Would the Browns accept this trade for 1st overall?

I WOULD LITERALLY PUKE if we gave this away to get #1. 

We do NOT need to trade into the top 5, especially to #1...nor do I think we will.  And to do all of that when 2 or 3 of the top 5 QB prospects (who are all very closely graded to each other in the first place) will likely be on the board at 12 would be unbelievably stupid.  

There will be more than one QB on the board when we pick that some teams or people will think is one of the best QB prospects in the draft.  Every teams board is different, and Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Lamar, and Allen are all ranked differently as they are very closely rated.  None of them are supreme prospect over the other.  

This is not like when Goff and Wentz came out (the 2 people thrown out constantly here as validation for mortgaging our future).  They were by far the 2 best prospects in that draft.  In this draft, there are 5 guys who will be in different orders on each teams board.  In fact, the guy the Bills might like the most may not be Rosen or Darnold (as so many seem to think around here) and could be Baker, Allen, or Lamar...and the reality is that at least 1, probably 2 of them, and possibly all 3 could still be on the board at 12.  

DO NOT WASTE PICKS to get to #1.  Now if the Bills believe there is only 1 guy in the draft that is special and the guy they covet, sure then go make some insanely costly trade...but I just don't think that is the case and that they would prefer to keep picks and get one of the others then give away everything to get a specific guy only. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

If we wanted to trade with the Browns for the 1st pick in the draft do you think they'd accept this offer? 

Bills gets:

2018 Browns 1st overall pick

2018 Browns 4th round (101)

Cleveland gets:

Bills 1st round (12 overall)

Bills 1st round (22nd overall)

Bills 2nd rounder (53rd)

Bills 3rd rounder (65th)

Bills 1st round pick

Would that be enough to get it done? 

Most likely, as it would allow them to easily move back up to #2 and still have the late first round pick

If we wanted to trade with the Browns for the 1st pick in the draft do you think they'd accept this offer? 

Bills gets:

Cleveland gets:

Bills 2nd rounder (53rd)

Bills 3rd rounder (65th)

Bills 1st round pick

Browns don't own the #101 pick, Green Bay does.

Browns have #114, not that it matters.

I don't see the Browns trading out of #1 for a drop to #12 and I don't see Beane trading those picks for a #1.

Bills gets:

Cleveland gets:

Bills 2nd rounder (53rd)

Bills 3rd rounder (65th)

Bills 1st round pick

The Browns simply can not put off the decision on QB any longer. I wouldn’t even field calls on the top pick. I don’t even know if the Giants would take that offer but I’d try with them. 

Bills gets:

Cleveland gets:

Bills 2nd rounder (53rd)

Bills 3rd rounder (65th)

Bills 1st round pick

This would be a ridiculous trade.  Giving up 4 picks to get your "Franchise QB", how do you propose getting the players you need to fill the holes on the roster?

Have you given this any consideration or is your savior QB gonna fix the gaping hole at LB, OL or WR.

Give me your solution to those issues.