St. Patricks Day Bills Salary Cap Status

Punt75

As of this lovely day in March the Bills have $22 mil available to spend on Free Agents this season.  The ONLY player on the roster who could save the Bills $ through a trade or release is Jerry Hughes at $4 mil if he leaves the team.  Personally, I think Jerry with his hustle is worth that money!  I know Shaq is becoming a 'bust' candidate but releasing or trading him amounts to a $6mil Dead Cap hit.  Apparently nothing has been resolved with Eric Wood's retirement.  He's still on the books for over $8mil??  He can't play anymore due to his injury but he won't retire? 

17.5M sounds about right. You never know who could get cut and/or injured on our team after June 1st, so keep 10M not including the draft pick mula. I would sign a guy just to trade him later. The 4-3 teams moving to 3-4 will be trying to dump guys at some point. It happens every year.

7 minutes ago, BBillsWestCoast said:

17.5M sounds about right. You never know who could get cut and/or injured on our team after June 1st, so keep 10M not including the draft pick mula. I would sign a guy just to trade him later. The 4-3 teams moving to 3-4 will be trying to dump guys at some point. It happens every year.

I'm talking top 51 on the roster!!  The others are garbage write-offs.

5 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is?  16, 17.5, 22, somewhere in between, somewhat lower, somewhat higher...one of those statements is correct. So, what's the point?

I agree the GM said no more big names in FA.

Say its 17m left right now

More than half will go to signing the (2) 1sts and (2) 2nds