Dan Jeremiah - Bills covet Allen

2 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I think the Bills have interest in moving up to 2, but they won't make a deal until they see what Cleveland does.  One, the Giants may want to stay and take their guy.  Two, Buffalo wants to be sure their guy is there.  I would imagine Beane and Gettleman have a deal in place, if the Bills guy is there and the Giants are willing to move down.  Doubtful Gettleman would make a trade with anyone else, without first giving Beane a chance to counteroffer.

Relationships count. But Money talks! Or in this case, draft picks

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

The reality is that some team will look at the 6’5” 230LB frame, laser rocket arm, good head on his shoulders and think that Allen can be a future NFL star while completely ignoring his OBVIOUS accuracy issues. That team will think they can fix his issues.

It happens all the time. And it almost never works.

We should all hope the Jets draft this man.

It’s a trap as old as time and it scares the heck out of me. We don’t have two more years to waste on another project. 

You learn if someone has accuracy on the sandlot. You have it or you don’t. Don’t know how front offices still don’t grasp that you can’t teach that. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

Im sure there is a die hard bills fan out there who works for the NSA.  Or has a Russian connection, who could work to hack the other teams draft boards and help us aquire the next all pro QB, which is Rosen.  Knowing who wants whom would really help us maneuver. 

Jeremiah nailed the Spiller pick which surprised most observers, so he's been right before. He has also trotted this Allen to the Bills interest several times. There were as many and similar questions regarding Cam's accuracy as a passer before his draft (despite his better completion percentage) and Allen probably did better than Cam in the combine passing drills. Allen is not, as some maintain, a third round prospect. EJ was a third round prospect (again despite his better completion percentage). Allen is much better and is completely legit as a first rounder. All things considered he would not be my choice, especially if we have to trade up again, (I'd take Lamar ahead of him) but if he winds up being the guy I will have no problem getting behind him 100%. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bobby Hooks said:

It’s a trap as old as time and it scares the heck out of me. We don’t have two more years to waste on another project. 

You learn if someone has accuracy on the sandlot. You have it or you don’t. Don’t know how front offices still don’t grasp that you can’t teach that. 

Exactly. We saw it with Rodriguez. We knew that kid had “it” even when he was the age of 10. Everything came easy to him. We said.

What happened? Boom, drafted by the Dodgers and immediately grew a mean stache.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

To me this is all smokescreen stuff. The rumors about us loving Darnold and Rosen that came way before the combine are the rumors I feel are closest to the truth. 

...yup....for all we know, maybe it's Woody Allen......

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Talk about Baloney! Go read stats from all college QB's and they generally can improve with each passing year of playing. It's because they are growing, developing, maturing into men from boys. Allen has only played two years in college so there is room to improve his accuracy percentage just like Matthew Stafford did in his third year in college. 

This mindset that college kids can't develop into better players is absurd.

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

Talk about Baloney! Go read stats from all college QB's and they generally can improve with each passing year of playing. It's because they are growing, developing, maturing into men from boys. Allen has only played two years in college so there is room to improve his accuracy percentage just like Matthew Stafford did in his third year in college. 

Yep, check out Russell Wilson's college stats. 

33 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

NFL careers are on the line with whatever they do. The safer choice might be to stay at 12 and see what AJ McCarron can do this year.

GMs who play it safe get fired just like those who take calculated risks. 

GMs who don't provide their team with options get fired as well. To enter the season with McCarron and Peterman isn't much better than going with EJM, Thad Lewis, and Jeff Tuel. 

The guy who pulled that stunt got fired. 

22 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

The mindset of blowing another first rounder and trying to “fix” a qb with serious accuracy issues is absurd. 

Have we not experimented enough on the talented non-accurate qbs enough? 

Im over high ceiling prospects. Give me accuracy or give me death!!!!

31 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Matthew Stafford must have been more accurate on the sandlot than in college.