[Vague Title]Glad some on here are starting to see...

6 hours ago, Dante said:

I agree. A question. Would you give up next years #1 as well to move up to the #1 or #2 slot? 

It wouldn't be my plan but if that is what it took then yes I would. We need to find a franchise Quarterback. That much is obvious. There is nothing in the 2019 class a year out at the position that I am even the least bit excited about. So if I have a chance to go get Josh Rosen and the cost is 3 1sts.... then I do it. I do not to wait until 2020. I am done waiting. 

On 3/18/2018 at 4:54 PM, Teddy KGB said:

Trade up or die.        Starting other teams backups in playoff games will get you 3 points 

RIP.  Where do I send the donation in lieu of flowers?

On 3/18/2018 at 7:33 PM, JerseyBills said:

My feelings exactly.

Well said.

Bolster this roster, it's not every year you have a shot at 5 top 65 prospects, 6 top 100. A great draft and we are instantly set up for a future of consistentcy. 

Can't throw that all away on a question mark at QB. 

Over the last several years, we hardly threw any picks away for a QB, and there were still question marks. And we've tried bolstering every other position but QB. Why would this year be any different?

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It wouldn't be my plan but if that is what it took then yes I would. We need to find a franchise Quarterback. That much is obvious. There is nothing in the 2019 class a year out at the position that I am even the least bit excited about. So if I have a chance to go get Josh Rosen and the cost is 3 1sts.... then I do it. I do not to wait until 2020. I am done waiting. 

Can't say I wouldn't give it up either. It does start approaching the tipping point where it becomes ridiculous.  

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:49 PM, SouthNYfan said:

35 years ago isn't today's NFL

Quarterbacking isn't that much different today.  To quote Phil Simms-95% of the quarterback's job is throwing the football.

31 minutes ago, jjmac said:

Quarterbacking isn't that much different today.  To quote Phil Simms-95% of the quarterback's job is throwing the football.

It's drastically different today.

I'm not even going to get into it, but if you think that the passing game today is not that much different that 35 years ago, then you really don't know how the game works.

On 3/18/2018 at 4:54 PM, Putin said:

We already know that AJ  McCarron is not an NFL starting QB , because starting/franchise QB’s do not make it past the 3rd overall pick !!

Yea, that Brady guy is a good example

On 3/18/2018 at 4:54 PM, Teddy KGB said:

Trade up or die.        Starting other teams backups in playoff games will get you 3 points 

Kelly was drafted with what pick?   Your welcome.  Are you a Jets fan?

On 3/18/2018 at 5:04 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed...Bills in my opinion will stay put at 12 and will still have at least 2 of the top 5 QBs to choose from, and one of them could easily be the top QB on their board as all 5 are closely graded and will differ in ranking from team to team.  And even 3 of the top 5 might still be on the board. 

Only 2 QB's are going top 5...so once the others are dropping down, Bills could make a cheaper move to 7, 8, 9, or 10 to get ahead of the next threat (Dolphins) to grab a guy they might covet too.  

Personally, I do not believe we will trade up, nor should we, and let the draft come to them.  

WISDOM.   But seriously, are you really from California?

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

It's drastically different today.

I'm not even going to get into it, but if you think that the passing game today is not that much different that 35 years ago, then you really don't know how the game works.

The systems are different, but dropbacks are still dropbacks, slants are still slants, go routes are still go routes, and getting sacked is still getting sacked. 

1 hour ago, jjmac said:

The systems are different, but dropbacks are still dropbacks, slants are still slants, go routes are still go routes, and getting sacked is still getting sacked. 

And defensive players cannot play like they used to, which has opened up the passing games, and increased QB comp %s overall.

Look at comp%s from 35 years ago to today.

On 3/18/2018 at 3:54 PM, Putin said:

We already know that AJ  McCarron is not an NFL starting QB , because starting/franchise QB’s do not make it past the 3rd overall pick !!

Uh Hem can you say Tom Brady   Round 6 - 199th over all , Roger Staubach round 10 129th over all, Bart Starr round 17 - 199th over all, Joe Thiesmann round 4 - 99th over all .

Then you have the undrafted guys like Kurt Warner, & Tony Romo, Jeff Garcia , Remember Dave Kreig Oh & then there is Warren Moon !! But they all suck too !! 

So we don't know a thing about AJ other than he went to a team that had a starter that the club had put their horses behind & he wasn't going to see the field unless he got hurt which when Dalton did get hurt the small sample size of play suggests that he could be a very good starting QB in the league given a legit chance to start more than 2 games !!  

1 hour ago, T master said:

Uh Hem can you say Tom Brady   Round 6 - 199th over all , Roger Staubach round 10 129th over all, Bart Starr round 17 - 199th over all, Joe Thiesmann round 4 - 99th over all .

Then you have the undrafted guys like Kurt Warner, & Tony Romo, Jeff Garcia , Remember Dave Kreig Oh & then there is Warren Moon !! But they all suck too !! 

So we don't know a thing about AJ other than he went to a team that had a starter that the club had put their horses behind & he wasn't going to see the field unless he got hurt which when Dalton did get hurt the small sample size of play suggests that he could be a very good starting QB in the league given a legit chance to start more than 2 games !!  

Uh - Hem !!! This is a month long thread and obviously you missed few pages , I’ll just leave it at that !