Which QB is most likely to fall?

On 3/18/2018 at 5:08 PM, Boatdrinks said:

Mayfield. QBs under 6" 1 don't go in top ten or even first round. Only recent example is Manziel. He'll drop, who knows how far. I think Jackson will go earlier than some predictions. 

I'm starting to get the same feeling. 

2 minutes ago, McBean said:

I’d rather get kicked in the nuts.

What would you think if the Bills paid major scoots to move up to the #2 spot. Then selected Allen ( Darnold off board at 1). McDermott and Beane said " we think he's going to lead this franchise to great things" . How would you feel about this? 

On March 18, 2018 at 5:08 PM, Boatdrinks said:

Mayfield. QBs under 6" 1 don't go in top ten or even first round. Only recent example is Manziel. He'll drop, who knows how far. I think Jackson will go earlier than some predictions. 

59 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm starting to get the same feeling. 

Right into the Bills lap!!! Watch out for Arizona trying to move up.

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

What would you think if the Bills paid major scoots to move up to the #2 spot. Then selected Allen ( Darnold off board at 1). McDermott and Beane said " we think he's going to lead this franchise to great things" . How would you feel about this? 

I would question their judgement because nothing about Josh Allen screams first rounder. He’s tall and has a strong arm. That’s it.

On 3/18/2018 at 2:05 PM, Davejr511 said:

As long as the Giants pick someone other then a QB I think both Allen and Mayfield fall. I dont think Denver picks a QB at 5, they need DB help. After them the only other team would be Miami, I cant see them taking a QB with all the cuts they've been making. 

I think that this is wishful thinking.  If I were running a team with a fading 37 y.o. QB who never carried the team (Giants), I would strongly consider a QB at 2.  Likewise, if I were Denver, I would be looking for the long-term replacement for the QB signed in FA (Keenum).

On 3/18/2018 at 2:24 PM, NewDayBills said:

I want Allen more than any QB in the draft, if he doesn't fall, I want Rudolph as my plan b.

Agree on Rudolph, not as much on Allen but he (Allen) has talent for sure.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Honestly I think Mayfield slips out of the top 10. My belief (and I've been wrong before) is that fans like him better than scouts/GMs do.

Yep cuz most fans like to think that shorter guys like Mayfield could be next Brees or Wilson but forget about guys like Cade McNown, Rex Grossman had struggles. As everyone loves the little engine that could but more often in the NFL it's can not.

38 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Rosen and Jackson.  I think similar to Matt Ryan his size and durabliity will be questioned.  

Ryan fell all the way to 3. I'd love to get Rosen but not sure the Giants looking to move down unless Barkley goes 1st overall.

I think if anyone we really want is there at 4 or beyond, we're trying to move up at every spot until we find a partner or our pick is taken. And honestly, if all 4 of the top QB's are gone before we can get one, I think we should move back and pick up extra picks instead of reaching for Jackson or Rudolph at 12.

On 3/18/2018 at 10:57 AM, BuffAlone said:

Mayfield will fall to 12 or beyond.

Wouldn't doubt it. Scouts and drafters are suckers for measurables.  As the draft gets closer they will get more and more nervous about putting their neck on the line with a short QB.