Call your shot

In any negotiation you have anchors where you will not go past.  What is your anchor point for #2?

I would give up as much as #12, #22, #65, and next year's first round pick.  That is as far as I would go.  Any deal that includes three first round picks can not include any of this year's second round picks.

My initial offer would be #12,#22, #53, and next year's round two.

If initial offer is rejected I would counter with the three first rounders, leaving my final anchor point as a last ditch attempt to get to #2.

I hate trading up but if they really love one of the top 3 then this is the year to do it.

• Like (+1) 3

I think they should make it clear to the Giants that we will trade 12 and 22 for their 2 and if they don't comply we will send them Billy Buffalo thus condeming them to years of non-playoff hell

Edited by entropyrules
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

In any negotiation you have anchors where you will not go past.  What is your anchor point for #2?

I would give up as much as #12, #22, #65, and next year's first round pick.  That is as far as I would go.  Any deal that includes three first round picks can not include any of this year's second round picks.

My initial offer would be #12,#22, #53, and next year's round two.

If initial offer is rejected I would counter with the three first rounders, leaving my final anchor point as a last ditch attempt to get to #2.

I hate trading up but if they really love one of the top 3 then this is the year to do it.

Do you remember when Mike Ditka sold the entire Saints draft just to get Ricky Williams? That didn't work out so well and that's just one example.How did the Sammy trade work out...you can't keep trading away first round picks as if they are sausage links...teams that do that pay dearly down the road.Where is the Browns saviour Johnny football these days..the CFL?

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

My gut feeling is the Giants have decided who they want and won’t trade out unless the Browns take him at one.

I can see the Bills trading up 4-7, depending on who survives the gauntlet of 1-3.

Barkley ?

I'm not wowed away by Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield. The guy I want is Josh Allen and trading up for him would be risky.

I think #7 is where I'd pick up the phone and start trying to move up. #12 + #53 to the Bucs and see if they want to pick up an extra 2nd, but that's as high as I'd go personally.

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Do you remember when Mike Ditka sold the entire Saints draft just to get Ricky Williams? That didn't work out so well and that's just one example.How did the Sammy trade work out...you can't keep trading away first round picks as if they are sausage links...teams that do that pay dearly down the road.Where is the Browns saviour Johnny football these days..the CFL?

In most instances I would agree with you.  The issue I have is why move to 12 if not to keep moving up.  The move up cost them a quality OT.  There is no difference in quality or bust probability between 12 and 21 for every position except QB.  If they think one of the top 3 guys is franchise caliber then you have to go get one.  In a perfect world, they stay put and Allen falls to them.

Worst case scenario they keep all 6 picks in the first three rounds, half of them become day 1 starters and they see what AJ can do.  I would probably trade #65 for a second in 2019 and a late third this year.  Keep stockpiling every year.  

34 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

If you are going to move up to two, who do you take? There isn’t a clear choice, imo.

Not in your opinion, but I'm sure there is in Beane's. I'm sure he knows what he wants and where he wants to get his QB.  What he doesn't know is what Denver, NYG, and Cleveland will do.

34 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

If you are going to move up to two, who do you take? There isn’t a clear choice, imo.

That is a question better left for Beane who has much more detailed and real info than we do. But if I had to chose someone, I'd say Rosen. I dont really care who Beane likes, I just want him to go get him.

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Ditka traded for a RB.  No one other than Ditka thought that was a good idea.  And every scenario I outlined keeps multiple picks for this year.

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

The obvious move is to move up between 4-7 and then move to 2 or 1.

Ive said it before, when it comes to a franchise QB there is no compensation that is too much. The difficult part is picking the right guy. 

^This. I think Rosen is the guy btw