Jets Board- Allbright retweet - Apprenently R. Cimini source

28 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

I know i have been questioning it for months. I dont see it with him and cant believe hes still regarded as the top qb. 

I believe Rosen is this year's best qb, and i am not sure why he is not getting much hype.  I think he rubs people the wrong way  in the media but his coaches and teammates love him.

10 hours ago, MC Hamburg said:

Bean might think that Rosen might fall to us at 12...the character issue might scare off all other teams where Bean has a connection and is not afraid to take a chance on a strong minded QB that speaks his mind...most teams don't like this kind of QB Rookie...they want a yes man

True, but if Rosen does get past 6 and we are still at 12, I hope an am pretty sure they will jump up and do what is necessary to get him. 

31 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

I know i have been questioning it for months. I dont see it with him and cant believe hes still regarded as the top qb. 

I think the league likes Darnold a lot, but a lot of it is projection. I think they see him as a possible Luck type. I also think the league loves Allen way more than the fans. With these quarterbacks it's about projection down the line and big tiem potential. That's what you go for at teh top of teh draft. Not sure it's right, but that's the way it is. . 

2 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

True, but if Rosen does get past 6 and we are still at 12, I hope an am pretty sure they will jump up and do what is necessary to get him. 

I could see Rosen slipping out of the top 5. All it takes is the Giants and Broncos to pass on a quarterback. I would assume we would jump up if he got to 4. 

It happens. Last year the Browns, 49ers, and Jets, all with clear quarterback needs, passed on Watson and Mahomes. When they got to us, we traded out. 

There is  a possibility that Allen and Darnold go high, Rosen and Mayfield slip a bit. We are in a great spot if that is the case. 

11 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

So many armchair GM's banging the table for the QB they like when in reality 1-2 of the total qbs taken (Rds 1-7) might be very good, and the rest will be anywhere from backups to Fringe starters, to out of the league..

Thank God we have a competent GM that isn't going to throw away precious draft capital to move up ,when he could stay put and have the same chances at finding a very good QB .

I agree completely with this premise. But I am not at all that sure that Beane has shown that he is in fact that competent of a GM. He has shown he is not so competent with all the holes he created in the team by getting rid of quality starters, while getting such low value in return for this year except lottery tickets with low odds (draft picks).  As you say, there is no consensus sure thing pick this year at QB.

He also has saddled the team with a huge amount dead cap, while getting so little in return except for more lottery tickets with low odds. 31 and a half million dollars of dead cap that we can't spend on FA to fill the holes he created on our already weak roster.*  If that does not define a desperate gambler, rather than shrewd operator, what does. In fact a majority of his moves have been all about giving up a sure thing in hand for a bunch of low odds lottery tickets. Either he will be lucky at the table and look like a hero, or he will come home broke and unable to make the mortgage payment. That is not shrewd thinker and planner. It is the definition of a gambler. 

I hope he proves me wrong, and does not double down on those low odds tickets by giving them all away on just one big risky gamble to move up into the top 5 positions to draft a QB. We will be left with too few draft choices to fill our many holes, and as he has said, not enough cap space to fill those sorely need holes through FA with quality starters.

Marcell Dareus $14,200,000
Cordy Glenn $9,600,000
Tyrod Taylor

$7,640,000

Edited by simpleman

49 minutes ago, terrytate said:

I believe Rosen is this year's best qb, and i am not sure why he is not getting much hype.  I think he rubs people the wrong way  in the media but his coaches and teammates love him.

Agreed. I watched ucla specifically last year to watch rosen. Its not close to me in terms of throwing the ball. He is by far the best qb in the class. All these supposed off field concerns are nonsense. The concussions are a bit of an issue, but it wouldnt stop me from taking him ahead of any other qb. 

46 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think the league likes Darnold a lot, but a lot of it is projection. I think they see him as a possible Luck type. I also think the league loves Allen way more than the fans. With these quarterbacks it's about projection down the line and big tiem potential. That's what you go for at teh top of teh draft. Not sure it's right, but that's the way it is. . 

I could see Rosen slipping out of the top 5. All it takes is the Giants and Broncos to pass on a quarterback. I would assume we would jump up if he got to 4. 

It happens. Last year the Browns, 49ers, and Jets, all with clear quarterback needs, passed on Watson and Mahomes. When they got to us, we traded out. 

There is  a possibility that Allen and Darnold go high, Rosen and Mayfield slip a bit. We are in a great spot if that is the case. 

How can he be projected ahead of rosen though? Theres nothing he does throwing the ball thats any better than rosen imo. His throwing motion is awful, not as good an arm either. Slightly more athletic yes, but darnold isnt going to be scrambling around a whole lot either. Rosen did not have a lot of top tier talent around him offensively, and he elevated that entire offense

Their defense was awful, and they had to score practically every time they had the ball just to stay in games

Edited by BillsSbSoon

9 hours ago, peterpan said:

So many knocking Allen, yet no one questioning Darnold being annoited the #1 pick.  Go watch a full games highlights of each.  Darnold is the one who should be scrutinized. 

I don't like Darnold either.  He didn't take a step forward last season and doesn't look like he'll ever be the guy everyone creamed their jeans over in 2016.

11 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I've said for months now that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Josh Allen was the guy that Maccagnan really wanted, and who the Jets targeted in the draft. 

After all, Maccagnan is the guy who fell in love with Christian Hackenberg...

And Allen does somewhat remind me of Hackenberg in numerous ways -

Both are the prototypical sized QB you look for. Allen is 6'5", Hack is 6'4".

Both have big hands. Both have very strong arms. Both struggled with their accuracy at times while flashing elite potential at others. both have very similar stats their draft year - both threw 16 TDs and 6 int., had similar comp. %'s, y/a and QB ratings. And both are big time boom or bust prospects. If you hit on either, you're set. Their ceiling is very enticing... 

Hack was a big reach at the top of the 2nd and Allen (IMO) would be a reach at 3. It could happen! 

Ultimately, I think moving to #3 could have also altered their target a bit. They could have thought Allen was their best shot at 6, but now think they have a shot at the top 2 QBs. So I think it could depend on what happens at 1 and 2. I think they may have a hard time passing on Rosen if he's still on the board.

Although, just a thought on Rosen/Jets - is there any possible way Woody Johnson would nix a Rosen pick? With Johnson being good friends with Trump and appointed an ambassador by him? I highly doubt it would factor in in any way,  but hey it sure would be nice if they passed on him for such a dumb reason like that, right?!  

i don't know of anyone else who would compare Allen with Hackenberg favorably. Hackenburg was never thought to be the best like some do with Allen. 

1 hour ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Agreed. I watched ucla specifically last year to watch rosen. Its not close to me in terms of throwing the ball. He is by far the best qb in the class. All these supposed off field concerns are nonsense. The concussions are a bit of an issue, but it wouldnt stop me from taking him ahead of any other qb. 

How can he be projected ahead of rosen though? Theres nothing he does throwing the ball thats any better than rosen imo. His throwing motion is awful, not as good an arm either. Slightly more athletic yes, but darnold isnt going to be scrambling around a whole lot either. Rosen did not have a lot of top tier talent around him offensively, and he elevated that entire offense

Their defense was awful, and they had to score practically every time they had the ball just to stay in games

I love Rosen and he is my number one guy. He is my favorite player in this draft and my favorite quarterback prospect since Luck. 

I guess some teams are turned off by Rosen or the concussions. I agree with you, but Allen has a higher ceiling with a much lower floor. Remember that Trubisky and Mahomes when before Watson last year because they had the bigger ceiling. NFL teams and scouts are often all over the place with these things. 

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I love Rosen and he is my number one guy. He is my favorite player in this draft and my favorite quarterback prospect since Luck. 

I guess some teams are turned off by Rosen or the concussions. I agree with you, but Allen has a higher ceiling with a much lower floor. Remember that Trubisky and Mahomes when before Watson last year because they had the bigger ceiling. NFL teams and scouts are often all over the place with these things. 

Would you want Rosen still if you knew he might not want to play here ? 

26 minutes ago, Looper said:

Rosen 

The best qb in the draft?   yeah i sure don't want that guy

27 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Who is trading up to 4

besides us you have denver, arizona and maybe a surprise team like Miami.  

Just now, terrytate said:

The best qb in the draft?   yeah i sure don't want that guy

That's your opinion, but I don't think the Browns share it. Along with the concussion issue, what makes you think he wants to play here ? 

7 minutes ago, Looper said:

Would you want Rosen still if you knew he might not want to play here ? 

Yes, and I don't believe any bullcrap media assumptions made by Tedy Bruschi. He may have had 1 too many concussions. There is no actual proof that Rosen ever said anything about wanting to play anywhere. He said that it is sometimes advantageous to drop in the draft because you go to a better team, ala Aaaron Rodgers. This is obvious. He said nothing about Cleveland or Buffalo. As a person who worked in media, I can tell you it's media BS.