[Vague Title]Glad some on here are starting to see...

The benefits of having all these picks aren’t just for trying to pull a Saints Ricky Williams deal for a qb...we don’t have to use them all we can move them around and keep adding more picks...cause let’s face it 2018 is basically the year we find out if AJ McCarron is an NFL starting QB or not regardless who we draft to be under center 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The benefits of having all these picks aren’t just for trying to pull a Saints Ricky Williams deal for a qb...we don’t have to use them all we can move them around and keep adding more picks...cause let’s face it 2018 is basically the year we find out if AJ McCarron is an NFL starting QB or not regardless who we draft to be under center 

We already know that AJ  McCarron is not an NFL starting QB , because starting/franchise QB’s do not make it past the 3rd overall pick !!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 7

6 minutes ago, Putin said:

We already know that AJ  McCarron is not an NFL starting QB , because starting/franchise QB’s do not make it past the 3rd overall pick !!

And how do you explain Jim Kelly making it to # 14 and Dan Marino to #27?

8 minutes ago, Putin said:

actually, no we don't 

But i chuckled at your sense of humor about perspective Vladimir !!

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Agreed...Bills in my opinion will stay put at 12 and will still have at least 2 of the top 5 QBs to choose from, and one of them could easily be the top QB on their board as all 5 are closely graded and will differ in ranking from team to team.  And even 3 of the top 5 might still be on the board. 

Only 2 QB's are going top 5...so once the others are dropping down, Bills could make a cheaper move to 7, 8, 9, or 10 to get ahead of the next threat (Dolphins) to grab a guy they might covet too.  

Personally, I do not believe we will trade up, nor should we, and let the draft come to them.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Trade up or die.        Starting other teams backups in playoff games will get you 3 points 

pffhhtt. Trading up means nothing. getting the right Guy is the trick

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed...Bills in my opinion will stay put at 12 and will still have at least 2 of the top 5 QBs to choose from, and one of them could easily be the top QB on their board as all 5 are closely graded and will differ in ranking from team to team.  And even 3 of the top 5 might still be on the board. 

Only 2 QB's are going top 5...so once the others are dropping down, Bills could make a cheaper move to 7, 8, 9, or 10 to get ahead of the next threat (Dolphins) to grab a guy they might covet too.  

Personally, I do not believe we will trade up, nor should we, and let the draft come to them.  

WHAT ! Thats Crazy talk.

Fire Beane now

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Putin said:

This narrative has become common around here, and I don’t understand it. The Bills don’t think he’s a franchise QB. They wouldn’t have waited for all the chips to fall before signing him. It appeared that we waited to sign the least costly bridge QB option. It’s possible that the Bills brass felt all of the FA QB’s were close to being equals. This allowed them to wait for the cheapest option to come to them. They wouldn’t have risked McCarron signing elsewhere if they felt he was a franchise QB. I’m not saying that he won’t be the starting QB this season though. The Jets may have put a monkey wrench in their original  plans. 

I'm sure the Jets did put a monkey wrench in their plans, but that doesn't mean that the Jets made the right decision. They payed a pretty stiff price to get that spot.  People assume that QB is the end all, be all in this draft process, but there is a limit to what is an acceptable price to pay. All of the maneuvering  to move higher in the draft is ok so long as you don't mortgage away too much to get there. You still have to field a team.  Having a QB is great but if you cannot protect him or at the very least field a defense that can give that QB plenty of opportunities, you are making a huge mistake. You still need a team around that QB to put you in a position to win.

I want that franchise, pocket passer as much as anyone, but I do not want to destroy the team to get that passer.  Folks need to step back and look at the big picture, but what we are mostly seeing is this stupid mentality that we need a fanchise QB at all costs.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but if not you've got to know that this statement is blatantly false.  I could name you a dozen franchise QB's who ended up being the best in their franchise's history that were drafted after #3 overall.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I want that franchise, pocket passer as much as anyone, but I do not want to destroy the team to get that passer.  Folks need to step back and look at the big picture, but what we are mostly seeing is this stupid mentality that we need a fanchise QB at all costs.

Tl;dr

lets keep doing what we’ve always done

24 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I'm sure the Jets did put a monkey wrench in their plans, but that doesn't mean that the Jets made the right decision. They payed a pretty stiff price to get that spot.  People assume that QB is the end all, be all in this draft process, but there is a limit to what is an acceptable price to pay. All of the maneuvering  to move higher in the draft is ok so long as you don't mortgage away too much to get there. You still have to field a team.  Having a QB is great but if you cannot protect him or at the very least field a defense that can give that QB plenty of opportunities, you are making a huge mistake. You still need a team around that QB to put you in a position to win.

I say stay where we are at 12, hope it lands us a good qb prospect. If not we have 6 high picks to make the team a lot better than last year and looking forward to 100 million in cap space next year. The new regime can't undue the mistakes of several previous FOs in one year. 

1 hour ago, jjmac said:

And how do you explain Jim Kelly making it to # 14 and Dan Marino to #27?

It’s called 1983, night as well been 1493, the scouting was terrible. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I can’t see Arizona staying behind Buffalo if we stay at 12! They need a QB for future too and I could see them moving up to 10. 

21 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but if not you've got to know that this statement is blatantly false.  I could name you a dozen franchise QB's who ended up being the best in their franchise's history that were drafted after #3 overall.

This is sarcasm poking at the irrationality of a a few who are on a ledge if they don’t trade up, certain it will plunge the franchise into dispair. Just imagine how much better shape we’d be in with Blake Bortles 

4 minutes ago, KRT88 said:

It’s called 1983, night as well been 1493, the scouting was terrible. 

I can’t see Arizona staying behind Buffalo if we stay at 12! They need a QB for future too and I could see them moving up to 10. 

Nope- AZ is all good. They added a top 5 QB guy. Set for at least 5 years.?

• Like (+1) 1