What do you think Denver is going to do?

After the Jets traded up today to the #3 spot what do you think Denver might do from the #5 spot? Do they stand pat or do they try and move up in front of the Jets? I really don’t know if they need or want to but I would like to hear other opinions on this.

i made another post several days ago stating that the Bills would have to trade up with the Browns for the #1 pick overall to guarantee themselves of the QB that they would want. I was apprehensive of the Jets and Broncos in particular, and other teams, of leapfrogging to a higher position in the draft. Now that the Jets set some kind of a bench mark the cost for the Bills to trade up to the #1 overall would be astronomical. I don’t think that it’s really possible to do so and if it is I for one wouldn’t want to see them do it personally. 

Keenum was the most accomplished FA QB on the market this off-season.  Only pointing it out because I feel like he should have garnered enough credibility and leverage with his success with the Vikings to ask and be given teams potential plans for the upcoming draft.  Maybe not.  But I just feel he doesn't pick Denver if he feels he is getting benched in the pre-season for Mayfield or Rosen.

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I think Denver will draft a non QB at 5 or field offers for the pick if say CLE stays at 4. The market is high and Elway wants to get in on the action. He's not going QB this year or next. 

I disagree - Keenum is on a 2-year deal and taking Allen/Mayfield would give them enough time to get ready for year 3.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Looper said:

I disagree - Keenum is on a 2-year deal and taking Allen/Mayfield would give them enough time to get ready for year 3.

If you are drafting a QB that takes TWO OR THREE years, then you shouldn't be drafting that QB.  .....and uh Denver has one of those 2 to 3 years to develop guys on the roster already....do a google search for Paxton Lynch scouting reports and read all about 2-3 years....

So Lynch would be gone - Rodgers sat for 3 behind Favre. Siemian/Osweiler already gone. Don't know what they do with Chad Kelly.

Any QB is hit-or-miss but just like the Bills, the Broncos need to jump back on the horse.

Edited by Looper

29 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

After the Jets traded up today to the #3 spot what do you think Denver might do from the #5 spot? Do they stand pat or do they try and move up in front of the Jets? I really don’t know if they need or want to but I would like to hear other opinions on this.

i made another post several days ago stating that the Bills would have to trade up with the Browns for the #1 pick overall to guarantee themselves of the QB that they would want. I was apprehensive of the Jets and Broncos in particular, and other teams, of leapfrogging to a higher position in the draft. Now that the Jets set some kind of a bench mark the cost for the Bills to trade up to the #1 overall would be astronomical. I don’t think that it’s really possible to do so and if it is I for one wouldn’t want to see them do it personally. 

Why would they trade up to the Jets spot?

They’ll grab the BPA. And it won’t be a QB.

You can screen shot that. 

6 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

I think also that Denver is in must-win-now mode, which likely means that they will be taking a guy they believe is ready to start right away. That is probably not a QB.

Denver isn’t taking a QB at 5.

23 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I think Denver will draft a non QB at 5 or field offers for the pick if say CLE stays at 4. The market is high and Elway wants to get in on the action. He's not going QB this year or next. 

I agree.  Elway is confident/delusional (take your pick) about the Broncos being decent (not "great" or even "good") QB play away from being a legitimate Super Bowl contender. The Broncos have other major holes to fill (start with the O line), and Elway's already made a couple comments about how rebuilding isn't in his vocabulary. I very much doubt that the Broncos get into the QB derby, but I also doubt that they'd be interested in trading down -- for the Bills' 12th and 22nd or a similar deal -- in this draft.

6 minutes ago, CIrvine said:

They take Chubb to screw Indianapolis.

They make take Chubb, but it wouldn't be to screw Indianapolis ... it would be because he's the best player on the board at 5 and they could definitely use him. Now it might have the effect of screwing Indy, but that wouldn't be the reason ...

2 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Browns probably take Chubb at 4, Broncos go Nelson at 5.  Who would Colts go with now, or would they be open to a trade?

I don't think so. Barkley at 1, one of the remaining Big 4 QBs at 4 just makes too much sense for the Browns. With the infusion of talent on offense (Tyrod/return(maybe) of Josh Gordon/Jarvis Landry) the only thing missing is a running game, and Barkley promises to bring that all by himself. And then the QB at #4 (a more project-type guy like Allen makes sense) to sit behind Tyrod for a year, give or take 4 games ... the Browns are actually looking pretty good right now.

2 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

You Were Right. I Didnt Think The Jets Would Trade Up Since They Have Bridgewater And McCown. Which Begs The Question Do The Jets Even Know What They Are Doing?? Why Would They Sign Those Two And Trade Up?? Thats Just Dumb, Unless They End Up Trading One Of Them For Picks Then It Might Be Genius.

I guess The Broncos Could Still Trade Up But I Really Think Elway Wants Win now We might rather trade back. Maybe we trade with them and then we jump up to one of two.

2 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Keenum was the most accomplished FA QB on the market this off-season.  Only pointing it out because I feel like he should have garnered enough credibility and leverage with his success with the Vikings to ask and be given teams potential plans for the upcoming draft.  Maybe not.  But I just feel he doesn't pick Denver if he feels he is getting benched in the pre-season for Mayfield or Rosen.

Probably true , but Keenum only had one good season and not 3 or 4 like Cousins.

2 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

I think also that Denver is in must-win-now mode, which likely means that they will be taking a guy they believe is ready to start right away. That is probably not a QB.

why...All 32 teams are in Must win mode now.

• Like (+1) 1