Possible trade to #1?

I wrote about this in a couple other threads. But instead of voicing a possibility 10x's in 10 threads, this is the only reason for starting a new thread for the same topic.

So many people are assuming the browns are taking a qb 1st overall. Which brings me to this...

The browns already named their starter. If u take a qb 1st overall, why would u not let him compete for the job? I understand u may want to sit him for a year, ect... But why not ATLEAST let the top overall pick in the draft compete for the job in camp?

They also signed Carlos hyde. So maybe the browns value draft picks over barkley. Maybe the browns will trade back (esp since they already own pick #4) for high draft picks and fill their roster with top end talent.

I'm not saying they won't select a qb with 1st pick(I also think they will), but just another possibility to think about.

Edited by Bills4life1924

Maybe, but we need to step back a bit, imo.  Prior to our trade to 12, getting into the top 5 was a pipe dream.  I don’t think they necessarily have to panic now.

It’s a very good QB class, but perhaps a bit overrated.  Do we really want to give up what it would take to get to 1 or 2 now?

8 minutes ago, Success said:

Maybe, but we need to step back a bit, imo.  Prior to our trade to 12, getting into the top 5 was a pipe dream.  I don’t think they necessarily have to panic now.

It’s a very good QB class, but perhaps a bit overrated.  Do we really want to give up what it would take to get to 1 or 2 now?

To be honest, hell yeah I would. I like the idea of filling out the roster. But, when is the last time we went for it all? It's been too Long not to try. If we mortgage a lot for a guy and he doesn't pan out, so be it. But I wanna ATLEAST take the chance(in a strong qb draft class) to land a franchise guy.

Edited by Bills4life1924

Just now, Bills4life1924 said:

To be honest, heal yeah I would. I like the idea of filling out the roster. But, when is the last time we went for it all? It's been too Longmont to try. If we mortgage a lot for a guy and he doesn't pan out, so be it. But I wanna at LEAST take the chance(in a strong qb draft class) to land a franchise guy.

That’s fair.  If they do go for it, I’m all in.

If they don’t and we get someone like Jackson and keep our picks, I’ll still be pretty stoked about the season.  I think these guys know what they’re doing.  I’m sure today was a setback, but I doubt they’re devastated about it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

It would take 12, 22, 53, 56, 65, 96.

In other words all of our picks in RDS 1-3.

:D

So be it, if that were the case(if we can get it done for less, even better). We have not swung for a franchise guy in forever. Let's atleast take the chance. And we are well set up next year to fill out the roster during free agency.

1 minute ago, Bills4life1924 said:

So be it, if that were the case(if we can get it done for less, even better). We have not swung for a franchise guy in forever. Let's atleast take the chance. And we are well set up next year to fill out the roster during free agency.

If there is a franchise guy at 1 why would the Browns trade the pick? Your answer better not include the words Tyrod or Taylor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Just get to four and get mayfield or Allen if they truly like one. If not, let the chips fall and maybe move up a few slots to ensure someone that slides 

Allen in Buffalo would be walking into the perfect situation, we are the perfect team for him. We would have a ton of picks to build the team around him, wouldn't have to start right away, we are in my mind the ideal landing spot for him.

9 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

If there is a franchise guy at 1 why would the Browns trade the pick? Your answer better not include the words Tyrod or Taylor.

Like they traded out of #2 when Wentz was there?

Edited by Binghamton Beast