just take jackson and keep picks

2 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

I like Lamar he is gone in the top 15. He has every tool. He is the next Mike Vick. 

One of the draft previews called him Mike Vick with a better head on his shoulders. I'd take that in a heartbeat. 

If they can't get the guy they want (I don't believe for a minute it is Jackson), just pass on a QB in the 1st round. Not interested in Losmaning the draft (picking a 2nd or 3rd option).

That said, I'd do everything in my power to get the guy I want.

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

On one hand, his accuracy has improved every year since he started. 

On the other hand, can we please just get a damn pocket passer? 

This is the complaint that I get most frustrated with. He mostly passes the ball from the pocket. He is not in the vein of Tyrod Taylor who prefers to scramble outside of the pocket and throw on the run. He either passes from the pocket or sprints forward like a RB on designs.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, wppete said:

If Josh Allen falls to 12 take him if not take Lamar Jackson. At 22 take a LB keep all our other picks and build. I’m ok with AJ McCarron starting at QB first game of the season. 

If by some wizardry Roquan falls past the Raiders, it will be a very hard decision to pass on him at 12.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Fetou said:

If by some wizardry Roquan falls past the Raiders, it will be a very hard decision to pass on him at 12.

I was thinking the same and Termain Edmunds of VT. I would love either of them as our MLB.

2 minutes ago, Fetou said:

I agree. He is the next Ray Lewis. 

As for your earlier comment, I think I just have "Vince Young Syndrome." I get scared of QBs with great running talent because they often falter as they get older.

1 minute ago, Fetou said:

As great of a LB Roquan seems to be, you just can not pass on a potential franchise QB. A franchise's "game changing" moment rarely ever happens with a LB. You've got to suck it up, do the right thing and take that swing.

2 hours ago, bufrock j said:

new OC runs the system he ran in college, could end up being best of bunch and keeping all those picks could fill out a roster with alot of holes.  maybe even trade back one pick and shoot for extra RD1 next year

...couple of quick questions...what if THAT system is NOT what McD wants to employ?.....who wins that argument?......not being able to watch college ball, I am ASSUMING (probably wrong) from what I've read that Jackson is generically an upscale TT, meaning greater attributes.....so in YOUR view (forget my opinion), was it TT's "style" that excluded him from the long term plan or was it his deficiencies as is in a consistently threatening passing game (or lack thereof) that caused the decision?.....does Jackson's ability in the passing game exceed those abilities and if so, does his overall style fit in what this gang is looking for?...........

9 minutes ago, papageorgio said:

jamarcus russel had all the tools to be a good player he was a lazy peice of ****. 

By "all the tools" you mean one tool - a strong arm. You can't name a single QB that was drafted on arm talent alone and made a career out of it. It never happens. I think Cam Newton has come closer than anyone and he had exactly one great season, and he's never fixed his accuracy problems.

I think if Mahomes and Allen both bust that could be the end of that style of QB getting drafted high. The NFL has to learn eventually, right?

Edited by HappyDays

I know it’s apparently insensitive to compare the two QBs and people want to make it a big thing, but if we draft this kid il be pissed. If the added element of the ability to run is something we are looking for, then we should have kept Tyrod. Tyrod is one of the 2 or 3 best running QBs I have ever seen. If this is the type of player we want in this offense, then we should have kept the guy who we had. Also, why did we trade all of these guys last year (that would have helped us in Jacksonville) if we weren’t moving up to take one of the best QBs in the draft? No Jackson.  No to Allen, no to Jackson.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

By "all the tools" you mean one tool - a strong arm. You can't name a single QB that was drafted on arm talent alone and made a career out of it. It never happens. I think Cam Newton has come closer than anyone and he had exactly one great season, and he's never fixed his accuracy problems.

I think if Mahomes and Allen both bust that could be the end of that style of QB getting drafted high. The NFL has to learn eventually, right?

Stafford?

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

...Jeff George had a cannon......Montana didn't....now what?.....who is your choice??...........