Cover 1:. 5 Reasons Lamar Jackson is the Bills Target

PIZ

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

Michael Vick

@MichaelVick
Lamar Jackson 5x better than what I was at V-Tech....Enough said!! #future

4:05 PM - Sep 17, 2016
51.8K people are talking about this

:lol: The Mike Vick seal of approval. We should definitely take him now. :death:

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

One thing I can't get over is they passed on Deshaun Watson last year. Now Beane wasn't here yet so maybe that means something, but why pass on Watson, trade Taylor, and then draft Jackson. 

It doesn't make much sense. Their actions show they want a pocket passer. 

No way McD was going to draft the young franchise QB last year with the stink of the Ryan brothers still so fresh in the building and still so early in the process of changing the culture. I think it will be different this year. 

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

LOl everything has been smoke so maybe ....

On a serious note though I think the drafting of Peterman last year was a sign they prefer a pocket guy.  Who knows?  We'll see in a matter of 6 weeks.

Then they've been smoking up the screen ever since they set foot on OBD. But you're right. Maybe.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I am hoping we can get him at 22.  After the big 4 are off the board- that leaves 18 selections before 22.  There are many damn good football players outside the QB position- I think there is a shot Jackson slides that far.  And didn't Vick go top 5?  Jackson is better then VIck in his prime.  I would be happy if we Jackson is a Bill

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

Michael Vick

@MichaelVick
Lamar Jackson 5x better than what I was at V-Tech....Enough said!! #future

4:05 PM - Sep 17, 2016
51.8K people are talking about this

Vick in his prime and Vick at aren't the same thing.

I'll ask again:

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

To me, if Mayfield is still available after Denver’s pick, they should start trying to trade up.

I just don't see Mayfield as being a Beane/McDermott type of player. He does have the drive and passion for the game of football, but he's also a drama magnet on and off the field because he doesn't seem to have a handle on his emotions. His "get in your face" style will end up getting him extra hard hits in the NFL and his team mates will grow tired of it quickly.

Edited by 1billsfan

He can't be much worse than the 2019 class, in fact he would probably be 2nd behind Lock. Lamar would be my last option at QB in the 1st, but if everyone was gone, I'd absolutely take him at 22, without a doubt. Maybe with a bit of spit and polish we can shine him up and he can be groomed into a franchise QB. We got to pull the trigger on somebody, there is no other option!

2 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

I just don't see Mayfield as being a Beane/McDermott type of player. He does have the drive and passion for the game of football, but he's also a drama magnet on and off the field because he doesn't seem to have a handle on his emotions. His in your "get in your face" style will end up getting him extra hard hits in the NFL and his team mates will grow tired of it quickly.

I’m slowly beginning to worry that McBeane’s requirement to be “their type of guy” might lead to the eventually demise of their reign. 

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sincere apology for the confusion bud....you know your stuff so let me attempt to rephrase.......my opinion (usually flawed) is that the offensive scheme is a collaborative effort between Mc Beane, McD and McDaboll......assuming TT and Jackson are of similar styles and that Jackson is an upscale TT, does the trio like the "style" first and foremost (ie. mobility attribute)?...was TT excluded from the plan because his SUBSTANCE fell short ala a consistently threatening passing game when called upon?....does Jackson's perceived upscale nature fill that void to where style is fine but his substance fits their bill versus keeping TT?.....I'm probably as clear as mud regarding my question so I'm here to claify...

Truthfully, TT and Jackson have only 2 football traits in common; their position and their ability to run. Not trying to start any type of discussion around race, but if either TT or Jackson were white, I don't think we'd be comparing them against each other nearly as much. 

Jackson isn't  an upscale TT to me. The similarities end at "wow this QB can really run well." He has much more natural ability as a QB. Stronger arm, better processing, etc. He did run at Louisville quite a bit, but that may have come down to the other 10 guys on the field with him more than anything else. When he did hang tight in the pocket, he showed he can make all the big time throws. 

He struggled a bit with accuracy at Louisville, which is always a concern, but none of these QBs are perfect. To me, his surrounding cast at Louisville was putrid--no one has been drafted off that offense since he became the starter--and he made the most of it. I think with time and proper coaching, he could be just as good as the others. 

Edited by JM57
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

My personal stock for this kid has rose a ton over the last week doing my own little research. This article is pretty much spot on to the conclusion I had during that research. 

He jumped to #3 for me a couple days ago and I would be happy to see him in a Bills Uni all day.

1. Rosen

2. Mayfield

3. Jackson

or BUST.......

He's been they guy I wanted all along if Bills did not trade up into the top 5.  If we go that high, I want Baker still.  

But honestly, I would love to keep all our picks and land either Baker or Lamar at 12.  Getting one of the top prospects and not losing our other first or any of our 5 picks in the top 65 would be awesome.  Then you got AJ who is still quite intriguing to compete with the rookie.  And assuming AJ begins the season as the starter, if he plays well then we got a trade chip in AJ next year.  If he plays great, we got the rookie as a trade chip.  

The best part about the situation right now is that its quite possible that neither the Giants or Broncos take a QB.  Giants seem like they are going to get Eli help and try and make another final push with him.  And Broncos already had 2 QB's to be a "bridge" on their roster, so they did not need to sign Keenum to a bigger contract that is a multiyear deal if they intended on taking a QB at #5.  Elway won the SB with terrible QB play from Manning/Brock just a few years ago, so easy to see how he can be comfortable right now with Keenum to try and get back in the contender conversation and will instead look to add more talent to the D to help retool.  So the fact they signed Keenum suggests to me the Broncos are not going QB.  

So the only sure fire QB picks ahead of us are Cleveland and Jets IMO.  I do think the Dolphins could still take a QB, although my friends who are Dolphin fans says the Tannehill restructure actually ties the team down to him for next 2 years and all the talk has been about the gaping hole at DT and they are targeting Vita. Just what they said, didn't do any of my own research on this, just what they said about the restructuring of Tanny.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

He can't be much worse than the 2019 class, in fact he would probably be 2nd behind Lock. Lamar would be my last option at QB in the 1st, but if everyone was gone, I'd absolutely take him at 22, without a doubt. Maybe with a bit of spit and polish we can shine him up and he can be groomed into a franchise QB. We got to pull the trigger on somebody, there is no other option!

I'd rather have Jackson than Rudolph if they feel they have to take someone and everyone else is gone. I wouldn't make that pick until the 2nd Round though if they were both there. 

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Dear God, not again

i hear ya, it's parcells rules or nothing as far as i'm concerned with td/int being the most important. if nothing else, we should have learned that defenses have adapted to the mobile qb threat. jackson is lather, rinse, repeat.

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'd rather have Jackson than Rudolph if they feel they have to take someone and everyone else is gone. I wouldn't make that pick until the 2nd Round though if they were both there. 

See, I'm in the overdraft category, target which one you like, if he is a 2nd round prospect, take him at 22. We got to walk away with our guy.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

The Bills just traded away a more accurate, safer with the ball running QB. why on earth would they even be looking at another who needs a few years of development time. 

Bills fans are already nostalgic for QB's who can't hit out routes to the sidelines and make there receivers work harder than they have to on simple throws negating the ability to get YAC.

No more run first quarterbacks, even if he is in Vicks talent level, sure he was fun to watch and a freak, but how often was he banged up and didn't he even break his leg. We need a guy who stays in the pocket the majority of the time, stat healthy  and be around for 10+ years

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

The Bills just traded away a more accurate, safer with the ball running QB. why on earth would they even be looking at another who needs a few years of development time. 

Research and reading will illustrate why I don't agree with anything in your post. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i hear ya, it's parcells rules or nothing as far as i'm concerned with td/int being the most important. if nothing else, we should have learned that defenses have adapted to the mobile qb threat. jackson is lather, rinse, repeat.

TD:INT

Mayfield 131:30 - .23

Rudolph 92:26 - .28

Darnold 57:22 - .39

Jackson 69:27 - .39

Rosen 59:26 -.44

Allen 44:21 - .48

Mayfield is you guy then?

Edited by Real McCoy

1 minute ago, BILLriant said:

No more run first quarterbacks, even if he is in Vicks talent level, sure he was fun to watch and a freak, but how often was he banged up and didn't he even break his leg. We need a guy who stays in the pocket the majority of the time, stat healthy  and be around for 10+ years

But . . . he's NOT a run-first QB. There is a ton of articles that say the opposite.  

• Like (+1) 2