I’m all for Mason Rudolph with the 12th pick...

10 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I will not. I stand by my talent evaluation. If you don’t believe that he’s worthy of the 12th pick (of the 3rd round) then I suggest you do more research before commenting 

I’m just bustin’ balls, man...most of what I post isn’t to be taken too seriously

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m just bustin’ balls, man...most of what I post isn’t to be taken too seriously

Me too. I made this thread because I’ve seen way too many people posting that they would take Rudolph at 12, IN THE FIRST ROUND. I even saw one poster say that they weren’t sure if he’d still be there at 12. This made me believe that as a society, we are screwed. The level of intelligence has severely dipped and I believe the end of civilization is coming sooner than we think

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

Funny thing is, if Rudolph came out in 2019, only Drew Lock would go ahead of him. There is literally no talent next year, the 5th and 6th best prospects in 2018 would go 2 and 3 in 2019. There is nobody next year unless we pick #1 overall and take Lock.

I could see Shea Patterson lighting it up at Michigan and Jarrett Stidham moving up boards as he is projectable. But yes, next year's class is not looking good right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I could see Shea Patterson lighting it up at Michigan and Jarrett Stidham moving up boards as he is projectable. But yes, next year's class is not looking good right now. 

There is no QB next year, we have to do something right now. Drew Lock is a helluva player, but outside of him, there is nada. If you have to overdraft Rudolph, fine. We have no choice.

10 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

There is no QB next year, we have to do something right now. Drew Lock is a helluva player, but outside of him, there is nada. If you have to overdraft Rudolph, fine. We have no choice.

No way man. You do not overdraft a guy like Rudolph. That's what teh Jets did with Hackenberg, and where did that get them? That's a cardinal sin. Don't overdraft mediocre players. You roll with what you have. You stay true to your board no matter what is coming next year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

No way man. You do not overdraft a guy like Rudolph. That's what teh Jets did with Hackenberg, and where did that get them? That's a cardinal sin. Don't overdraft mediocre players. You roll with what you have. You stay true to your board no matter what is coming next year. 

If we don't draft a solid prospect, even an Andy Dalton type prospect like Rudolph, we are going to be in QB purgatory for 2 years minimum. McDermott and Beane's jobs are on the line.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

If we don't draft a solid prospect, even an Andy Dalton type prospect like Rudolph, we are going to be in QB purgatory for 2 years minimum. McDermott and Beane's jobs are on the line.

The prospect better be better than McCarron or Peterman, otherwise what is the point? 

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

You don’t draft a guy just for the sake of it. What happens next year? You don’t take a WB because you have to commit yourself to the development of the guy you overdrafted 

24 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

You don’t draft a guy just for the sake of it. What happens next year? You don’t take a WB because you have to commit yourself to the development of the guy you overdrafted 

24 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The prospect better be better than McCarron or Peterman, otherwise what is the point? 

Well, do you think McD will be here in 2 years if we don't draft a QB? He has to hitch his wagon to somebody, what are his other options?

Rudolph is a 2nd round talent, without hesitation. He may never be elite, but he is a good prospect and he can develop into an above average starter. Would it be high to take him at 22? Yes. But who is to say he makes it 53? What do you do if he is gone and McCarron and Peterman are our only QBs and there are no decent options going into 2019? McDermott and Beane could be out of a job.