Cover 1:. 5 Reasons Lamar Jackson is the Bills Target

PIZ

Just now, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Some guy named OJ Simpson won it in 1968 and I believe he played for the Bills at one point. 

So OJ and Flutie = both were decent players. Are we allowed to say that about OJ here? It reminds me of the time I brought up Hitler when on a trip in Germany.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I am hoping we can get him at 22.  After the big 4 are off the board- that leaves 18 selections before 22.  There are many damn good football players outside the QB position- I think there is a shot Jackson slides that far.  And didn't Vick go top 5?  Jackson is better then VIck in his prime.  I would be happy if we Jackson is a Bill

We're you dropped on your head as a child?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

TT might have been the mold they wanted all along and why they let him play last year? IDK, TT left way to many plays on the field slip by and the McD system did not agree with it any longer. I'm excited to see which direction we go on 4/26 and will buy into what they do. 

...just curious bud.....would you prefer a mobile Jackson type over a perhaps quasi prototypical pocket passer type, despite many of the upper echelon being of a spread/Air Raid variety?....for me without the luxury of seeing collegiate ball, I have no idea which faction better suits the pro game and MORE importantly, what the McBeane, McD & McDaboll trio is shopping for...comments?...........

One thing I can't get over is they passed on Deshaun Watson last year. Now Beane wasn't here yet so maybe that means something, but why pass on Watson, trade Taylor, and then draft Jackson. 

It doesn't make much sense. Their actions show they want a pocket passer. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

The reason I would be against Lamar Jackson is this.....I’d rather draft a pocket passer so that if anything bad ever did happen to AJ it would be next man up.I think good teams pick a scheme and identity and draft players for that system..That seems to translate to long term success...GO BILLS

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just curious bud.....would you prefer a mobile Jackson type over a perhaps quasi prototypical pocket passer type, despite many of the upper echelon being of a spread/Air Raid variety?....for me without the luxury of seeing collegiate ball, I have no idea which faction better suits the pro game and MORE importantly, what the McBeane, McD & McDaboll trio is shopping for...comments?...........

I love the Air-Raid Baker ran at Oklahoma. He can run a RPO, can make reads and execute quick pass options. We might need some better pass blocking from the TE and FB positions though to help him if we went this route.

Rosen is still hands down my #1 guy as he can run a pro style, spread or just about any offense scheme all day. This guy is legit from the pocket and can make all the throws, cannon of a arm. His injury history is my biggest concern though. 

How about yourself? 

I really liked this Rosen article from Fox that came from FANSIDED. Was a really well done piece..

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ucla-football-is-josh-rosen-a-sure-fire-franchise-quarterback-053017

Edited by Real McCoy

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

I think the Dolphins may want Mayfield.

Definitely heard Arizona may like him. I know (newly retired) Bruce Arians supposedly loves him.

I think the trade with Cincy happened for multiple reasons. But... Could part of the reason be that Beane wanted to trade up in front of Arizona? (Although I think that is likely even if Jackson isn't the target, simply because Arizona is definitely in the QB market). 

To me, if Mayfield is still available after Denver’s pick, they should start trying to trade up.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

We're you dropped on your head as a child?

Michael Vick

@MichaelVick
Lamar Jackson 5x better than what I was at V-Tech....Enough said!! #future

4:05 PM - Sep 17, 2016
51.8K people are talking about this

11 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I love the Air-Raid Baker ran at Oklahoma. He can run a RPO, can make reads and execute quick pass options. We might need some better pass blocking from the TE and FB positions though to help him if we went this route.

Rosen is still hands down my #1 guy as he can run a pro style, spread or just about any offense scheme all day. This guy is legit from the pocket and can make all the throws, cannon of a arm. His injury history is my biggest concern though. 

How about yourself? 

I really liked this Rosen article from Fox that came from FANSIDED. Was a really well done piece..

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ucla-football-is-josh-rosen-a-sure-fire-franchise-quarterback-053017

..thanks immensely for the assessment..:thumbsup:...wish I could get to see collegiate ball, but my work schedule does not permit.....so I can only go by what I read which is about as clear as mud....opinions galore and respect all...

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

What did I just read?!? Man.. man crush o plenty there. Day 1 starter? Wouldnt be suprised  if the Bills take him top 5?! Smoke screen bc no one has mentioned him to the bills? So by that lodgic mayfield is right there with him...Uhhhh

Not to mention that the author also speculated that Polian would jeopardize his entire career by putting out a falsehood just to help the Bills land the kid in the draft. Preposterous. 

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I thought Beans and Coach McDermott wanted a pocket passer.

LOl everything has been smoke so maybe ....

On a serious note though I think the drafting of Peterman last year was a sign they prefer a pocket guy.  Who knows?  We'll see in a matter of 6 weeks.

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

Michael Vick

@MichaelVick
Lamar Jackson 5x better than what I was at V-Tech....Enough said!! #future

4:05 PM - Sep 17, 2016
51.8K people are talking about this

I couldn’t care less about anything that comes out of that mans mouth. He’s a guy you should definitely trust. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Like (+1) 1