The Mighty McCarron

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Better hype up McCarron just in case we don’t get a shot at a top QB. Gives us some hope heading into next season. 

Strong defense coupled with strong running attack puts us on par with Jacksonville who went to the conference title game.  We don't need 350 yards and 4 td's from our QB starter each game.  We just need significantly better than TT.  Maybe 280 yds, 2 TD's (two TD's from the running backs) , and one INT (two on occasion) per game.   Reasonably efficient as well. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm not saying AJ won't be an upgrade over Tyrod but they both have one thing in common.  Both weren't good enough to dethrone  Flacco or Dalton. I view McCarron as a good insurance policy. We still have to draft someone  (other than Allen) from this class.

Is that a bad thing? The two of them are healthy, successful NFL QBs. I don't care how good you are as a backup QB - if the guy in front of you doesn't get injured or doesn't supremely suck, you own the clipboard. 

Neither of those guys is/were great, but they are in the upper middle strata of the NFL and ain't nobody replacing the vested interest with 4th or 5th round backups. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

You jined after BBMB clsed, so you don't know what I said for two years.  I supported him as the best QB on the team which is exactly what he was.  You didn't catch me saying they should not try to upgrade in each offseason.  Nevertheless, what does that have to do with McCarron when the Bills have a chance to grab a prospect to finally fill the void at QB?

I think it’s been 2 years? No? Eh maybe only 1. I personally think McCarron is better then Tyrod and I don’t think he will be over hyped. I think he’s better then people realize. I too wanted to move up and get either Darnold or Rosen but I think today really hurt us. I wouldn’t waste any more time and give another team a shot to go to 2. I would do anything in my power to get to 2 tonight regardless of cost. I know we won’t do that, I really think today is a very bad day for the Bills and might have derailed a long term plan.

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Strong defense coupled with strong running attack puts us on par with Jacksonville who went to the conference title game.  We don't need 350 yards and 4 td's from our QB starter each game.  We just need significantly better than TT.  Maybe 280 yds, 2 TD's (two TD's from the running backs) , and one INT (two on occasion) per game.   Reasonably efficient as well. 

That amount of yards would have led the league last year and 2 TDs per game would have been top 3. Basically you want one of the best passing offenses in the league. Should be easy to do right!?

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

All we needed was just a little bit more from the QB position to win more games...their won't be another Tom Brady for many many years..there are other ways to win championships...also our offensive coordinator was an Alabama coach last year so McCarron and him would most likely click together.

It's not like Bills outbid anyone for McCarron.  I believe he was brought in to be a bridge QB.  If it turned out he was really something, then I guess that would be a good problem to have.  We don't know but that Peterman will beat out McCarron.  If Bills don't move up, they might have the 5th - 7th projected best QB.  I think that puts them in the same boat as what they have now on the roster.  Time for FO to regroup and decide what their strategy will be after this turn of events.

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

That amount of yards would have led the league last year and 2 TDs per game would have been top 3. Basically you want one of the best passing offenses in the league. Should be easy to do right!?

Don't know until McCarron gets a chance which he will get and give him some help from the draft.  Plenty of picks in the first three rounds w/o further trades to get a quality WR, choice RB, and Billy Price along with getting a QB prospect.  I still want Roquan Smith to give McDermott the MLB he covets.  Can be done and if neither McCarron or the rookie pan out we have next year with close to 100M salary cap room and should be complete enough to mortgage the farm.  Just like with cars if you think this year's models look good next year's always seem to look better.

7 minutes ago, richardb1952 said:

It's not like Bills outbid anyone for McCarron.  I believe he was brought in to be a bridge QB.  If it turned out he was really something, then I guess that would be a good problem to have.  We don't know but that Peterman will beat out McCarron.  If Bills don't move up, they might have the 5th - 7th projected best QB.  I think that puts them in the same boat as what they have now on the roster.  Time for FO to regroup and decide what their strategy will be after this turn of events.

Right, because I doubt, up until now, they haven't given much thought at all about what their primary and contingency plans might be regarding the QB situation...