[Vague Title]You don't know squat

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Ok.  Board if you have interviewed the QBs in the draft, please PM.  Let's find out.

Because if they haven't been in the room, then they don't know squat, right?

What's the purpose of this thread again?

Oh, right, to squash people's opinions unless they finish every statement with "IMO"

31 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Must be zero because you say it is, right?

And because none have, their opinion is invalid and should be squashed before they express it

They know NOTHING 

Relax Bandit.  

Based on our discussions I could believe you are “in the know” but until I personally get a PM from you with a scoop I too will have doubts. 

One of the big detractors to you and Kirby is the vehement arguments we have had over TT ergo based on the recent outcome I could say I was right and you were wrong.

But let’s leave sleeping dogs lie.  

As I said Doc was only one that I recall reading with a good call.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Because if they haven't been in the room, then they don't know squat, right?

What's the purpose of this thread again?

Oh, right, to squash people's opinions unless they finish every statement with "IMO"

No it's not.  It's to point out we don't know a lot of things because we as fans are not in the position to know.  We don't have access to things the teams do and thus they are in a better position to make decisions.  It does not mean they'll be right.

It is all laid out in the OP.  You either want to argue because you don't like being told reality, you don't like me for whatever reason, or you just want to be deliberately obtuse.

You can't accept we don't have access to all the info.  Why I have no idea.

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Relax Bandit.  

Based on our discussions I could believe you are “in the know” but until I personally get a PM from you with a scoop I too will have doubts. 

One of the big detractors to you and Kirby is the vehement arguments we have had over TT.   

Also based on the recent outcome I could say I was right and you were wrong.  But let’s leave sleeping dogs lie.  

I have no idea what argument you're talking about, and I honestly have no need for recognition as an "insider"

The point I've been making should be crystal clear: people on this board know more than the OP thinks, and even if they don't, they don't have to end every sentence with "IMO" in order to proffer an opinion 

7 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I brought up that advantage for the GMs, so I'm going to jump back into this conversation  as use it. 

Have they been interviewing QBs for the past two decades? The 3 teams in the AFC East have found nothing better than Chad Pennington. It would be tough to convince anyone that they know better.

It should be an advantage but is it? Don't know squat implies that someone knows more, I hope Beane does.

I pointed out specifically in my OP that having more data does not necessarily mean teams make the right decision every time.  Just that when people here think they know more than the teams, they likely don't because they have a ton more data.

I have no idea what argument you're talking about, and I honestly have no need for recognition as an "insider"

The point I've been making should be crystal clear: people on this board know more than the OP thinks, and even if they don't, they don't have to end every sentence with "IMO" in order to proffer an opinion 

Based on what?  If they know more than I think, where do they get this knowledge that others do not have?

8 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

I am now 60 years old. I have watched the Bills at the old Rock Pile. I have had season tickets on & off. I love the Bills. It is called home-town love of your team, regardless of bad years (and some good). Entertainment & dedication. That is all I care about. If we get a top 4 quarterback or Falk in the 2nd round - who cares. I just want to watch good football.

Wasn't the Rockpile great?

We’ve never argued that I think TT was not good enough last season 16 and this past season in 17?

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well, this took a turn for the silly! 

Not really.  

If you know squat you need to prove it.   

If the experience of Dunkirk Don hasn’t taught people a lesson then the deserve to be hoodwinked.  

I called him a fraud on day 1 while it took people months to finally figure it out.  

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

We’ve never argued that I think TT was not good enough last season 16 and this past season in 17?

Not really.  

If the experience of Dunkirk Don hasn’t taught people a lesson then the deserve to be hoodwinked.  

I called him a fraud on day 1 while it took people months to finally figure it out.  

I've always been of the opinion that Tyrod wasn't good enough to win with long-term, but that he was easily the team's best option for both 2016 and 2017.

Where was I wrong?

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not really.  

You can pick and choose who you believe to be trustworthy. DD was obviously a clown, and I think most were there for the pure entertainment value.

There are others here who have some connection and on occasion may have some reliable info. You decide who want to believe, or even read. They have no obligation to prove anything to you, me, or anyone else. And, as pointed out, maybe that’s why some stuff is only shared via PM. 

IMO.   :)

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

If it's not the truth in fact, it is the correct philosophy.

It's not the only reason, but the primary reason for the decades of despair is the lack of good quarterback play.

If you want to say the correct philosophy is the old adage about " a bird in hand.." then yes. Watson / Mahomes were on the board and would have only cost the team a single draft pick. It's difficult to argue with that, and I would not. A few years down the road, it may well lead to yet another FO team's undoing. It's far too early though, to say either of those QBs was the way to go. If the Bills draft a QB ( and it's pretty clear that they will) it will take some time to play out before any verdict can be reached. We know too well the Bills woebegone ways at QB since the Kelly years. McDermott and Co had a chance to cash in and decided to roll the bones. We don't know if it's snake eyes or boxcars just yet. 

25 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

That can be said about every draft and each and every prospect.

Yes, I feel there are three franchise type qb’s in this draft. IMO they are Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold.

I do absolutely everything I can to get one of them.

Ok, fair enough.

I don't know what I would do. I would actually have to have done all the work myself to decide what to do. I believe the leaders of the past have done a bad job and that many of us fans could have out performed them.

I am just not ready to say that is true of the new guys yet. So I won't be too upset of we don't come up with one of those three.

The only thing I won't be able to stand is if they come up with a guy who can't throw and can't think fast enough. And then they spend 4 years telling me that he can. I can't do that any more. But besides that i can hold up pretty good I think.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Ok, fair enough.

I don't know what I would do. I would actually have to have done all the work myself to decide what to do. I believe the leaders of the past have done a bad job and that many of us fans could have out performed them.

I am just not ready to say that is true of the new guys yet. So I won't be too upset of we don't come up with one of those three.

The only thing I won't be able to stand is if they come up with a guy who can't throw and can't think fast enough. And then they spend 4 years telling me that he can. I can't do that any more. But besides that i can hold up pretty good I think.

I have a sneaky suspicion Baker Mayfield is in Buffalo's cross hairs now Rosen might be out of reach.

10 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

You as in the collective you.  Including me and everyone here.  This entire past day has been filled with posts claiming absolute knowledge over what they could have done, should have done and will do.

And none of us know squat.  Because we do not know what value the Bills have on the QBs in this draft.  And none of us have anywhere near the access to the data the Bills have on these guys.  Few of us have watched them live, we don't have the volumes of tape they have, we have not had access to their coaches, other players to see about them.  We haven't stood at a white board or in a film room and quizzed them about reads, progressions, etc.  None of us have any of that kind of data.

Know what else?  We don't have phone lines connected to every other team's front office.  So we have no idea what offers are flying around.  For all we know there's a deal right now with the Giants or Browns.  Or not.  Or with someone else.  Yet people here insist we cannot move up now and that we lost any chance at a QB.  Which is simply wrong.  Because we don't know.

i love the Tom Clancy books.  One of Jack Ryan's favorite phrases is : don't know means don't know.  We don't know. Beane does know.  He knows he has to decide if any of the four is a guy he has to have, or if he's OK with any of the top 6 guys.  He knows or will know if the draft capital he has acquired will allow him to get a guy he wants or if he has to sweeten the deal.  He knows if there's a MLB or DT that at 12 could solidify his D for years.  He knows because it's his job to know.

Does that mean a guaranteed certainty in his decision?  Of course not.  But he's in a helluva lot better position than we are to make the call.  When we woke up this morning everyone thought Beane was smart for getting a bunch of picks for this draft, for getting some decent FAs, clearing cap, etc.  And 24 hours later he's a bum because he didn't make a trade that might only get him the third QB in his board.

He knows.  We don't know squat.  It's fun to debate opinions, but in the end we don't know squat.

This is all kinda assumed imo. Unless it's a doozy,  it seems folks who think otherwise just have their posts burried and otherwise ignored. It's become the main waste of space that needs to be sorted through.. the quality takes and discussion seems to naturally rise above