How to get to Pick #2

Option A: Trade #12  + #22 + our 2019 #1; I believe that Gettleman and Buffalo have a deal IF, McBeane can give them 2 first round picks this year, plus next years 1st which should be a top 10, because our schedule is so tough. I still believe that Rosen is the target. The Jets knew we had a deal in place and made their best move, because Allen or Mayfield fit their system.

#12 + #22 + our 2019 #1 = #2

Note: we could possibly give them a 2nd and 3rd rounder next year instead of the 2019 1st, but they have all of the leverage.

This leaves Buffalo with #2, #53, #56, #65, #96, #121 and #187. 

Next year we have serious cash to land free agents. 

Option B: SF needs another 2nd rounder and with Pick#9 and Pick#12 plus a late pick we are at #2; I believe that Gettleman and Buffalo have a deal IF, McBeane can give them 2 high first round picks this year. I still believe that Rosen is the target. The Jets knew we had a deal in place and made their best move, because Allen or Mayfield fit their system

#22, #56 and #65 = #9

#12 + #9 + #166 = #2

This leaves Buffalo with #2, #53, #121 and #187 and they do not need to give up next years #1 pick which should be a top 10.

Reality is that they trade picks for 2019 somewhere in these packages, because 4 picks won't cut it this year.

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It is possible that the Jets know the Bills are getting up there and they decided to jump the Broncos. Either that and they know that the Giants are taking a quarterback. Either way, something told them they need to get to three right now. 

Until we see something different, I think we just need to live with the likely reality either the Giants pick is unavailable or the asking price makes the RG3 trade look light.  The Jets likely moved up to the highest available pick.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Until we see something different, I think we just need to live with the likely reality either the Giants pick is unavailable or the asking price makes the RG3 trade look light.  The Jets likely moved up to the highest available pick.

I am under the assumption that the Giants would not give that pic to the Jets at any price but another team would be possible

1 hour ago, BBillsWestCoast said:

Option A: Trade #12  + #22 + our 2019 #1; I believe that Gettleman and Buffalo have a deal IF, McBeane can give them 2 first round picks this year, plus next years 1st which should be a top 10, because our schedule is so tough.

This is where I stopped reading. Every year the schedule is "tough".

This defeatist nonsense got old a decade ago.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1

The Giants ONLY have 5 picks this year.  If the Bills offer both #1's, a #2, a #3 (65), plus a 2nd next year and maybe swapping a 4th for a 6th, this could be very temping.  Plus you could also do more next year.

Trade 12, 21, 53, 65, 2nd, and 3rd next year for #2, a 6th this year and a 4th next year. 

we trade 4 picks for 2 this year and 2 for 1 next year.  

Giants get 6 picks for 3.  Eli gets help this year!  

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think 12, 22 and a 2019 1st would be anywhere near enough to get to #2.

Not when you look at the draft value charts, and especially what the Jets just gave up. 

The #2 pick is worth 2600. 

Our two 1sts this year are worth 1980. 

Picks in next year's draft are said to be worth 1 round lower - so a 1st is worth a 2nd - so somewhere between 270 and 580 points. So say 425 points which is the middle. 

1980 + 425 = 2405. 

We are still 200 points short of giving them back equal value. They will want more than equal value. The Jets gave up 600 extra draft points to move up 3 spots, and the Colts only moved back to 6.

What do you think it'll tak to move up from 12 to 2?

My best guess when looking at the draft pick value charts is this -

both 1sts, both 2nds, both 3rds this year = 3071 points. Which is 471 extra points.

Jets gave up roughly 600 extra draft points, and most all of those draft points are in this year's draft (1st and 2 of the 3 2nds). 

So you probably have to add in a 2nd next year. 

So the final trade would look like (to give similar value to what the Jets just gave) -

Two 1sts

Two 2nds

Two 3rds this year

+

2nd next year

for 

#2 this year. 

Maybe you can keep a couple picks this year if you're willing to give up a couple picks next year. But the Giants might want back picks that are 1 round higher if we push them off to next year (so to keep a 2nd this year it'll cost a 1st next year or something like that). 

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=BUF

feel free to play around with the values yourselves. The link above is the draft value chart. 

And here's another supposed updated version. Both come out with about the same cost for the Bills when looking at the Jets trade up. 

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/4/23/15398184/2017-nfl-draft-creating-a-brand-new-nfl-draft-value-trade-chart

1 hour ago, BBillsWestCoast said:

Option A: Trade #12  + #22 + our 2019 #1; I believe that Gettleman and Buffalo have a deal IF, McBeane can give them 2 first round picks this year, plus next years 1st which should be a top 10, because our schedule is so tough. I still believe that Rosen is the target. The Jets knew we had a deal in place and made their best move, because Allen or Mayfield fit their system.

#12 + #22 + our 2019 #1 = #2

Note: we could possibly give them a 2nd and 3rd rounder next year instead of the 2019 1st, but they have all of the leverage.

This leaves Buffalo with #2, #53, #56, #65, #96, #121 and #187. 

Next year we have serious cash to land free agents. 

Option B: SF needs another 2nd rounder and with Pick#9 and Pick#12 plus a late pick we are at #2; I believe that Gettleman and Buffalo have a deal IF, McBeane can give them 2 high first round picks this year. I still believe that Rosen is the target. The Jets knew we had a deal in place and made their best move, because Allen or Mayfield fit their system

#22, #56 and #65 = #9

#12 + #9 + #166 = #2

This leaves Buffalo with #2, #53, #121 and #187 and they do not need to give up next years #1 pick which should be a top 10.

Reality is that they trade picks for 2019 somewhere in these packages, because 4 picks won't cut it this year.

Your first scenario is way too light.. it’s going to take a lot more than that.  Probably have to include both 2s this year as well.  They pretty much have to sell the farm if they want a chance at #2

I dont see them trading into the top 5 anymore.  Possibly to 8 or 9 if they trade up at all now.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11

Stay put at 12.

Start McCarron.  Ride him to a 1-5 record.  Buckle under pressure and toss in either Peterman or your 1st Round QB Pick (who isn't ready).  Finish 3-13 and then have Another High First Round Draft pick.  Then hear calls from fans and pressure from ownership to draft another QB in 2019.  And potentially be fired.

This wheel starts to roll...if Beane doesn't undo the damage done today.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't like the idea of giving up our firsts, seconds, and thirds for one pick.  Sure we'd have a possible franchise QB, but we'd also have quite a few more holes in the roster that wouldn't be filled with quality.  If Beane stays put we could get a nice group of 3 or 4 really good players ready to step in right away, especially defensively.  A great QB is a great path to the Super Bowl, but its not the ONLY path. Denver won the Super Bowl without great QB play in 2015/16. They won that Super Bowl despite Peyton Manning.

49 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Stay put at 12.

Start McCarron.  Ride him to a 1-5 record.  Buckle under pressure and toss in either Peterman or your 1st Round QB Pick (who isn't ready).  Finish 3-13 and then have Another High First Round Draft pick.  Then hear calls from fans and pressure from ownership to draft another QB in 2019.  And potentially be fired.

This wheel starts to roll...if Beane doesn't undo the damage done today.

LOL. I hope not. I like McBean

46 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I don't see any path to the 2nd pick for the Bills.  Giants will be able to shake the Jets down for a couple 3rd rounders like 49ers did last year with Trubisky.  And Giants will still get Barkley at 3.  

sadly you may be correct

1 hour ago, PIP said:

I am under the assumption that the Giants would not give that pic to the Jets at any price but another team would be possible

I agree and the Bills may be able to grab a future guy at 4? 

1 minute ago, BBillsWestCoast said:

LOL. I hope not. I like McBean

sadly you may be correct

I like Beane too.  But who has more experience watching Gms get themselves fired by ignoring or out thinking the QB position than Buffalo Fans do?  We should know this story if you want to pass the buck AGAIN on the position.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Top 10 pick next year.....really?

We just made the playoffs

With Tyrod throwing only 4 picks. Look at next years schedule and our QB/Offensive line. We over achieved talent wise for sure. Name a receiver that will catch 65 balls and look at the center to the right side of our line. Who are our line backers? No nickel corner. AJ is unproven. 

Miami, Baltimore and the Colts we could beat and every team beyond that is questionable.

Home: Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Los Angeles Chargers

Away: Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Baltimore Ravens

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I literally don’t care what it costs. Whatever it is, I would rather have the issue of dealing with the lost picks then dealing with not getting Darnold or Rosen. Il sign up for the problem of “having the qb and filling out the roster for a change.” I’m tired of the other way around.

I Agree!