Forget the first 3 picks: what about #4?

16 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The eagles just won the super bowl. What are you talking about? We are the only team in the league that acts like qb is just not important. You win by having a good qb. Move up and get one.

News Flash: The Eagles won the Super Bowl with their backup QB and journeyman Foles.  The final 4 playoff teams had Keenum (UDFA) , Bortles (1st Rd.) Foles (3rd Rd)  and Brady (6th Rd) . Only one of was a top 5 pick and he's not the one most of us would want. 

27 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There are 2 guys we should be going after in my opinion. Rosen or Darnold. If you don’t get to 2, we aren’t getting either. Go up to 1 or 2 or forget it. Either move up and take one of the actual very good guys for once in our lives..or just forget it. Stay where we are and just fill in the roster with high draft picks. Play McCarron. Either get the good guys or don’t waste our time. Enough settling for scraps.

I agree with this. I would also hope they would try to make some kind of trade to get a second 2019 first round pick from some one. 

Edited by OJABBA

5 minutes ago, Looper said:

All depends on how the Browns value the big 4 QBs versus Barkley. If they're not set on Darnold and take Barkely #1, they might still get Darnold at #4 if the Giants turn to Rosen and Allen is as coveted by the Jets as we hear. 

The Jets being so comfortable at #3 even in the face of two QBs already being gone.  I still can't figure that out.  Why are they so comfortable?

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We are in position to offer 3 firsts in the next 2 drafts. I can’t imagine there was an actual price that we couldn’t afford. Just like we have done from the beginning, we are afraid to over pay for anything and are preaching money ball. We are dicking around trying to get things on our terms. Just pay the goddamn price to get the qb and worry about everything else later.

The price they can't afford is the one they are unable to pay: a top ten pick. You know, so the team you want to trade with actually gets the player they want in the most talent rich portion of the draft?  Other teams GMs have their own value chart and it likely means they will take the offer from the team giving them the highest picks. 

4 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

The Jets being so comfortable at #3 even in the face of two QBs already being gone.  I still can't figure that out.  Why are they so comfortable?

Either they like 3 QBs and have them ranked closely , are unable to trade with the Giants at two or know the Giants won't trade the pick / are taking a player at another position

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

At this point,  it could be just one QB or two. Jets must have a plan for both. 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The price they can't afford is the one they are unable to pay: a top ten pick. You know, so the team you want to trade with actually gets the player they want in the most talent rich portion of the draft?  Other teams GMs have their own value chart and it likely means they will take the offer from the team giving them the highest picks. 

Either they like 3 QBs and have them ranked closely , are unable to trade with the Giants at two or know the Giants won't trade the pick / are taking a player at another position

That's what I am going with.  That the Giants want Barkley.  And if Buffalo can get to #4...they can offer the Giants the #4 with more Draft Picks and a Player if needed to move to #2 and Giants STILL get that player because the Jets are ALL IN on QB.

I just can't believe they like 3 QBs that much when our GM is quoted "I’ve met them all, but some of them for 15 minutes and that’s not enough to even draft a guy at 12. I don’t know what we’re doing, we have six weeks to the draft, and over that time I’m going to try to get to know every player, not only the quarterbacks, of who we’re going to consider.”

There are almost certainly not four QBs in this draft. But the QBs also very likely will not go in order of their future value, so we don't have to be in the top three to get a top three QB.  We have to evaluate better or get lucky.

I am not sure what order I have the four QBs ranked, and I think it is very likely the Jets and Bills do not have the same order. Does Darnold or Allen climb now that they do not have to start day 1?  I had preferred Mayfield or Rosen most likely all things equal, but know that that evaluation could be as wrong as Smith over Rodgers or Leaf vs Peyton.

Fingers crossed that our brain trust can pick right in the top two, outside the top two, or even at 12.

3 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

And you don't win with mediocrity at QB. The past 20 years should tell you that.

I agree..but you can't have it both ways...You mortgage the draft and get a QB...Now you cannot surround him with talent...what now?

4 hours ago, ganesh said:

Or he was sensible. You don't win by mortgaging the draft.

Worked for the Eagles as they gave up quite a bit for Wentz.

CggOO5hW8AEhzIU.jpg:large

Worked for the Eagles.  We'd be moving up #12 to #2 instead of 8 to 2 so we'd have to give up more.  Especially with the Giants having all the leverage.  It will pry take at this drafts two 1st rounders, a 2nd, the top pick of the 3rd round, and next years 1st.  Are we willing to give up five picks to move up 10 spots?  It depends how high Beane are sold on a guy.  Also, are the Giants willing to pass on a quarterback to eventually replace Eli?

The Browns aren't drafting Barkley...not at 1 AND not at 4 if he is there....they signed Carlos Hyde to big deal to start.  They have a good change of pace back on the roster.  The GM is on record putting RB at the bottom of the list of things you need to win...and he has been in charge of, or been a part of drafts for decades where the philosphy was to wait on RB.  If the Browns stay at 4 (and I think they will) it is because they will pick a PREMIUM position player.  Chubb, or Fitzpatrick...not RB in a RB rich class that they own a ton of picks in.  Same reason why they aren't trading out of 4...they have draft capital and they now intend to cash in.   The GIANTS drafting Barkley makes more sense.  They don't have a bonofide starter on the roster, and their FO isn't opposed to RB high.....and given that it makes some sense and they have a need I still think they are also going QB.  Eli is amost toast, they are in position to get his replacement.  2019 is a bad QB draft class and they have no clue where they would even be selecting.  This again, is a deep RB draft..they can wait.  QB is scarce and it will be even more scarce after this draft.  QB 1-2-3.  The Bills must hope that the 4th QB in this draft is someone they like.