just take jackson and keep picks

12 minutes ago, Fetou said:

You seem dense. I don't feel the need to talk about it further. Move on. You post stupid comments, you may get a response challenging your stupid assertion. Call it a joke afterwards, that's fine too. Why is it funny? 

Wow you are quite mad over nothing. 

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

So what you're saying is you'd rather tank ?

AJ is likely to start over either of them anyhow. And we should have a nice tank in store for 2018, depending on how quickly this picks all pan out and how many we retain.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fetou said:

Agreed, but it would be costly. The 49ers and Raiders are both likely to be giving heavy consideration to a LB prospect.

Jesus.

Mack and roquan in gruden defense.

My word.

That's scary.

1 minute ago, Fetou said:

AJ is likely to start over either of them anyhow. And we should have a nice tank in store for 2018, depending on how quickly this picks all pan out and how many we retain.

I know

I was joking with the guy saying he'd rather Peterman than Jackson or Allen.

40 minutes ago, bufrock j said:

new OC runs the system he ran in college, could end up being best of bunch and keeping all those picks could fill out a roster with alot of holes.  maybe even trade back one pick and shoot for extra RD1 next year

No you take the guy who you think can be the future... Not the leftovers. If they have a guy pegged do all you can to get him, in the NFL you dont get many shots at this.

10 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

He's got a better completion percentage than both Darnold and Allen when you adjust for dropped passes...

...and he makes defenders look silly trying to catch him.

If you have to adjust stats to make a guy fit it’s a hard pass

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Fetou said:

More productive, infinitely more athletic, better adjusted completion percentage, better adjusted YPA, better level of competition in college, more pro-ready offense, and made large improvements from 2016 to 2017. Josh Allen on the other hand regressed and had a bad year at Wyoming.

Marino had a pretty bad senior year at Pitt causing him to almost drop into the 2nd round.

I am in no way advocating for Allen but sometimes circumstances make a player look worse than he really is.

Jackson and Allen have immense talent but a fair amount of risk. I’ve thought that the Bills would go after the guys with the fewest questions. The Jets trade yesterday may prevent that from happening. Jackson and Allen are on the table now IMO. Each needs some time though. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fetou said:

:rolleyes:

Jackson is better as a prospect in every way than Josh Allen, other than a few inches of height (Jackson is not short) and the size of his hands. When is Josh Allen converting positions?

i disagree. allen has the best arm since jamarcus russell. hes easily gonna go into the nfl and have the strognest arm in the league. maybe only cam newton has a better arm. coaches love arm stregth above all else. theyll think they can coach him up and fix his weaknesses. 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Jackson and Allen have immense talent but a fair amount of risk. I’ve thought that the Bills would go after the guys with the fewest questions. The Jets trade yesterday may prevent that from happening. Jackson and Allen are on the table now IMO. Each needs some time though. 

Seems a lot of fans here want Josh Rosen. However, there are multiple risks and questions with that guy... 

Concussions

Shoulder surgery

Personality

Is his heart in the game (is he in it for the long haul or will he pull a Jake Locker)

I don't know why fans just ignore these things and then pick on Jackson, who's clearly all in on the game of football and has had no injury issues.

• Like (+1) 1

Quick story from the parade in New Orleans yesterday. We had our Bills tent set up and had a lot of random Bills fans stopped by. This guy in jorts walked up and was talking with one of the guys. “I’m just glad Tyrod is gone. Now we can play a white QB.” That guy was a season ticket holder from Arcade. That guy (and a large group of Bills fans) will be furious if they add another black QB. 

Personally I don’t care what the QB looks like as long as he wins. We would be naive to pretend that it isn’t a reason that some people don’t like Jackson. I just wish people would own it like that guy in the jorts.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Quick story from the parade in New Orleans yesterday. We had our Bills tent set up and had a lot of random Bills fans stop by. This guy in jorts walked up and was talking with one of the guys. “I’m just glad Tyrod is gone. Now we can play a white QB.” That guy was a season ticket holder from Arcade. That guy (and a large group of Bills fans) will be furious if they add another black QB. 

Couple of new guys sitting behind us the last two years regularly and loudly dropped the N-bomb in regards to Tyrod. I spent a decade living down south, and by far the most heinous racist bullsh*t I've ever heard out of peoples mouths, without question, has been in WNY. 

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Personally I don’t care what the QB looks like as long as he wins. We would be naive to pretend that it isn’t a reason that some people don’t like Jackson. I just wish people would own it like that guy in the jorts.

Yup. They are definitely a non-zero segment of the anti-Tyrod, anti-EJ, anti-Lamar crowd. 

Edited by jimmy10

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

This is exactly the pathway the Bills should take.  Stay at 12, take Lamar Jackson.  Let him develop more physically and learn the offense.  Play him in certain packages to get him time in game situations.

Use 22 for a top linebacker such as Leighton Vander Esch or Rasean Evans.

Use 53 and 56 on OL and WR

Use 65 and 96 on CB and DT

Six potential contributors at position of need and how do the Bills look in relation to the Jets and Dolphins.

Something like this will have us as a solid NFL Football team going forward. Any of the top 5 QB’s this year can end up being a franchise guy or a bust. Why mortgage the whole draft fo a 20% shot of hitting the mark.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

My guess is that Jackson may just be where we end up. Even so, we'll likley need to use pick 12 to do it. He may not grade out to that high a pick but you just have to overpay for a QB these days.

i would be really happy with jackson at 12. to me, this is taking the big swing. he has undeniable talent, and if they think that jackson at 12 and using the rest of the picks to round out the team is greater than giving up everything to try for a guy in the top five, then i am ok with that.