How The Jets Changed Everything

H2o

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

It's not pay back, the Jets just threw down decided to make their strongest play and gave up a bevy of picks. Of course Indy took that deal. We weren't willing to do that apparently or just maybe, Beane has a deal with the Giants.

Or the Bills didn't have a high pick to offer , but the Jets did. 

3 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Fair enough, but at this point I’m not sure what the team plans on doing with all the spare $$. 

I’ll agree with all of that, if the amassing of draft picks result in a top QB. 

We aquired some nice pieces in FA, and moved up 9 spots for a LT that we didn't need!

8 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Nick Foles says Hi.

Blake Bortles says Hi.

Case Keenum says Hi.

All had their teams a win away from the SB. Foles won it.

All were viewed as below average-average at best last year. They had great teams though , so they didn't need to play great.

How has that worked for Stafford,Rivers for example. 

Even if we hit on a QB , you still need a great team behind him. We have a chance to build a great team with 5 picks in first 65 selections. If we take a QB at 12 or 22, that's fine with me. Just cannot see Beane mortgaging the future for the available qbs

Bortles held his team back, and Keenum did have a great season (yet the Vikings parted with him). Foles (won’t be starter next season) made the playoffs based off the work of Wentz. He happened to get hot at the right time. Foles already had an incredible season with Chip Kelly. He has shown to be a streaky player who can light it up at times. Foles is a talented QB who can look elite, or just plain awful. McCarron doesn’t have the skill set of Foles. McCarron projects as a game managing backup QB. I don’t discount the point that you made. I just don’t think that the NFL has changed to the point where you can use these examples as the template to success. You still need a real QB. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

34 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Glenn was traded to save $$  because Dawkins stepped in as a rookie and played very well at LT. There is no hole created, the hole was plugged when Buffalo traded up to get Dawkins. Now we're paying our starting LT a rookie contract for the next 3 years.. He would have likely been cut anyway! 

Poppycock.  Glenn wouldn’t have been cut!

46 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Everybody and their mother knew Wentz n Goff were going 1 and 2. They were highly regarded as potential franchise qbs and those two were on a level and every other QB was below.

There's 4 QB that you can make an argument for one being better than the other, there isn't a clear cut guy. Why waste so much precious draft capital on one?? 

I could see if McD has been here for years and they had a roster full of their guys, but it's year 2 and still laying the foundation, those picks are extremely valuable to a 2nd year GM and HC,

If we miss yet again on a quarterback in this draft were in worse shape than we were last year with the quarterbacks that we now have. Its more years of mediocrity. Just get a GD quarterback.

30 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

worse???? our passing game is going to at least double in production.

Based on what? A career backup who started four games several years ago? Come on.

31 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Or the Bills didn't have a high pick to offer , but the Jets did. 

That could well be. Absolutely.

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

If we miss yet again on a quarterback in this draft were in worse shape than we were last year with the quarterbacks that we now have. Its more years of mediocrity. Just get a GD quarterback.

The Bills tried to trade into the Colts spot at 3. The Colts took an offer from a team with a higher draft position and moved down only 3 spots. I'm curious how you would suggest they go about drafting this QB if no team is willing to move down out of the top ten? 

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Based on what? A career backup who started four games several years ago? Come on.

based on our starting qb didn't make one ounce of improvement in 3yrs and we had one of the lamest passing attacks in the league. we could bring fitz back and he would look like an all pro compared to what we are used to seeing.

42 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

If the Jests aren't actually looking at a QB, are they trying to force the Bills to panic and give up a crapton of picks to jump ahead of them?

If this is the case, the Jets are really dim.  Does Bean strike anyone here as the personality type to "panic"?  And panic over what?  The Jets decision making?  Please, the Jets have made some really goofy decisions over the years, and all of the sudden now they are shrewd?  And can anticipate Bean's temperment?  That is comical.  I cannot imagine a scenario where Beane accumulates draft picks to casually forfeit them to draft a notoriously suspect QB; and by that I mean any 5 of the "hot" prospects.  The Bills have too many holes are positions with no depth.  Why risk that for one player....and an iffy one at that?  This stated, the Jets panicked and over paid.  No question. 

Really working for Stafford, Rivers, Carr , Winston, Mariota . I can keep going. How many playoff wins between those franchise QB????? How many appearances???? I thought the objective was to WIN, not be able to throw for 4000 yards and Lose. 

The game is changing. QB play is declining. Average QB can win a SB.

6 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

That could well be. Absolutely.

Getting a QB just to get a QB smacks of EJ desperation.  

2 minutes ago, IndyMark said:

If this is the case, the Jets are really dim.  Does Bean strike anyone here as the personality type to "panic"?  And panic over what?  The Jets decision making?  Please, the Jets have made some really goofy decisions over the years, and all of the sudden now they are shrewd?  And can anticipate Bean's temperment?  That is comical.  I cannot imagine a scenario where Beane accumulates draft picks to casually forfeit them to draft a notoriously suspect QB; and by that I mean any 5 of the "hot" prospects.  The Bills have too many holes are positions with no depth.  Why risk that for one player....and an iffy one at that?  This stated, the Jets panicked and over paid.  No question. 

It's been done before.

That said, I agree that they are miscalculating if their sole purpose was to force the Bills to use up their draft picks to move up to 2. However, if they are not looking for a QB, I'm sure there is someone else they are targeting that they did not believe would last to 6.

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills tried to trade into the Colts spot at 3. The Colts took an offer from a team with a higher draft position and moved down only 3 spots. I'm curious how you would suggest they go about drafting this QB if no team is willing to move down out of the top ten? 

Well the short story is we don't know anything really. We don't know what was offered if anything. All we can do is wait this out. Hindsight is 20-20 but right now we don't know if they even had a serious negotiation. Factors most of us on this board saw the goings-on, trading are starting quarterback, all the Machinations to move up and saw it as a chance to get a franchise quarterback. Right now all that is in question and it could be frustrating if we end up with the quarterbacks we now have on opening day.

7 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

based on our starting qb didn't make one ounce of improvement in 3yrs and we had one of the lamest passing attacks in the league. we could bring fitz back and he would look like an all pro compared to what we are used to seeing.

Pnward to mediocrity again. Let's hope not.

Well the short story is we don't know anything really. We don't know what was offered if anything. All we can do is wait this out. Hindsight is 20-20 but right now we don't know if they even had a serious negotiation. Factors most of us on this board saw the goings-on, trading are starting quarterback, all the Machinations to move up and saw it as a chance to get a franchise quarterback. Right now all that is in question and it could be frustrating if we end up with the quarterbacks we now have on opening day.

McShay said he was told the Bills were involved. The picks and the moves made to acquire them point to this, and it's not surprising. If no team in the top of the draft is willing to move to 12, how do you suggest that the Bills " just get a GD QB". 

Which QB would you take ? At what spot?  Or would you try to acquire a QB some other way? 

8 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

1. Cleveland - Darnold QB

2. NY Giants - Barkley RB

3. NY Jets - Rosen QB

4. (TRADE) Bills - Allen QB

NEVER WANTED ROSEN NOT A MCBEAN PLAYER.

I am fine with this and Allen in my opinion will be the next Elway.

Have 4 QBs ever been taken at spots 1-4 in the NFL draft? I can't see this happening 

Just now, Green Lightning said:

I agree, that's why I wanted one of the top three rated quarterbacks in his quarterback rich draft.

Just now, Green Lightning said:

I agree, that's why I wanted one of the top three rated quarterbacks in his quarterback rich draft.

And he can get one if he trade up.  

An an entire day of posts and it still comes down to how Beane feels about these guys.  If he feels one is as good as you seem to think, he can move up.  If not, he won't 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

McShay said he was told the Bills were involved. The picks and the moves made to acquire them point to this, and it's not surprising. If no team in the top of the draft is willing to move to 12, how do you suggest that the Bills " just get a GD QB". 

Which QB would you take ? At what spot?  Or would you try to acquire a QB some other way? 

Wow, the Bills were involved. Nobody has any idea what that means it what was offered. Until we do, it's moot. Maybe there's nothing we could have done, we don't know. But pardon me for not being excited for a year of AJ McCarron and Nathan Peterson.