could easily be the top QB on their board as all 5 are closely graded and will differ in ranking from team to team.  And even 3 of the top 5 might still be on the board. 

Only 2 QB's are going top 5...so once the others are dropping down, Bills could make a cheaper move to 7, 8, 9, or 10 to get ahead of the next threat (Dolphins) to grab a guy they might covet too.  

Personally, I do not believe we will trade up, nor should we, and let the draft come to them.  

My feelings exactly.

Well said.

Bolster this roster, it's not every year you have a shot at 5 top 65 prospects, 6 top 100. A great draft and we are instantly set up for a future of consistentcy. 

Can't throw that all away on a question mark at QB. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, KRT88 said:

I can’t see Arizona staying behind Buffalo if we stay at 12! They need a QB for future too and I could see them moving up to 10. 

If AZ planned on drafting a first round QB they would not have signed 2 FA QBs IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Putin said:

We already know that AJ  McCarron is not an NFL starting QB , because starting/franchise QB’s do not make it past the 3rd overall pick !!

How can you judge a QB with just 15 starts under his belt..yet you can judge QB's that have never played a down in the NFL? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The benefits of having all these picks aren’t just for trying to pull a Saints Ricky Williams deal for a qb...we don’t have to use them all we can move them around and keep adding more picks...cause let’s face it 2018 is basically the year we find out if AJ McCarron is an NFL starting QB or not regardless who we draft to be under center 

Ricky Williams was a RB not a potential franchise QB...

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If AZ planned on drafting a first round QB they would not have signed 2 FA QBs IMO.

Yet the Jets did...

15 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Ricky Williams was a RB not a potential franchise QB...

Yet the Jets did...

Jets didnt sign Bradford, who has the ability to be a starter there a while...instead Jets signed a guy who hasn't played in 2 years, coming off devastating injuries he may never come all the way back from.  And even though I believe the Jets will take a QB, its possible they want someone else still (although I feel its definitely a QB).  

Not to mention, teams do dumb things all the time...just because the Jets may have doesn't mean the Cardinals will follow suit.  Jets also only move up 3 spots, AZ is moving up form the teens which is WAY more expensive.  

So while I understand while you replied that, its not really apples to apples.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

16 hours ago, Batman1876 said:

Bolster the roster and wait on a QB, hasn’t that been the approach for the past 15 years?

This sentiment has been expressed often.  While there is some truth to it, it doesn’t paint the whole picture.

For starters, we have been run poorly in a lot of other ways, and generally not drafted very well.  We have also rarely gone QB in the first round - the one recent time we did was an enormous reach.

We currently sit at 12 - a pretty high position in a deep QB draft.  Is the gap between the top tier prospects and the next tier really worth the large and potentially prosperous farm we will trade for the former?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, maryland-bills-fan said:

Yep.  By the way, do you know that 31 teams FAILED to win the super bowl last year?

Oh, I know.

Did you know the Bills strung together a historically unprecedented 17 year string of playoffless seasons by not focusing on the most important position in professional sports?

True story.

6 minutes ago, Success said:

This sentiment has been expressed often.  While there is some truth to it, it doesn’t paint the whole picture.

For starters, we have been run poorly in a lot of other ways, and generally not drafted very well.  We have also rarely gone QB in the first round - the one recent time we did was an enormous reach.

We currently sit at 12 - a pretty high position in a deep QB draft.  Is the gap between the top tier prospects and the next tier really worth the large and potentially prosperous farm we will trade for the former?

History would say yes the gap is large.  70% of top five picks work out after that the number drops to a fraction of that.

19 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Really the Cardinals signed Sam on always broken Bradford and Mike Glennon!  If that doesn't scream want to draft a QB is at all possible then you'all know something I don't.

What's the over/under on Bradford starts?  5 1/2?  Glennon, come on, if possible they'd move to ten to grab a guy falling. 

4 hours ago, KRT88 said:

Really the Cardinals signed Sam on always broken Bradford and Mike Glennon!  If that doesn't scream want to draft a QB is at all possible then you'all know something I don't.

What's the over/under on Bradford starts?  5 1/2?  Glennon, come on, if possible they'd move to ten to grab a guy falling. 

Teams do not normally carry 3 QB's into the season, if they are drafting a QB they would have had Bradford, the rookie, and the other QB's already on the roster.  Yet they chose to spend on a new veteran after signing Bradford.  

So I disagree...they only needed to sign one, not two.  You act like there weren't any QB's already on the Cardinals.  

Anything is possible on draft night, but I do not expect the Cardinals to trade up for a QB.  Of course, if one falls to them they are high on, absolutely they could very well still draft a QB.  But my comments were originally about trading up to get a QB.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So I disagree...they only needed to sign one, not two.  You act like there weren't any QB's already on the Cardinals.  

There weren't. Palmer retired and Stanton, Barkley and Gabbert are all FAs. 

I agree in theory with your logic... but I thought the same about the Jets signing McCown and Teddy. Both of whom are better than Mike !@#$ing Glennon. I do not expect the Cardinals to trade up anymore.... though I was wrong about the Jets.... but I think they are still in play to take one at 15. 

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There weren't. Palmer retired and Stanton, Barkley and Gabbert are all FAs. 

I agree in theory with your logic... but I thought the same about the Jets signing McCown and Teddy. Both of whom are better than Mike !@#$ing Glennon. I do not expect the Cardinals to trade up anymore.... though I was wrong about the Jets.... but I think they are still in play to take one at 15. 

Totally agree with you Gunner.  I actually thought they still had one on the roster and cut them after signing Glennon.  Didn't realize all 3 were FA's.  

Either way, the key is the Bradford signing.  I think with him signed on, they could still take a QB at 15 (and I kind of think it would be Lamar if he was on the board), but I just dont think they will make a costly trade up and lose other assets they need to try and make a playoff push this year.  

On 3/18/2018 at 6:33 PM, BuffaloRush said:

Doesn’t change the fact that if you don’t have a QB in the NFL you don’t win on a CONSISTENT basis.  We have 17+ years of our own data to back that up.  The NFL has much more.  The Bills need to draft a Qb

I get it, you love Josh Rosen. Everyone here does. The Bills are where they are because they refuse to draft QBs in general.

No team has drafted fewer QBs in the top four rounds than Buffalo over the past 20 years. That has to change. I think it will.

Buffalo is not getting Rosen. Let it go.

On 3/18/2018 at 3:33 PM, BuffaloRush said:

Doesn’t change the fact that if you don’t have a QB in the NFL you don’t win on a CONSISTENT basis.  We have 17+ years of our own data to back that up.  The NFL has much more.  The Bills need to draft a Qb

I agree. A question. Would you give up next years #1 as well to move up to the #1 or #2 slot? 

Edited by Dante