Beane is lip service king...

Hebert19

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...HOME RUN assessment right there bud....yet the Chicken Littles are whining about how the Jesters effed us and how McBeane should be fired...BTW, I did like the Whaley continually shopped 24/7 looking for ways to improve the roster....problem is we'll never know how much input he actually had or was doing what he was "told to do"....haters will always hate....pretty evident IMO that McBeane is at the helm with significant input from McD and McDaboll....this team effort could prove huge dividends...until the next "SHOULD MCBEANE BE FIRED" thread pops up...ignorance is bliss, right??..........

Of course McBeane takes input from McD.  McD is part of McBeane.

Edited by Manther

3 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

If Beane could package our 6th round pick, our 5th round pick and our 4th round pick for an early 3rd, we would have two 1sts, two 2nds and three 3rds.

If he then traded the 22nd pick for a 1st next year and a 3rd this year, it would give us 1 less in the 1st round and another 3rd this year.

That's 7 picks in the 1st three rounds and a high chance of having all of them contributing and starting THIS year...

That would build a solid team and we would still have two 1st round picks next year.

Just a thought... Im hungry though. I havent had breakfast yet so maybe my mind is just not there yet...

You always need late round guys for depth and special teams who might break through to starting someday. 

3 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

If Tyler Boyd drops that ball, I wonder if people would be drinking the kool aid so hard.

if he does, i think you have a lot more people screaming about "winning meaningless games". and the people screaming for them to move up "at any cost" would probably be screaming a bit louder. and on occasion, i would be drinking a bit harder and joining both of those crowds. :beer:

Edited by swnybillsfan

20 minutes ago, swnybillsfan said:

if he does, i think you have a lot more people screaming about "winning meaningless games". and the people screaming for them to move up "at any cost" would probably be screaming a bit louder. and on occasion, i would be drinking a bit harder and joining both of those crowds. :beer:

We broke the drought, but lets not pretend this team the past year was all that much different than the 3 years before it (we were maybe even less talented last year than the 3 previous years).  Only difference is math broke our way.  If Boyd drops a ball we don't even play in literally nothing changes with our regular season and you'd see a lot less people who are willing to just blindly accept everything done by the new regime.  Until we have an option under center who gives us a chance to walk into Foxboro and win in January (or even October), it's all just masturbation.

12 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

We broke the drought, but lets not pretend this team the past year was all that much different than the 3 years before it (we were maybe even less talented last year than the 3 previous years).  Only difference is math broke our way.  If Boyd drops a ball we don't even play in literally nothing changes with our regular season and you'd see a lot less people who are willing to just blindly accept everything done by the new regime.  Until we have an option under center who gives us a chance to walk into Foxboro and win in January (or even October), it's all just masturbation.

It's all just masturbation

Which is also fun, but better with your partner lol.

On a serious note, better a lip service king than a fumbling, tongue tied, buffoon sounding, intimidated GM. Imo

23 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

i think we have had better teams in the past that never got the luck needed to squeak into the playoffs. and you are right, we need a qb that can get us to the playoffs year after year. hopefully we get the right guy.