Have we gotten wonderlic scores for the QB prospects?

Almost always get leaked eventually

I googled this and got no actual wonderlic results.  I did, however get the betting odds for the highest wonderlic score.  The favorite for the highest score is Josh Allen, followed in order by Rosen and Darnold among the top QBs.  Lamar Jackson brings up the rear as a long shot.  Me thinks there might be a little cultural bias among odds makers.

38 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I googled this and got no actual wonderlic results.  I did, however get the betting odds for the highest wonderlic score.  The favorite for the highest score is Josh Allen, followed in order by Rosen and Darnold among the top QBs.  Lamar Jackson brings up the rear as a long shot.  Me thinks there might be a little cultural bias among odds makers.

Well, if the test itself is culturally biased they just might be accounting for that. I have to admit, I want to see those scores.

Edited by SmokinES3

50 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

My money is on the son of the Surgeon to have the highest score?

I do! I just prefer a good sized face to go along with a decent Wonderlic. It's my own grading system, very complicated. 

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Yeah?

i think the ability to rapidly process information is important in a qb. Apparently you don’t.

In seriousness, to me the Wonderlic simply eliminates prospects who score below a certain threshold (I don't have a particular score in mind, it might vary from year to year)...a good score isn't indicative of much, but a bad one should be a big red flag. IMO.

37 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Fitz had one of the highest scores recorded....

With that said how many times when he was here did you want to yell out,

What the heck were you thinking?

Point is I think it's overrated.  

Fitz is a genius and much smarter than all of us

problem is he thinks he has a howitzer attached to his shoulder and it's really a 9 millimeter 

There are examples of successful QBs with low scores like Marino and trash QBs with high scores like manziel. It’s not a deal breaker but I do think it’s a factor in today’s nfl. I would feel a bit queasy drafting a QB high with a score under 25.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Fitz is a genius and much smarter than all of us

problem is he thinks he has a howitzer attached to his shoulder and it's really a 9 millimeter 

It's funny...the howitzer is actually best utilized firing projectiles at relatively low velocities with steep trajectories, whereas a 9mm is a very solid cartridge in terms of overall performance compared to other similar rounds.

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's funny...the howitzer is actually best utilized firing projectiles at relatively low velocities with steep trajectories, whereas a 9mm is a very solid cartridge in terms of overall performance compared to other similar rounds.

Fitzs arm wasn't  terrible by any means!

he was just attracted to double coverage 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There are examples of successful QBs with low scores like Marino and trash QBs with high scores like manziel. It’s not a deal breaker but I do think it’s a factor in today’s nfl. I would feel a bit queasy drafting a QB high with a score under 25.

Absolutely!  And yet there have been many successful QBs whose Wonderlic was under 25.  You mentioned Marino.  Brett Favre and Jim Kelly are a couple others.  Higher is still better than lower.  It's just that there are lots of other factors too, and intangibles that talent evaluators can only guess at.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

How did Terry Bradshaw do?

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Fitz had one of the highest scores recorded....

With that said how many times when he was here did you want to yell out,

What the heck were you thinking?

Point is I think it's overrated.  

i agree...altho looking at QBs WL history--it seems you want lower middle to slightly above avg IQ.  Jim Kelly and dan marino--very smart football players who are not the most intellectually gifted people. Brady--avg type scores but brilliant QB. Elway--not mensa material but very smart FB player.