Have we gotten wonderlic scores for the QB prospects?

3 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Most of the guys you guys are citing haven’t played in two decades. The game has changed.

Definitely.  Since the defenses can not play the passing game as physical as they used to, they have to disguise coverages and the QB has to be able to recognize this.  

12 hours ago, mileena said:

Speak for yourself.

I mean I wouldn't take it personally... let alone let it bother  you

hes a Harvard graduate , he can be on Wall Street , he is smarter than most people 

I've always prided myself on academics, and earning a masters was a great moment... I also couldn't get into Harvard even with a 3.7 gpa

my original statement was tongue and cheek don't take it personal ?

Edited by Buffalo716

18 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Fitz had one of the highest scores recorded....

And how many millions has a guy with very pedestrian physical ability made in the NFL?    Intelligence matters, as Fitz's whole career demonstrates...

18 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Yeah?

i think the ability to rapidly process information is important in a qb. Apparently you don’t.

No, not when he is sitting at a desk. I need to know how he does on the field.

Edited by Boca BIlls

15 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

How did Terry Bradshaw do?

Different era, IMO.   Bradshaw thew about 23 passes a game and had a career completion percentage of 51.9%.    Not much brainpower needed in those days...

I’m not sure what to think of the wonderlic. Tee Martin scored an 11 and is a highly thought of offensive coordinator. Marino, Kelly and Bradshaw are in the HOF with low scores. 

For me, I would probably just need a certain number (maybe 20) to be comfortable with a QB. I would really care from there. 23 vs. 30 wouldn’t really impact my decision making if I were a GM. 

29 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

https://qbscores.wordpress.com/wonderlic-scores/

Here's a good list.

It means nothing.

Single digit scores I would question literacy.  And any score in 30 or above you know you are getting a smart football player.  Teams still give the wonderlic test.  They must use results for some sort of evauluating

BTW that test is challenging with the time.  I just took it and only made it to question 41.  If I were coaching a prospect on how to take it- read question- if it takes longer then 5 seconds to figure- make an educated guess(mostly multiiple choice) and go to next question

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Single digit scores I would question literacy.  And any score in 30 or above you know you are getting a smart football player.  Teams still give the wonderlic test.  They must use results for some sort of evauluating

You obvously don't want a dummy, but Marino, Kelly, McNabb, VY,  John David Booty, Charlie Batch, Chris Redman, Randall Cunningham, Heath Shuler, Elvis Grbac, etc all scored in the 14-16 range.

What does that tell anyone?

Edited by Chicken Boo

The Wonderlic is a joke of a test and may just be in place to make sure you're not an idiot.  It doesn't measure processing speed which is a subtest of the most reputable cognitive tests available.  It also doesn't measure the ability to learn and retrieve new information which is also an important quality for a QB.

12 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Definitely.  Since the defenses can not play the passing game as physical as they used to, they have to disguise coverages and the QB has to be able to recognize this.  

yeah the game has changed---QBing in the league sucks now

36 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

You obvously don't want a dummy, but Marino, Kelly, McNabb, VY,  John David Booty, Charlie Batch, Chris Redman, Randall Cunningham, Heath Shuler, Elvis Grbac, etc all scored in the 14-16 range.

What does that tell anyone?

That half are better QB's than savants

18 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Fitzs arm wasn't  terrible by any means!

he was just attracted to double coverage 

Problem with Fitz’s arm is that he had to wind up from the hip to get any velocity. And when you have to triple hitch on a long out, it’s game over (cue up our 2012 opener vs. the Jets for several examples). There was a reason Lee had to break him down; his arm mechanics are crap. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Problem with Fitz’s arm is that he had to wind up from the hip to get any velocity. And when you have to triple hitch on a long out, it’s game over (cue up our 2012 opener vs. the Jets for several examples). There was a reason Lee had to break him down; his arm mechanics are crap. 

Yea. He really had to crank it...

i hated his double and triple hitch 

Edited by Buffalo716