Most possible depressing outcome

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This.   How many games did TT get banged up this season alone? 

3, 4, 5 ?   

Id say he had 2 games where he could ha r had a borderline concussion 

If Jackson was Cam's size I would consider it, but he isn't. I also think he should play WR, he is amazing with the ball in his hands while running and making plays; he is electrifying. I want that in a WR, not a QB. A QB's job is to get the ball in the hands of your playmakers; JMO of course....

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Maybe I'm the traditionalist here, but I don't like running QBs. The league has shown time and time again that they flame out and those offenses are pretty close to what we had with TT, just stay in the pocket and throw the damn ball. With his frame, the last thing you want is him running and getting smashed...he will get hurt...

You know Jackson had 2K more passing yards in 13 less games in college over Tyrod? Ohh, and 25 more passing TDs, along with 2K more rushing yards. All in 13 less games, but you know Jackson sucks.

Tyrod wishes he could be Jackson.

Screenshot 2018-03-18 at 11.06.07 AM.png

Screenshot 2018-03-18 at 11.14.04 AM.png

Edited by Real McCoy

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

IMO Rudolph is not a wasted pick,  I would be fine with Rudolph at 12. He is a pocket QB exactly what we have all wanted, not top 3 QB but IMO #4.  Sadly I can see some other team taking him and then being stuck with Allen/Jackson who are 2nd rounders IMO.

Does Rudolph compare well with Dereck Carr? I wouldn't mind rolling the dice with someone with similar talents as Carr.

1 hour ago, Fetou said:

He's black and historically black QBs have not been very successful in the NFL. It's not really racism so much as pattern detection leading to bias.

I think Beane will give him a fair evaluation. He compared the shallow evaluations of Jackson to the shallow evaluations of Cam Newton coming into the NFL.

This might be the stupidest post I have ever sign on this board....and that includes PPP....

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

You know Jackson had 2K more passing yards in 13 less games in college over Tyrod? Ohh, and 25 more passing TDs.

Screenshot 2018-03-18 at 11.06.07 AM.png

Screenshot 2018-03-18 at 11.14.04 AM.png

I'm not even comparing them as passers; they are both QBs who can run and that is a certain style of offense, which is fairly apparent by now that we don't want to run. If we did, TT would still be here as a back up IMO, since the offense would be tailored around that type of skill set. It is also a style that Beane doesn't necessarily want either - sandlot football and you take hits. This is from may last year, not really any smokescreen at this point.

" Brandon Beane: Yeah, I mean, calculated risk... whatever you want to call it. There are some times when they are going to have to thread the needle. It's third and long, and it's late in the game, and we've got to get this play, and they're going to put a spy on the quarterback or something like that... he's got to stand in there, trust his reads, trust his progressions... and sling it and make the throw. You have to do that. In college, you see a lot of running quarterbacks that can just make a play with their own. Everything breaks down and it becomes sandlot football, and you do see some plays in the NFL, but the speed is so different here. It takes a special player to do it, and to do it often... and again, the pounding that you take. We saw that in Carolina last year. Cam took more hits last year than he had in the previous years, so, it's a tough league. And again, I'll go back to it: You have to be able to throw from the pocket. "

7 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Does Rudolph compare well with Dereck Carr? I wouldn't mind rolling the dice with someone with similar talents as Carr.

Rudolph is the one you take a shot with IMO, but I just don't like him. Far from a QB evlauator but I like Rosen, Mayfield and would take a shot with Darnold. Allen intrigues me as a mid-first round shot if no one else interesting is around, his accuracy scares the hell out of me...

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'm not even comparing them as passers; they are both QBs who can run and that is a certain style of offense, which is fairly apparent by now that we don't want to run. If we did, TT would still be here as a back up IMO, since the offense would be tailored around that type of skill set. It is also a style that Beane doesn't necessarily want either - sandlot football and you take hits. This is from may last year, not really any smokescreen at this point.

" Brandon Beane: Yeah, I mean, calculated risk... whatever you want to call it. There are some times when they are going to have to thread the needle. It's third and long, and it's late in the game, and we've got to get this play, and they're going to put a spy on the quarterback or something like that... he's got to stand in there, trust his reads, trust his progressions... and sling it and make the throw. You have to do that. In college, you see a lot of running quarterbacks that can just make a play with their own. Everything breaks down and it becomes sandlot football, and you do see some plays in the NFL, but the speed is so different here. It takes a special player to do it, and to do it often... and again, the pounding that you take. We saw that in Carolina last year. Cam took more hits last year than he had in the previous years, so, it's a tough league. And again, I'll go back to it: You have to be able to throw from the pocket. "

Jackson ran the exact same offense in college that our New OC will run. I'm not sold on your first paragraph.

I love how so many people here tout their opinion as a if it were a fact.

No hesitation, "Mason Rudolph is not far off from top prospects in this class", nothing to back it up, probably no knowledge of the scheme he played in or his glaring flaws. Just blunt, he's just a good because I see his name a lot on the internet, and therefore he's gotta be good.

Same exact thing was said about Nathan Pickerman last year. Obviously, he's a fifth round pick, but 32 NFL organizations don't care about this dude for a reason. They are wrong sometimes, but it's leaning less often than not if you look at the last 5-10 years.