Bills hosting Bengles FA C Bodine

Just now, ALF said:

Maybe they have Groy penciled in as a future replacement for Richie at RG. He was a good replacement for Wood for what little I know.

Incognito is the LG and they could have easily tried him at G to compete with Ducasse/Miller last season. 

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think he is a pretty average player, which is what Eric Wood pretty much was as well. He could compete with Groy. Bodine I believe is a center only, whereas Groy could play guard. 

...which may be a good thing as in preserving Groy's versatility......question: if he signs, do you still potentially target a center late in the draft?...he is coming off pretty reasonable money...think we were paying Wood $8 mil........

Russell Bodine signed a 4 year, $2,676,456 contract (2014)with the Cincinnati Bengals, including a $456,456 signing bonus, $456,456 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $669,114.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Cheap starter for sure. He is ranked as 26th best Center in football. Not the best but just have to be a top 32 Center to be thought of as a starting Center.

What I like most about this is he is a good ole country boy... Gotta love the blue collar players we are bringing in for our trenches. Him, Murphy, and Compton all have those same qualities

43 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Agreed. That center quarterback connection and communication is pretty important. It's something. 

Except McC being a back up he likely practiced behind second string...

Depth doesn't have to be great.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Like Poyer for instance. 

Hard to compare between positions, especially center. Usually if you are a below average center, you will always be a below average center. How many OL change teams and all of a sudden become much better?

2 things, national media yet again doesn't know the Bills roster .  Groy was at worst average when he started for wood two years ago

2. Coming out of school Bodine was listed at someone who could play guard or center.  This could simply be a depth signing .   

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Bingo.  And Whaley was actually pretty good at it in his day as well

agreed. Whaley was good and dumpster diving.  He would have never went to battle with that running back group last year .   

18 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Youre thinking of Boling.

I do think Bodine would be a good option at center; have to remember that DisGROYer is a UFA after the upcoming season 

Bodine surely isn't my 1st choice but better than nothing to have come in for a look.

Vlad and Dawkins are the only ones of the top 6 OL signed for next year.

OL needs work.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bodine surely isn't my 1st choice but better than nothing to have come in for a look.

Vlad and Dawkins are the only ones of the top 6 OL signed for next year.

OL needs work.

Richie and Groy both are I believe