Forget the first 3 picks: what about #4?

So the Jets did what they did... I can’t fault Indy for doing it either since they’re still going to get their guy most likely at 6 since everyone else is fighting it out for QBs in the top 5. 

Its going to take a hell of a lot to get to #2 now. Maybe too much... and #1 is out of the question. Since Cleveland has the draft capital and many holes to fill, would a trade for #4 be a possibility? I’d imagine with all the QB craziness that Cleveland would absolutely get their QB at #1. Giants MIGHT roll QB #2, and the Jets obviously would. If the Giants decide to get Barkley at #2, do we send Cleveland some picks for #4? 

I cant imagine Cleveland passing Barkley if he’s there at 4. If Darnold and Rosen are taken 1&3, we can get Mayfield (or Allen, but not my preferred choice) at 4. Obviously this is a draft day type of trade, but if this plays out I can see Beane making some phone calls to Cleveland. What would it take to get 4? Both firsts and maybe a later second?

There are 2 guys we should be going after in my opinion. Rosen or Darnold. If you don’t get to 2, we aren’t getting either. Go up to 1 or 2 or forget it. Either move up and take one of the actual very good guys for once in our lives..or just forget it. Stay where we are and just fill in the roster with high draft picks. Play McCarron. Either get the good guys or don’t waste our time. Enough settling for scraps.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 4

Only Darnold or Rosen are worth trading up for, if they both go, just pick at 12. 

Only hope for Rosen was if Beane traded with the Colts and the Giants took Barkley.  That scenario is dead.

Either Beane got too cute, or the Colts just were not dropping to 12 from 3.

EDIT: Opps, was typing the same thing as the poster above.

Edited by T-Bomb
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, T-Bomb said:

Only Darnold or Rosen are worth trading up for, if they both go, just pick at 12. 

Only hope for Rosen was if Beane traded with the Colts and the Giants took Barkley.  That scenario is dead.

There is considerable noise that the Jets want Josh Allen. Look at the two QBs the GM has on the roster from drafts in 2015 and 2016; they are mirror images of Allen. 

So now what? The Giants either trade with the Broncos - who clearly love Rosen - or the Browns have a choice to move back to us or trade with the Broncos.
Ain't over til it's over, bud.

1 minute ago, T-Bomb said:

Or he was sensible. You don't win by mortgaging the draft.

Just now, T-Bomb said:

I’m betting it’s the latter- I’m thinking the colts want Chubb and they’re not going to get him at 12. 6 is highly likely. It makes sense for them to do so and gain some picks. 

Browns are not trading out. They already have too many picks. Why would they want more picks?

• 1st Round: No. 1 overall
  • 1st Round: No. 4 overall
  • 2nd Round: No. 33 overall (1st in round)
  • 2nd Round: No. 35 overall (3rd in round)
  • 2nd Round: No. 64 overall (32nd in round)
  • 4th Round: No. 101 overall (1st in round)
  • 4th Round: No. 123 overall (23rd in round)
  • 5th Round: No. 138 overall (1st in round)
  • 5th Round: No. 159 overall (22nd in round)
  • 6th Round: No. 175 overall (1st in round)
  • 7th Round: No. 219 overall (1st in round)
Edited by kdiggz
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

So the Jets did what they did... I can’t fault Indy for doing it either since they’re still going to get their guy most likely at 6 since everyone else is fighting it out for QBs in the top 5. 

Its going to take a hell of a lot to get to #2 now. Maybe too much... and #1 is out of the question. Since Cleveland has the draft capital and many holes to fill, would a trade for #4 be a possibility? I’d imagine with all the QB craziness that Cleveland would absolutely get their QB at #1. Giants MIGHT roll QB #2, and the Jets obviously would. If the Giants decide to get Barkley at #2, do we send Cleveland some picks for #4? 

I cant imagine Cleveland passing Barkley if he’s there at 4. If Darnold and Rosen are taken 1&3, we can get Mayfield (or Allen, but not my preferred choice) at 4. Obviously this is a draft day type of trade, but if this plays out I can see Beane making some phone calls to Cleveland. What would it take to get 4? Both firsts and maybe a later second?

I think the Giants want Barkley, Barkley, Barkley.  THAT is why they wouldn't move from #2 to #6, because Barkley would never make it past the Browns #4.

But if Buffalo can get to #4 by loading up the Browns draft vault with additional picks, then perhaps they can get to #2 with the Giants.  So it would look like...

1.)  Browns - Darnold

2.)  Bills - QB

3.)  Jets - QB

4.)  Giants - Barkley (yep they still get Barkley and some Draft Picks from Buffalo)

And the Browns would then leave the 1st Round with Sam Darnold, and Picks #12, #22. 

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar
addition

5 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Browns are not trading out. They already have too many picks. Why would they want more picks?

• 3rd Round: No. 65 overall (1st in round)

Anything below #65 is pfft.

THe Bills would be able to give them a total 3 First Round Picks.

6 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

• 3rd Round: No. 65 overall (1st in round)

This list shows them as having their 3rd rounder they gave to us for Tyrod- is this list correct aside from that?

Edited by KingBoots8

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The eagles just won the super bowl. What are you talking about? We are the only team in the league that acts like qb is just not important. You win by having a good qb. Move up and get one.

What if the teams ahead of you , such as the Jets also try to move up? Top ten picks do a lot more talking than a pick at 12. You can't move up just because you want to. The other team has the veto power. 

5 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I think the Giants want Barkley, Barkley, Barkley.  THAT is why they wouldn't move from #2 to #6, because Barkley would never make it past the Browns #4.

But if Buffalo can get to #4 by loading up the Browns draft vault with additional picks, then perhaps they can get to #2 with the Giants.  So it would look like...

1.)  Browns - Darnold

2.)  Bills - QB

3.)  Jets - QB

4.)  Giants - Barkley.

And the Browns would then leave the 1st Round with Sam Darnold, and Picks #12, #22. 

All depends on how the Browns value the big 4 QBs versus Barkley. If they're not set on Darnold and take Barkely #1, they might still get Darnold at #4 if the Giants turn to Rosen and Allen is as coveted by the Jets as we hear. 

16 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

This list shows them as having their 3rd rounder they gave to us for Tyrod- is this list correct aside from that?

No this is not updated. They also gave up 2 picks(1 this year and another next year) for Jarvis landry. And gave up a pick in a trade made with the patriots. So the charts shows 3 picks that shouldn't be there.

Edited by Bills4life1924

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

What if the teams ahead of you , such as the Jets also try to move up? Top ten picks do a lot more talking than a pick at 12. You can't move up just because you want to. The other team has the veto power. 

We are in position to offer 3 firsts in the next 2 drafts. I can’t imagine there was an actual price that we couldn’t afford. Just like we have done from the beginning, we are afraid to over pay for anything and are preaching money ball. We are dicking around trying to get things on our terms. Just pay the goddamn price to get the qb and worry about everything else later.