Dan Jeremiah - Bills covet Allen

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

The mindset of blowing another first rounder and trying to “fix” a qb with serious accuracy issues is absurd. 

Have we not experimented enough on the talented non-accurate qbs enough? 

Im over high ceiling prospects. Give me accuracy or give me death!!!!

I've got a news flash for ya! It's that none of the QB's in this year's draft class are a perfect day one starter. All of them have warts and issues. Allen has the highest ceiling if developed properly. Think Big Ben, Arron Rodgers, and a Matthew Stafford who can run. 

It just so happens that Allen went 9 of 13 for 158 yards, 2 TD's in the senior bowl. Which shows the NFL scouts that he has already improved on his passing completion percentage with a better supporting cast then he had in college. 

Cherry picking? It's not only Matthew Stafford, Jay Cutler, Russell Wilson, Tyrod Taylor. Recent QBs who improved their completion percentage from college to the pros.

Check out one of the greatest all-time QBs ever in Joe Montana who in his freshman season had a comp% of 42.4% to his final year of 54.2 which is worse than Allen's. One other guy I might mention is Brett Favre who's freshman season started with a 40.7 completion percentage and he finished with 54.5 and averaging 52.4. 

So, don't tell me that a kid who only played two seasons of college ball can't improve his accuracy when he already showed that he did in the senior bowl ...with receivers who can actually catch the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nihilarian said:

I've got a news flash for ya! It's that none of the QB's in this year's draft class are a perfect day one starter. All of them have warts and issues. Allen has the highest ceiling if developed properly. Think Big Ben, Arron Rodgers, and a Matthew Stafford who can run. 

It just so happens that Allen went 9 of 13 for 158 yards, 2 TD's in the senior bowl. Which shows the NFL scouts that he has already improved on his passing completion percentage with a better supporting cast then he had in college. 

Cherry picking? It's not only Matthew Stafford, Jay Cutler, Russell Wilson, Tyrod Taylor. Recent QBs who improved their completion percentage from college to the pros.

Check out one of the greatest all-time QBs ever in Joe Montana who in his freshman season had a comp% of 42.4% to his final year of 54.2 which is worse than Allen's. One other guy I might mention is Brett Favre who's freshman season started with a 40.7 completion percentage and he finished with 54.5 and averaging 52.4. 

So, don't tell me that a kid who only played two seasons of college ball can't improve his accuracy when he already showed that he did in the senior bowl ...with receivers who can actually catch the ball. 

...tldr

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Allbright already stated that the Bills are purposely shoving this info out there to multiple sources. DJ is likely one of them. 

OBD has been vacuum sealed on info since Beane’s team got there. Everything they’ve done was sans leak. Except for what they wanted out there - that they wouldn’t cut TT so if you want him, better trade for him. Now all of a sudden they are leaking real info about the most important decision in their world? Think about that, please.

BUT.......what does it MEAN???

31 minutes ago, alluro said:

FWIW, I hope Buffalo gets Lamar Jackson. He has more upside than anyone in this class and a fairly safe floor. At worst, you're getting a better passing version of Tyrod with way more ability to run. 

That's not making a good case for him....

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

To be fair, Allbright also pointed out that it's the same source as the guy that leaked out Buffalo's interest in Peterman and Buffalo has been leaking interest in literally every QB lol

Peterman was drafted in the 5th rd.....they must have really loved him.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

yes, that would be very safe.

Well, look at it this way if Allen, Rosen, and Darnold are all taken with the first three picks and the Bills don't like Mayfield. At the 12 pick to 22 they have some really great choices to consider that they didn't have at 21. 

OT Mike McGlinchey

DT Veta Vea

DE Marcus Davenport

WR Calvin Ridley

WR Cortland Sutton

LB Leighton VanderEsch

CB Denzel Ward

OT Orlando Brown

RB Derrius Guice 

OT Connor Williams

C James Daniels

Are just some of the list between 12 and 22 with one solid starter and perhaps Mason Rudolph at 22 to develop along with Peterman. 

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

I don't think we have enough or the a highest 1 to make it worth while for the Giants...

It will probably take 3 #1s and a 2nd (12,22, 53 and  next year’s 1st) to move up 10 spots this year. I definitely think the NYG will be in. Not sure if Bills will ultimately do it but we won’t know until draft day, because whatever is on the table now they won’t pull the trigger until they are on the clock and their guy is there at 2.

jets moving up 3 spots in March to 3 makes no sense. They don’t even know if their guy will be there and they gave up a ton. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It will probably take 3 #1s and a 2nd (12,22, 53 and  next year’s 1st) to move up 10 spots this year. I definitely think the NYG will be in. Not sure if Bills will ultimately do it but we won’t know until draft day, because whatever is on the table now they won’t pull the trigger until they are on the clock and their guy is there at 2.

jets moving up 3 spots in March to 3 makes no sense. They don’t even know if their guy will be there and they gave up a ton. 

I hope it's that cheap...

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It makes a LOT of sense if they really like 3 QBs.  

15 minutes ago, Looper said:

Funny thing is that if Allen was around 60% in college, this board would be slobbering all over him. 

The sad fact is that some Bills fans are simply far too lazy to look into the reasons as to why Allen's completion percentage didn't improve in his last season at Wyoming. Due to the fact that the entire class of 2016 that touched the football had moved on and he was dealing with all rookies who were constantly dropping passes.  He was literally running for his life most games and yet the team still went 8-5 and won their bowl game. Or that his YPA was a mere 6.7 in college and at the Senior bowl that improved to 12.2. 

Most fans would rather sit back and regurgitate what others are saying that accuracy can't be fixed ...which I've already shown is ridiculous to say.  

There is a real reason as to why a lot of NFL scouts and draft analysts have Josh Allen as the #1 pick overall going to the Browns. Come to think of it I don't know why I even bother attempting to enlighten my fellow fans should they want to end it all should the Bills actually draft this kid. Simply because he will be gone after the first three picks...unless they trade up to two to draft him.:P 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Jeremiah nailed the Spiller pick which surprised most observers, so he's been right before. He has also trotted this Allen to the Bills interest several times. There were as many and similar questions regarding Cam's accuracy as a passer before his draft (despite his better completion percentage) and Allen probably did better than Cam in the combine passing drills. Allen is not, as some maintain, a third round prospect. EJ was a third round prospect (again despite his better completion percentage). Allen is much better and is completely legit as a first rounder. All things considered he would not be my choice, especially if we have to trade up again, (I'd take Lamar ahead of him) but if he winds up being the guy I will have no problem getting behind him 100%. 

You had me until Lamar lol

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

The sad fact is that some Bills fans are simply far too lazy to look into the reasons as to why Allen's completion percentage didn't improve in his last season at Wyoming. Due to the fact that the entire class of 2016 that touched the football had moved on and he was dealing with all rookies who were constantly dropping passes.  He was literally running for his life most games and yet the team still went 8-5 and won their bowl game. Or that his YPA was a mere 6.7 in college and at the Senior bowl that improved to 12.2. 

Most fans would rather sit back and regurgitate what others are saying that accuracy can't be fixed ...which I've already shown is ridiculous to say.  

There is a real reason as to why a lot of NFL scouts and draft analysts have Josh Allen as the #1 pick overall going to the Browns. Come to think of it I don't know why I even bother attempting to enlighten my fellow fans should they want to end it all should the Bills actually draft this kid. Simply because he will be gone after the first three picks...unless they trade up to two to draft him.:P 

I admit to watching zero Wyoming football outside of a passing glance. I have seen a few of the others though. I do think all the negativity surrounding Allen is interesting considering so many actual NFL people see him as a very high pick. 

The only reason that I don’t think he’s the Bills plan A guy is that he is not ready to play yet and is more of a project like Mahomes. The Bills traded away their starting QB and then were very passive about acquiring a QB in FA. This tells me they are targeting a QB is more of a day 1 starter. That’s not allen. Coupled with that are the reports that they are feeding nfl reporters info that they want allen ... means they don’t but they want everyone to think they do so they can manipulate draft position. 

Edited by YoloinOhio