Jets Board- Allbright retweet - Apprenently R. Cimini source

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

Rosen will go first to the Browns.  Now that the Jets jumped up, they can't wait to take a QB at 4.

Don’t think the Browns will go with either Rosen or Mayfield. It is most likely Darnold with Allen being the wild card.

There was a report which mentioned Dorsey said something about steering clear of Rosen and I believe this was prior to him getting the GM job with Cleveland. Plus with Rosen’s preference to not play in Cleveland leads me to believe he won’t be their guy.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2017/12/26/cleveland-browns-dorsey-rosen-fan/

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/john_dorsey_says_report_he_sai.html

Edited by billieve420

I hate draft time.

99% of ppl will be wrong and after the draft, never spoken of again. 

So many armchair GM's banging the table for the QB they like when in reality 1-2 of the total qbs taken (Rds 1-7) might be very good, and the rest will be anywhere from backups to Fringe starters, to out of the league..

Thank God we have a competent GM that isn't going to throw away precious draft capital to move up ,when he could stay put and have the same chances at finding a very good QB .

• Like (+1) 3

I think our best case scenario is:

1) Darnold

2) Giants - Barkley

3) Allen

4) Browns want Barkley but he's gone, guard is one of their few strengths, are willing to take the quantity of draft picks to move down to 12 where they are still likely to get an impact defensive player.  We take Rosen

5) Broncos get Baker, won't trade up with Browns knowing they'll get Baker or Rosen.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Exactly. His best throws are so much better than anyone else's best throws. They are jaw dropping. Obviously not consistent enough, and maybe he never well be. But I can see why people can get enamored of his potential. If the Bills ended up with him, I'd hold my breath and pray, but he surely would be interesting for a while.

I want a Jim Kelly/John Elway/Roethlisberger mold franchise QB - tough, doesn't mind playing in sh*t weather, and a gamer.  I don't discount Allen as I think he's the closest to Kelly/Elway/Roethlisberger with a few more years of development. Blue collar town - I want a blue collar QB.

Edited by Looper

29 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Mayfield drops to 12 I would be happy 

I still think we would have to leap Miami if Mayfield drops. I would try to get to #9 where SF is if that happens. They would drop 3 spots I think. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Apparently a retweet of some dude's tweet of what Cimini purportedly said about a source's knowledge of the NYJ QB board is comforting.  :lol:

Figured we could use a little hope, even though it is crap...

50 minutes ago, zevo said:

It is amazing to me how everybody is so sure Allen is going to suck...granted I don’t want to trade up for him....but I have no clue regarding who will bust or be a stud 

Allen looks like a stud to me...biggest arm in the draft and seemed to be pretty accurate...I would take him

53 minutes ago, zevo said:

It is amazing to me how everybody is so sure Allen is going to suck...granted I don’t want to trade up for him....but I have no clue regarding who will bust or be a stud 

I agree.

I wonder if the people that say he will suck even have watched him play at all? 

I've said for months now that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Josh Allen was the guy that Maccagnan really wanted, and who the Jets targeted in the draft. 

After all, Maccagnan is the guy who fell in love with Christian Hackenberg...

And Allen does somewhat remind me of Hackenberg in numerous ways -

Both are the prototypical sized QB you look for. Allen is 6'5", Hack is 6'4".

Both have big hands. Both have very strong arms. Both struggled with their accuracy at times while flashing elite potential at others. both have very similar stats their draft year - both threw 16 TDs and 6 int., had similar comp. %'s, y/a and QB ratings. And both are big time boom or bust prospects. If you hit on either, you're set. Their ceiling is very enticing... 

Hack was a big reach at the top of the 2nd and Allen (IMO) would be a reach at 3. It could happen! 

Ultimately, I think moving to #3 could have also altered their target a bit. They could have thought Allen was their best shot at 6, but now think they have a shot at the top 2 QBs. So I think it could depend on what happens at 1 and 2. I think they may have a hard time passing on Rosen if he's still on the board.

Although, just a thought on Rosen/Jets - is there any possible way Woody Johnson would nix a Rosen pick? With Johnson being good friends with Trump and appointed an ambassador by him? I highly doubt it would factor in in any way,  but hey it sure would be nice if they passed on him for such a dumb reason like that, right?!  

• Like (+1) 1

Bean might think that Rosen might fall to us at 12...the character issue might scare off all other teams where Bean has a connection and is not afraid to take a chance on a strong minded QB that speaks his mind...most teams don't like this kind of QB Rookie...they want a yes man