Jets Board- Allbright retweet - Apprenently R. Cimini source

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

With these quarterbacks it's about projection down the line and big tiem potential. That's what you go for at teh top of teh draft.

This is really weird because the only QB that this actually worked for was Aaron Rodgers and he was drafted at pick 24. Every year there's some "future potential" QB that gets way overdrafted and they never work out. Last year it was Mahomes so I guess we'll see with him. If we want a QB that needs time to develop the pro game why not take Jackson or Rudolph later? Why would you trade up for a QB who isn't anything yet?

2 minutes ago, Looper said:

That's your opinion, but I don't think the Browns share it. Along with the concussion issue, what makes you think he wants to play here ? 

Rosen is not a cookie cutter athlete.  He is an intelligent , thoughtful , and honest person. He was asked a question about the browns and he responded that he would rather be drafted by a team lower in the draft if it was a better fit, than higher and a bad fit.

Browns may be scared off by that ,but  who cares that franchise has ruined top qb prospects left and right. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yes, and I don't believe any bullcrap media assumptions made by Tedy Bruschi. He may have had 1 too many concussions. There is no actual proof that Rosen ever said anything about wanting to play anywhere. He said that it is sometimes advantageous to drop in the draft because you go to a better team, ala Aaaron Rodgers. This is obvious. He said nothing about Cleveland or Buffalo. As a person who worked in media, I can tell you it's media BS. 

Maybe so, but apparently he gave a shout out to the Giants at his pro day. Did he do the same for the Bills ? All of these kids want to go to a winning franchise and I' m sure NY is a more preferred destination than Buff.

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is really weird because the only QB that this actually worked for was Aaron Rodgers and he was drafted at pick 24. Every year there's some "future potential" QB that gets way overdrafted and they never work out. Last year it was Mahomes so I guess we'll see with him. If we want a QB that needs time to develop the pro game why not take Jackson or Rudolph later? Why would you trade up for a QB who isn't anything yet?

It's just projection. Rodgers was an anomaly. Happened one time and teams are going to make sure it never happens again. The draft is about projection and potential. In every sport. When you are drafting at the top you are going for the guy with the most upside. You aren't plugging holes. When you plug holes you draft Eric Fisher #1 or something like Aaron Curry..solid and unspectacular. 

You don't draft Rudolph because he has zero upside and is the same prospect as Nate Peterman, bigger frame, smaller hands, terrible footwork, spread offense, less arm strength. The guy is terrible. You are better off taking a shot on a guy like White or Lauletta later in the draft. Jackson I could see, but it is going to take some big time commitment like the Jets had with Hackenberg, and it is going to force you to pass on quarterbacks like the Jets did with Mahomes and Watson last year.

Get one of Darnold, Allen, or Rosen or don't bother. 

6 minutes ago, Looper said:

Maybe so, but apparently he gave a shout out to the Giants at his pro day. Did he do the same for the Bills ? All of these kids want to go to a winning franchise and I' m sure NY is a more preferred destination than Buff.

This is more media BS man. He said: 

“For me the coolest part of this meeting people from all around the country,” Rosen told Mayock. “I remember sitting in a meeting with the Giants and I kinda double-took it. Coach Shurmur, I just saw your press conference like two weeks ago. This is kinda cool.”

The kid is answering a question. How is this giving the Giants a shout out? This is the media making a story. It's BS. 

Josh Allen said this: 

“Coach Shurmur is a super bright mind. I like him a lot. I actually got the chance to talk to him in Mobile. Sat down with him for a little bit. He’s a really good dude. If I was fortunate enough to play under him, I’d be super stoked,” Allen said.

Why aren't there stories about Allen not wanting to go to Cleveland or Buffalo? Don't believe the hype brother. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, terrytate said:

Rosen is not a cookie cutter athlete.  He is an intelligent , thoughtful , and honest person. He was asked a question about the browns and he responded that he would rather be drafted by a team lower in the draft if it was a better fit, than higher and a bad fit.

Browns may be scared off by that ,but  who cares that franchise has ruined top qb prospects left and right. 

That is simply a veiled comment for "I want to be drafted by a winner"

1 minute ago, Looper said:

If you were a start college qb , and were potentially a top 3 pick  , wouldn't you do everything in your power to avoid playing for the most disasterous organization in sports. 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I disagree with you that the Chiefs over-drafted Mahomes. He was a player that they were keen on for a long time. They had a conviction on him and they took a bold move to get him. Was it a gamble worth taking? After having him in their system for a year they were confident enough in his abilities that they traded away an established qb to make him a starter this upcoming season. 

I'm not against drafting any qb. The issue isn't who is going to be ready the soonest but who in the end is going to be the best qb for you. My belief now and has been is if there is a qb available that you have a conviction on then do what you have to do within reason to get that particular player. If option A isn't available then go after option B, and if option B isn't available then go after option C. If option C is acceptable but less pricey then all the better. The approach that should be taken is that A good solution is better than a perfect solution that doesn't materialize. 

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It's just projection. Rodgers was an anomaly. Happened one time and teams are going to make sure it never happens again. The draft is about projection and potential. In every sport. When you are drafting at the top you are going for the guy with the most upside. You aren't plugging holes. When you plug holes you draft Eric Fisher #1 or something like Aaron Curry..solid and unspectacular. 

You don't draft Rudolph because he has zero upside and is the same prospect as Nate Peterman, bigger frame, smaller hands, terrible footwork, spread offense, less arm strength. The guy is terrible. You are better off taking a shot on a guy like White or Lauletta later in the draft. Jackson I could see, but it is going to take some big time commitment like the Jets had with Hackenberg, and it is going to force you to pass on quarterbacks like the Jets did with Mahomes and Watson last year.

Get one of Darnold, Allen, or Rosen or don't bother. 

This is more media BS man. He said: 

“For me the coolest part of this meeting people from all around the country,” Rosen told Mayock. “I remember sitting in a meeting with the Giants and I kinda double-took it. Coach Shurmur, I just saw your press conference like two weeks ago. This is kinda cool.”

The kid is answering a question. How is this giving the Giants a shout out? This is the media making a story. It's BS. 

Josh Allen said this: 

“Coach Shurmur is a super bright mind. I like him a lot. I actually got the chance to talk to him in Mobile. Sat down with him for a little bit. He’s a really good dude. If I was fortunate enough to play under him, I’d be super stoked,” Allen said.

Why aren't there stories about Allen not wanting to go to Cleveland or Buffalo? Don't believe the hype brother. 

It's a shout-out due to the exclusion of not mentioning Cleveland or Buffalo. Has he said directly that he doesn't want to play in CLE or BUF. No. 

Not as big a deal for Allen to go to CLE or BUF or even DEN. He played in Wyoming while Rosen played in SoCal. Playing in crap weather is not on the top of everyone's list.

1 minute ago, terrytate said:

If you were a start college qb , and were potentially a top 3 pick  , wouldn't you do everything in your power to avoid playing for the most disasterous organization in sports. 

Which one ? Us or CLE ? 

Damn straight I would and would even consider sitting out. 

2 minutes ago, Looper said:

This is what he actually said: 

"I'd rather be a lower pick at the right team than a higher one at the wrong team"

Nothing about Cleveland or Buffalo in there. He also said this: 

"I think the teams know more than I do in the sense of where I'd best fit," he said. "I might be a bit of a unique personality, so hopefully they can pick me apart and if a team really feels that I'm their guy, hopefully they'll go and get me.''

I see nothing wrong with anything. As we all know, the right fit is what is most important. If we want to read into things we can spin it positive:

"He doesn't care about the money or high he gets drafted, winning is everything to Josh Rosen." 

See what I did there????

3 minutes ago, Looper said:

It's a shout-out due to the exclusion of not mentioning Cleveland or Buffalo. Has he said directly that he doesn't want to play in CLE or BUF. No. 

Not as big a deal for Allen to go to CLE or BUF or even DEN. He played in Wyoming while Rosen played in SoCal. Playing in crap weather is not on the top of everyone's list.

Which one ? Us or CLE ? 

Damn straight I would and would even consider sitting out. 

How dare you think we are even close to cleveland's level!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is what he actually said: 

"I'd rather be a lower pick at the right team than a higher one at the wrong team"

Nothing about Cleveland or Buffalo in there. He also said this: 

"I think the teams know more than I do in the sense of where I'd best fit," he said. "I might be a bit of a unique personality, so hopefully they can pick me apart and if a team really feels that I'm their guy, hopefully they'll go and get me.''

I see nothing wrong with anything. As we all know, the right fit is what is most important. If we want to read into things we can spin it positive:

"He doesn't care about the money or high he gets drafted, winning is everything to Josh Rosen." 

See what I did there????

Yep, I see what you did but if you gave Rosen a list of the top 10 teams in the draft and asked him to rank them on where he might want to play, I would pretty much guarantee than CLE/BUF would be on the bottom. You may think otherwise. 

As far as we know, he may have already been told by the Giants that they're taking him. 

1 minute ago, Looper said:

You are making this up dude. This is all your opinion and not based on fact at all. He never said anything like that. Rosen never said anything about weather or anything. YOU are making things up that aren't there to substantiate your opinion. Oh and btw, it's pretty freaking windy and cold in New Jersey too. And if you want to knock Rosen for giving a shout out to the Giants, you have to knock Allen. Allen actually explicitly said he'd be stoked to go play for Shurmur. 

What are you missing here? 

Just now, Looper said:

Yep, I see what you did but if you gave Rosen a list of the top 10 teams in the draft and asked him to rank them on where he might want to play, I would pretty much guarantee than CLE/BUF would be on the bottom. You may think otherwise. 

Says who? This is your opinion based on no actual factual evidence. Unless you know him personally, I'm not sure what to say. 

30 minutes ago, Nanker said:

If we can stay put at 12 and get Baker Mayfield and keep the rest of our picks, I'd be happy. 

That's my opinion, and you're entitled to it.

You really think Miami is going to pass on Mayfield?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Says who? This is your opinion based on no actual factual evidence. Unless you know him personally, I'm not sure what to say. 

Of course it's my opinion - this is a discussion board. I would think most QBs would rather play for the Giants than Buffalo. So what ? 

13 minutes ago, Looper said:

Of course it's my opinion - this is a discussion board. I would think most QBs would rather play for the Giants than Buffalo. So what ? 

Ok fair enough, but you are singling out Rosen. So what is your ultimate point here? 

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Ok fair enough, but you are singling out Rosen. So what is your ultimate point here? 

I don't want to sell the farm for Rosen with his concussion history. Two already that we know of ... and I have an issue withe the "spoiled rich kid" image he seems to project. Immature perhaps, but so is Mayfield. 

What makes you think Rosen would fit here in Buff, both on the field and off ? You ok with (3) #1 picks for a guy that might be out of football with another concussion ? 

3 minutes ago, Looper said:

I don't want to sell the farm for Rosen with his concussion history. Two already that we know of ... and I have an issue withe the "spoiled rich kid" image he seems to project. Immature perhaps, but so is Mayfield. 

What makes you think Rosen would fit here in Buff, both on the field and off ? You ok with (3) #1 picks for a guy that might be out of football with another concussion ? 

Okay cool. So you don't want him, and that is fine. I just hate the media crap that is obviously made up. It's all dramatic stuff. 

I want him because he's good at playing quarterback. On the field his arm can cut through the wind, he is able to read coverages and make amazing throws from inside the pocket. He has good size and height, hands etc. This is the type of quarterback we haven't had in a very long time.  I think the biggest issue is the concussions. I have no problem with the spoiled white kid stuff..or the cockiness. People seem to love the same things about Mayfield but it comes in the form of small, unathletic white trash, so he is confident? We can call him a quitter for leaving Texas Tech, or call him out for making excuses for the 8 uncatchable balls he threw at his pro day.  We can frame things up to be anyway we want them to be. 

To me all that stuff is all semantics. It is the job of the coaches and GMs to make sure a person works in your locker room. This is the NFL, not cumbaya. If McDermott can't get a guy like Rosen to work in his locker room, he should not have a job. If they decide they don't like him, fine, but I think, based on talent and the way he plays, that he is the best quarterback in this draft.