The Mighty McCarron

One thing about Tyrod that spoiled us was the lack of interceptions. I know that he was too conservative and held the ball too long, but that’s a trade off for fewer interceptions. A gunslinger will have interceptions. When your team’s QB throws interception, it stinks. Be prepared. 

If they go all in with AJ this year to see what they have I can find a way to be "ok" about it. I remember seeing that the idea was forwhoever they signed in FA to start for a year or 2 anyways. Not what I believe the best idea is...but I'd hate to reach for a Rudolph even more.

This is provided we can't move up further ourselves. It's a long way to the draft still.

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Is this where we begin hyping another average QB to give us false hope? 

I'm not saying AJ won't be an upgrade over Tyrod but they both have one thing in common.  Both weren't good enough to dethrone  Flacco or Dalton. I view McCarron as a good insurance policy. We still have to draft someone  (other than Allen) from this class.

I guess it is possible that Mccaron turns into something special but I would bet against it. The music played at the start of free agency and a number of other qb needy teams decided to go with other options and Mccaron was left with taking a low end backup salary with the Bills. Nothing like the frenzy there would have been if Garopolo was on the market. 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm not saying AJ won't be an upgrade over Tyrod but they both have one thing in common.  Both weren't good enough to dethrone  Flacco or Dalton. I view McCarron as a good insurance policy. We still have to draft someone  (other than Allen) from this class.

I think he'll be okay, but he's keeping the seat warm for his evetual replacement IMO.

2 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

One thing about Tyrod that spoiled us was the lack of interceptions. I know that he was too conservative and held the ball too long, but that’s a trade off for fewer interceptions. A gunslinger will have interceptions. When your team’s QB throws interception, it stinks. Be prepared. 

That’s the trade off- but give me a gunslinger any day.  I can handle a few more picks.  I can’t handle seeing guys open downfield with a check down to the Rb.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Thats about the dumbest thing I ever heard. It’s not like every team has an open qb competition every year in TC.  And Flacco and Dalton are proven players in this league. 

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Of all the people on here..you may not want to claim “overhype of an avg qb.” You were pretty much a Tyrod fanboat for 2 years straight. If someone said he missed a throw you were jumping in before the ink was dry.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

I guess it is possible that Mccaron turns into something special but I would bet against it. The music played at the start of free agency and a number of other qb needy teams decided to go with other options and Mccaron was left with taking a low end backup salary with the Bills. Nothing like the frenzy there would have been if Garopolo was on the market. 

I know it is the Bengals we are talking about but McCarron could have been working on his pro game while on the bench.  Something says not to say he could not have learned a new trick.

30 minutes ago, Success said:

I think they may stay put and go that route.  McCarron can really sling it.  Coach him up and use all of our picks to build a great young team.

I agree and think this might be their thinking. Beane is a slick GM who wont sell the farm. They will select a QB in the first round but hang onto their picks. They can do some serious team building, bring in their guys......I mentioned in another post, AJM is hungry and a winner, that is exactly who you want over center.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Of all the people on here..you may not want to claim “overhype of an avg qb.” You were pretty much a Tyrod fanboat for 2 years straight. If someone said he missed a throw you were jumping in before the ink was dry.

people are allowed to change opinions...you know that right?

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think he'll be okay, but he's keeping the seat warm for his evetual replacement IMO.

If his replacement comes from this draft, I doubt it will be with a top 5 pick. I just do not see this front office giving up much of their draft capital.

22 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He may very well be average. Darnold & Rosen, etc. may also be average. We really don't know for sure now, do we ?

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You joined after BBMB closed, so you don't know what I said for two years.  I supported him as the best QB on the team which is exactly what he was.  You didn't catch me saying they should not try to upgrade in each offseason.  Nevertheless, what does that have to do with McCarron when the Bills have a chance to grab a prospect to finally fill the void at QB?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz