[Vague Title]You don't know squat

7 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

But dildo throwing drunks will be tough to surpass... Those are the best thinkers in this league.

Now you brought up a topic that makes me angry even now.

That dildo throw was perfectly targeted and perfectly timed. And instead of bringing that guy in for a look the idiots banned him from the stadium.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....I think you're missing his point......MB is made up of opinions......at the same time, some of those "opinions" are driven home 24/7 as being gospel and diminishing those of others....look at the obnoxious "SHOULD BEANE BE FIRED" thread as a precise example....McBeane and his staff of 17+ scouts, many of which are high profile NFL personnel execs, probably at an annual payroll of $3.5 mil know their craft.....perfect?...hardly......subject to mistakes?...of course....draft and FA will never be an exact science...so some little keyboard clown starts fecal material about firing him just to be obnoxious and take away the spirit of LEGITIMATE football discussion...seriously?......because he's far smarter than the combined 17?......

McD / Beane regime is paying very particular attention to the character of every player on the roster and in all likelihood will pay even closer attention to the QB they expect to lead Buffalo long term into the future.

I'm not sure how that translates into this years draft class, but it probably narrows the possibilities to one or two players in my humble opinion. 

Edited by Figster

10 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I love opinion.  I don't like people prentending their opinion is gospel and factual when it isn't.

indy,

some peeps are not exactly articulate when expressing themselves, i think you know this. from my perch, i see a only few who express their opinion as omnipotent.

Edited by Foxx

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Or is it because you can't back up your statement?

I would appreciate input from guys that have either coached or played the game at the pro or college level.

This board has a lot of plugged in people and Bandit is one of them. He has PMed numerous things that he has been told that no one was reporting. A lot of the “inside info” takes place through PM. Usually that information isn’t supposed to be shared. Sometimes it is and ends up on the main board.

There are a lot of people here that have contacts in and around the league. Not everything those people say is inside info either. 98% of the time it is their opinion. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Or is it because you can't back up your statement?

I would appreciate input from guys that have either coached or played the game at the pro or college level.

It's because those folks should have discretion over whether or not you know who they are

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It is definitive that none of us here have the kind of access to data that the teams do.  That is a given I would think.

Well you're dug in on that, so it must be true. Not possible that you're wrong 

2 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Now you brought up a topic that makes me angry even now.

That dildo throw was perfectly targeted and perfectly timed. And instead of bringing that guy in for a look the idiots banned him from the stadium.

I'm glad you noticed that... there was a 50/50 chance that the smile on the dildo could have been facing the turf but it was perfectly executed. 

I will also say this...  Brandon Beane seems to me to understand the surest way to get fired as a GM in this league is to fail to find a Franchise Quarterback. If he doesn't find one in this draft and the Bills go above .500 again with AJ at the helm he is still in a comfortable spot. If he doesn't and the Bills go say 6-10 with their backup level QB then you better believe the pressure will be on him to find one in 2019 and if he fails again he will be out of a job. 

That is the NFL. He understands that, I am sure he does... I am extremely doubtful he leaves round 1 this year without his Quarterback. 

7 hours ago, Fetou said:

I'm generally inclined to agree. With a few exceptions:

1) I know Brian Orakpo is better than Aaron Maybin. I've always known, since I was born

2) I know Donte Whitner isn't worth the 8th pick overall

3) I know fan picks as a rule have been better than the player we've ended up with in 1st round for the last ~15 years.

Hopefully we now have a FO who has the ability to compete with drunk Bills fans.

lol...the drunk bills fans were killing it until these guys came to town. made the old staff and coaches look lost. compared to them(brandon and whaley), most of us looked like vegas bookies.

however this is the most exciting ,nail biting off season i can ever remember. i have been a fan since 73 and the sb years were great, but now i'm retired and i get to listen and read and soak in every little bills detail. i seriously need help i am so addicted.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

It's because those folks should have discretion over whether or not you know who they are

Well you're dug in on that, so it must be true. Not possible that you're wrong 

What percentage of folks on this board have interviewed the QBs in this draft?

Just now, Figster said:

McD / Beane regime is paying very particular attention to the character of every player on the roster and will pay even closer attention to the QB they expect to lead Buffalo long term into the future.

I'm not sure how that translates into this years draft class, but it probably narrows the possibilities in my humble opinion. 

...DEAD ON as usual bud.....and I agree with their cumulative approach.....I perhaps preemptively posted that Mayfield was being trailed by a PI hired by some NFL club....first thought was because of media comparatives to Manziel...but many rightfully so posted that "I'd bet many clubs do it today to play it safe".....cannot argue that at all...translate it into the real world versus the megamillions NFL fantasyland.....I have interviewed many candidates in my 42 year business career and my initial impression vastly differed after further investigation...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

What percentage of folks on this board have interviewed the QBs in this draft?

Must be zero because you say it is, right?

And because none have, their opinion is invalid and should be squashed before they express it

They know NOTHING 

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

And because none have, their opinion is invalid and should be squashed before they express it

They know NOTHING 

...LMAO...my real name is SQUAT....and 'yall know nothing about me....so we're even, right?.....Jesus kids, how many TBD stroke patients do you thins Roswell can treat at once?....lighten up....

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

They know NOTHING 

All right.  Let's just stop and try again.  And read this time.

it is not about opinion, it is about fact.  If people want to express their opinion fine.  But when they make definitive statements about things when it is clear they cannot be made that is different.

How many people here have actually interviewed the QBs?  I would say it's pretty close to zero.  Does that deny them an opinion?  No.  Does it mean the teams have more information to make decisions?  Yes.  Which was the point of the OP.

6 hours ago, Putin said:

How do you know we already failed ? 

I think it’s a little premature to make any kind of judgment ( don’t you think ?)since the draft is still over a month away , 

im a little disappointed as well but let’s wait and see what happens , 

Don’t you get it? Terry knows the future, and we don’t. We are taking solace in willful ignorance, when in fact there is no way for us to know what the FO knows. Are we ignorant? Sure. No shame there. None of us know what the FO knows, or how the draft will turn out. Except apparently Terry... 

I am also disappointed, but this may not affect their plan at all. This could be devastating, or a non-event. We DO NOT KNOW. Nor should we. All we can do is move forward and pray for the best. 

EDIT: OK, maybe some people here have a clue, but the masses are in the dark. 

Edited by Augie

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

All right.  Let's just stop and try again.  And read this time.

it is not about opinion, it is about fact.  If people want to express their opinion fine.  But when they make definitive statements about things when it is clear they cannot be made that is different.

How many people here have actually interviewed the QBs?  I would say it's pretty close to zero.  Does that deny them an opinion?  No.  Does it mean the teams have more information to make decisions?  Yes.  Which was the point of the OP.

Then the OP had zero point to begin with, since anyone that doesn't have all of the exact same information as 32 GMs shouldn't draw conclusions 

Or maybe your entire OP should've been distilled down to "use IMO more often"

but either way, you probably should've made sure to tell everyone that they don't know squat IN YOUR OPINION, because you don't have all of the information on every person on this board, so declaring that as fact shouldn't happen 

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Then the OP had zero point to begin with, since anyone that doesn't have all of the exact same information as 32 GMs shouldn't draw conclusions 

Or maybe your entire OP should've been distilled down to "use IMO more often"

but either way, you probably should've made sure to tell everyone that they don't know squat IN YOUR OPINION, because you don't have all of the information on every person on this board, so declaring that as fact shouldn't happen 

Ok.  Board if you have interviewed the QBs in the draft, please PM.  Let's find out.

48 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I am finding out that the more I learn and know about this upcoming draft, the more I know, that I don't know.

I am in the I have no idea camp. I'm willing to wait and see.

Nobody wants a franchise QB more than me. Not even you.

But the guy may not be there.  I know you can never be sure of anybody. But I mean a guy worth trading everything to gamble on, might not be there.

What then? You want them to do it anyway? Remember we have about 2 years worth of picks here. We can't do it again next year if we trade it all in now.

I have read a lot and everyone has their favorite QB prospect in this draft. But I haven't seen anybody say there is a QB worth doing whatever you have to do, to get.

The only one close is Darnold and he has the USC "mirage" QB onus on him.

So do you want them to just trade it all and let the chips fall where they may, no matter what?

That can be said about every draft and each and every prospect.

Yes, I feel there are three franchise type qb’s in this draft. IMO they are Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold.

I do absolutely everything I can to get one of them.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Ok.  Board if you have interviewed the QBs in the draft, please PM.  Let's find out.

I brought up that advantage for the GMs, so I'm going to jump back into this conversation  as use it. 

Have they been interviewing QBs for the past two decades? The 3 teams in the AFC East have found nothing better than Chad Pennington. It would be tough to convince anyone that they know better.

It should be an advantage but is it? Don't know squat implies that someone knows more, I hope Beane does.

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I would estimate there are very few people on this board that have been a fan of this team longer than me.  You would have to have been sitting at the Rockpile in 1960 to have been a fan for as long.  I appreciate the frustration as much if not more so than many here.  But I will say again:  don't know means don't know.  Beane has a lot of cards he can play or not play.  It comes down to their evaluation they make on these guys.

I am now 60 years old. I have watched the Bills at the old Rock Pile. I have had season tickets on & off. I love the Bills. It is called home-town love of your team, regardless of bad years (and some good). Entertainment & dedication. That is all I care about. If we get a top 4 quarterback or Falk in the 2nd round - who cares. I just want to watch good football.

• Like (+1) 1