Nick Foles Could Be in Your Future

Shaw66

6 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

As the first ten picks unfold, if the Bills don't like what they see left on the board, Beane and the Eagles might agree on price for Foles.  

It might squeeze the Bills on the cap, but maybe that's when they deal Hughes for another pick.  

I doubt the Bills want to go into 2018 with McCarron starting. 

Nope, not gonna happen. AJ has the reigns.

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1

10% chance, maybe. Can't imagine it being too too much higher than that.

They're a financially conservative team. Conservative in cap money and conservative in pick accumulation. And also a team that is building for the future, for consistent excellence. This move would not be financially conservative and it would be valuing this year over the future.

It just doesn't fit the M.O. they've established. Assuming they don't find anyone in the draft they like, I could imagine them bringing in another cheapish vet. An injury replacement guy if they really don't want to see Peterman start yet or ever. Foles would cost a lot of draft capital in the trade unless something changes. If they can't get a guy they want this year, they"re likely to be trading back to try to bank some picks next year to try to draft their guy then.

Edited by Thurman#1

7 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I think that thinking is backwards. That means you bow to the pressure and draft someone just because you need a starter.  What if, as I said, they don't like whats left after 10 picks?  What if all that's left doesn't look like a starter in year one?  

That ,ears they have to go with McCarron. Maybe they like him. I don't. If they don't like him, Foles is their option.

I mean, I don't know, but they're thinking about stuff like this at OBD. If theyre thinking about it, it could happen. 

It’s also backwards to not have some available they like after 10 picks and then settle on Foles.

Either or, they are settling.

If they like Foles that much trade for him now.

6 hours ago, Mango said:

That is BS. This roster is better with Glenn and Darby on it. Sorry but it’s true. Very few, if any, good football teams cut quality players because of “fitting the scheme”. I’d like to add that Dareus fists is more off the roster than he does on. 

It is something bad and mediocre teams do to justify poor decisions.  I am more than fine with it, as long as it is too solidly the most important position in football. 

If Beane cut depth, to build depth, then he’ll be gone in a few years.

How many games did the 10m$$$ LT start last year?

I heard Darby was unhappy with the scheme change to zone,and who cares?

The CB and Safety group was one of the Bills highlights in our first playoff spot in 17 yrs after being a big question mark at the start of the season. 

7 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I think he's too flawed.  

I don't know how anyone can make this judgment, or say he's going to be the next stud QB, based on the limited time AJ has been on the field. Did you somehow see a ton of Cincy practices and camp reps?

I say he looked just good enough when he was thrown into game action and got playoff experience for me to be curious about how he will look with first team reps and consistency. Other than that, I don't think anyone who posts on this board regularly is qualified to judge how good or not good he will be quite yet.

8 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

As the first ten picks unfold, if the Bills don't like what they see left on the board, Beane and the Eagles might agree on price for Foles.  

It might squeeze the Bills on the cap, but maybe that's when they deal Hughes for another pick.  

I think you're right.  I think starting AJM is their last option (well, Peterman would be).  If they can't get a rookie they like, I think they call up the Eagles again.

You pass on Watson and Mahomes, trade assets to set yourself up to grab a young potential franchise qb who will be cost controlled for five years and you end up trading possibly a first for Nick Foles?  Worst case scenario, they stick at 12 and take Jackson or Allen.  Browns and Jets are going qb.  Giants might, but probably won't.  Dolphins probably will.  You'd have to guard against the Cards trading up ahead of you.  You might be able to make a trade with the Bucs to grab the third qb taken in the draft.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

You pass on Watson and Mahomes, trade assets to set yourself up to grab a young potential franchise qb who will be cost controlled for five years and you end up trading possibly a first for Nick Foles?  Worst case scenario, they stick at 12 and take Jackson or Allen.  Browns and Jets are going qb.  Giants might, but probably won't.  Dolphins probably will.  You'd have to guard against the Cards trading up ahead of you.  You might be able to make a trade with the Bucs to grab the third qb taken in the draft.

Good analysis. It simply does not add up not to mention factoring in the Eagles perspective that makes him highly valuable to them.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Wow, I'm glad you brought this up, as not one of the 18 million other Nick Foles threads was worthwhile. At least you kept it short, I'll give you that. 

And the Eagles are not going to trade Foles when they don't even know if Wentz will be able to start the season. 

Edited by Domdab99

8 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Theres a reason they traded all of those players - they didn’t want them!  Also to my knowledge Hughes has not been traded. 

Glenn - lopsided contract

Tyrod - contract; performance 

Darby - poor fit in defense

i agree with you - the team does need to find a QB in this year’s draft.  The Foles trade won’t happen, but if it did most of the fans would be pissed

I agree. The moves so far were for many good and solid reasons. It doesn't change the fact that Beane is in a QB jam right now and let's see how he solves it. 

I wouldn't mind it one bit. I don't see how trading for THE Super Bowl MVP could be considered a bad move.  The only problem with this scenario is having to roll with 3 QBs on the roster, assuming they draft a QB and Peterman goes to the practice squad.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

There has been this presumption that the Bills traded those picks to get a QB this year, but has anyone in the Bills organization said this? I don’t think so...

its also plausible the Bills new a roster overhaul was necessary and wanted all the picks they could get. But I will agree moving up to 12 is about “a” QB....but I’m not convinced they trade up after that to get a guy all the fans believe is the future.

29 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good analysis. It simply does not add up not to mention factoring in the Eagles perspective that makes him highly valuable to them.

They have already said they'd be willing to trade him for White (a 1st) and a 4th.  And if Foles is JAG, they're basically saying that they can plug any QB into their system and win a SB, so why not get picks and roll with Sudfeld?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

They have already said they'd be willing to trade him for White (a 1st) and a 4th.  And if Foles is JAG, they're basically saying that they can plug any QB into their system and win a SB, so why not get picks and roll with Sudfeld?

Hmmm. Asking for something they knew the Bills wouldn't do according to someone you know.  Cheap insurance.  Keep chopping. 

9 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

If they miss out on their young QB....why WOULDN'T they want AJ to start?  Kind of an odd "win-win"  scenario if he does...we either stink and draft high next year, or he turns out to be a player we can build around.

I think there is much more reason to believe Foles would make us an average 7-9 to 9-7 team again...which obviously sucks for the draft. And he isn't a franchise guy (if Beane thought he was, i think we'd have him already).

Wouldn't make any sense to me Shaw.

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hmmm. Asking for something they knew the Bills wouldn't do according to someone you know.  Cheap insurance.  Keep chopping. 

Not quite.  They've publicly said it would take a 1st and 4th to move Foles.  White was a 1st rounder.  The Bills countered with a 2nd.  If they offer a 1st this year and a 4th next year, a deal could very well get done.