How to get to Pick #2

3 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

20% of top three picks for QB are busts.  Throw that into you equation.  We could lose all those players AND get a dud for a QB.

3 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

20% of top three picks for QB are busts.  Throw that into you equation.  We could lose all those players AND get a dud for a QB.

You just said it though...4 out of 5 top three pickes for QB are successful.. I will take that odds anytime.

The only reason there is to move up to 2 is if you think the Jets are taking your guy. If they aren't taking your guy, picks 4-10 are not qb needy teams assuming browns take a QB at 1. If the Bills can determine who the Jets want they will have a huge advantage. If not, they could move up to be safe.

Edited by YoloinOhio

15 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Whatever we need to give up I'm fine with it.

Quarterback is too important in this league. We gotta do whatever it takes it to trade up and get our guy. 

Who is our guy ????

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Who is our guy ????

Only the Bills know that. They clearly think he’s going in the top 12, due to the trade up that already occurred. Likely higher since they explored going up to 3, per the Colts. That’s as much as we know, today. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Only the Bills know that. They clearly think he’s going in the top 12, due to the trade up that already occurred. Likely higher since they explored going up to 3, per the Colts. That’s as much as we know, today. 

Yah but did we really wanted to move to #3 ? Or was it all about making someone else pay a little more to get to #3 ? 

Maybe the guy/QB we really want could be there at 12 ?

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

Yah but did we really wanted to move to #3 ? Or was it all about making someone else pay a little more to get to #3 ? 

Maybe the guy/QB we really want could be there at 12 ?

I think they wanted to find out what the market was for going to #3 from #12. Period. Whether they would have gone there, should the Colts have been willing to move down there that far, i don’t know. Could be related to them actually going to 2 or 4 and using the info in those negotiations. What it does say is they believe their guy is going higher than 12, closer to top 5.

Edited by YoloinOhio

17 hours ago, BBillsWestCoast said:

Option A: Trade #12  + #22 + our 2019 #1

Oddly, I'm more OK with this trade than giving up additional 2nd and 3rd round picks this year.   I want those four 2018 picks in round 2-3 to be used on quality starters to plug holes this year.   Not having a #1 in 2019 would be  acceptable if the Bills found their franchise guy this year...

14 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Top 10 pick next year.....really?

We just made the playoffs

And at this point in the season, with a tougher schedule and an arguably weaker team--plus no help yet from Andy Dalton--it strikes me as not outside the realm of likelihood...

Edited by Lurker

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they wanted to find out what the market was for going to #3 from #12. Period. Whether they would have gone there, should the Colts have been willing to move down there that far, i don’t know. Could be related to them actually going to 2 or 4 and using the info in those negotiations. What it does say is they believe their guy is going higher than 12, closer to top 5.

I guess my question would be are we competing for the same QB as the Jets ? 

If the answer is yes then I guess we must get to #2  or we stay put at 12 and get BPA 

5 hours ago, Ga boy said:

Here's a reality check:  forgetabout trading up.  Not gonna happen.  If GM didn't want to outbid Jets for #3, why would he go all in for #1 or #2.  I think he got to #12 so that he can leap frog Miami with Oakland to get whoever is left.   

I have been hearing a rumor that we may stay put unless Josh Allen drops to #4 and Cleveland is willing to trade with us. I am not sure we can get Cleveland to budge though unless we move up again between slots 6-9.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BBillsWestCoast said:

I have been hearing a rumor that we may stay put unless Josh Allen drops to #4 and Cleveland is willing to trade with us. I am not sure we can get Cleveland to budge though unless we move up again between slots 6-9.

I think that is where we need to be to get NYG to trade with us...Also where did you hear this rumor?

Edited by Reed83HOF

I really don't understand all of this nonsense with people here wanting to sandbag our picks to "fill other positions of need"...  That has been the philosophy of this bumbling organization for 20 years and look how well that has worked out!  I often wonder if these same fans calling for this bulls**t have even watched the bills over the last 20 years, and if they have they should probably not admit to it.

There is no position in football that is harder to fill than the QB position.  If there is ever a "good" potential of snagging a franchise QB you absolutely sell the entire f***ing farm, the dog and maybe even a sibling or two for that chance.  If it pays off, think of all the HIGH draft picks you're going to save over the next 8-10 years!  If it does't, at least you can take solace in the fact that you tried and we don't end up watching another team blast off with the QB we were going to let "fall" to us at #12 pick overall. 

Bottom line: All of the other positions of need or "holes" on this roster can be filled much easier via free agency, trade or future draft picks.

There's no question that this draft class is special when it comes to potential signal callers...  Another opportunity like this may not show again for years to come.  Takes THOSE miserable draft years to plug the f***ing roster holes.

1 hour ago, Putin said:

I guess my question would be are we competing for the same QB as the Jets ? 

If the answer is yes then I guess we must get to #2  or we stay put at 12 and get BPA 

No one knows that. Also, every team has a plan A and plan b. So it depends how close A and B are. As someone suggested, the only way this trade make sense for the jets to give up 3 2nd rd picks to move up only 3 spots, and only guarantee them the 3rd QB off the board, is if they love 3 of the QBs close to the same way and there is a big gap after that. They gave up way too much if not, and should have stayed at 6

For the Browns, it is rumored that they have Darnold and then (big gap) Mayfield. So if that is the case, QB plan A and B aren’t close and they need to take Darnold 1st, not wait to take Mayfield later. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I think that is where we need to be to get NYG to trade with us...Also where did you hear this rumor?

I have read about several articles that say Rosen and Allen over and over. Darnold will go #1, so no reason to talk about him. The guy that does not have to throw at the combine usually goes #1.

Albright has been my primary source and other guys that hear the early word are the ones I trust. Anything I hear after January is usually BS or because of moves made in FA.

https://buffalofootballbeat.com/2018/03/14/smokescreen-or-interest-report-indicates-connect-buffalo-bills-to-josh-allen/

Rosen fits the system the best and is a win now guy, but his injury history to me puts him almost at the same level as Allen. I do believe Rosen and his efficiency are the match, however Beane probably knows who the Giants are targeting already and the cost to get to #2. IF, the Giants are taking a QB, then we are screwed anyways, but word has it that NYG have to win now and they still have time to develop another guy or wait another 2 years to grab someone. The words that the Giants GM have said are, we will take a gold jacket guy at #2 or move down. There are 2 gold jacket guys in the LG and RB. I almost cannot imagine them passing on the running back which is good news for us. I think that may open the door for the #4 pick. The Jets want Rosen. He is more of a sure thing than all of the top 4 QBs. He fits their system.

Allen will NOT pass pick #5, because Elway sees himself on roids. I just think Denver is best off staying put, because they can get a sure blue chipper on defense or possibly the LG.

I believe that if Rosen is there at 4 they would freak out, because he is the guy, however Allen could be a bust, so more risk and they may sit and let him drop. Denver could move up one slot and get him at 4 which means that Mayfield could be the guy too. Mayfield is a winner, but his size will definitely make him drop. IF Miami or AZ want Mayfield, then we will have competition. 

The Bills have to be realistic and if Allen falls out of the top 3, then Allen has to be the guy over Mayfield (attitude and size does not match McBeane). I think Mayfield is going to be a better Chad Pennington, Rosen is polished enough to win in the playoffs early. he is also the smartest when it comes to learning a playbook. They would have taken Rosen at 3, but they did have a top 6 pick to move up, so the Colts could still get one of their top 3 players. Allen will take more time, but that is OK. His arm is sick and he proved at the combine that he can deliver all of the throws. Say what you want but that dude looked the best at the combine to me and he had a weak receiving core who dropped a lot of balls.

The deep ball is a bonus and will work as we will be run first with play-action. Plus the plays are simplistic and not like the west coast with a ton of verbiage. Allen will be able to take a hit and Rosen is more fragile. McBean said that they want players that are available 99% of the time. Rosen will need a superior offensive line and does not move well in the pocket. Allen is creative and can sprint. 

Allen scares the Sh*T out of me, but I would take the chance. He is a more humble less polished Jim Kelly. He also isn't another LA dude that doesn't know weather. 

The Bills Board at QB

Darnold has to be the Browns guy

Rosen (#2-#3)

Allen (#2-#5)

Mayfield (#5-11) if the Jets want him at 3 I would not shocked

Lamar (top of round 2)

White (round 3-4)

If you believe the the Giants will trade with us, then we will move up and trade with the SF 49ers before the draft before we trade with NY. I would also suspect the Giants will want our 2019 1st round pick to sweeten the deal. McBean need to keep at least 5-6 picks this year. Cleveland to me may be the team we trade with, unless Rosen is just so the guy that we do not want the Jets to take him.

McD believes they can win with defense and a great offensive line, so do not be surprised if we move to 9 and take the best player available. We can live one more year and trade the house next year for a QB if the cost is ridiculous. 

Will I lose sleep, because I am sick of the BS. HELL YES!!!! I want a friggin QB.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No one knows that. Also, every team has a plan A and plan b. So it depends how close A and B are. As someone suggested, the only way this trade make sense for the jets to give up 3 2nd rd picks to move up only 3 spots, and only guarantee them the 3rd QB off the board, is if they love 3 of the QBs close to the same way and there is a big gap after that. They gave up way too much if not, and should have stayed at 6

For the Browns, it is rumored that they have Darnold and then (big gap) Mayfield. So if that is the case, QB plan A and B aren’t close and they need to take Darnold 1st, not wait to take Mayfield later. 

I completely agree. The Browns are changing the franchise. 

36 minutes ago, BBillsWestCoast said:

Will I lose sleep, because I am sick of the BS. HELL YES!!!! I want a friggin QB.

Thanks for responding! I'm quite sure we have to move up a bit to help NYG get Nelson; give Dave G his gold jacket guy. I think Rosen is our guy, but Allen wouldn't surprise me though...

i was just wondering if you had an inside tip or not :)

Pretty hard to get to two now. But if the Bills want to move up we can offer NY something no one else can----LeSean McCoy, one of the best running backs in the league. Would the Giants accept & would the Bills part with the picks & our best player ?

5 hours ago, 1st&ten said:

Pretty hard to get to two now. But if the Bills want to move up we can offer NY something no one else can----LeSean McCoy, one of the best running backs in the league. Would the Giants accept & would the Bills part with the picks & our best player ?

McCoy is probably worth a 3rd or 4th because of age, but if they truly want to win now. He is definitely another asset. His leadership would be a major loss to the Bills. I am mentally exhausted and can't imagine how Beane figures out this mess. If we trade up again a few slots then we can make something happen.