The Jets trade opens up Mayfield to Bills.

24 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The gun is to Beane's head now.  Are they willing to trade #12 / #22 / #53 / #56 / #65 / and probably a 1st or 2nd in 2019 for the #2 QB, or are they going to risk their jobs on McCarron / Peterman / a QB picked later?

Given that McD himself has said the Bills are "...not as far along as people think...." and our GM has acquired fairly high draft pics to the extent that have 6 of the top 100 pics, it appears to me they want to build a team via the draft; gain solid day one starters and add essential depth that could contribute sooner rather than later.  When Beane was acquiring these picks not once did I feel or sense he was doing so to turn them around and pay a ridiculous price for what would be a high risk player.

It would be counter intuitive to forfeit those picks for one position and at that a high risk QB; in what some NFL people view is a very overrated pool of QB's.  I would think Beane should be fired if he were to do the bold suggestion above.  I think staying at 12 and seeing how the draft unfolds would be the prudent and smart thing to do.....panicking and unloading draft picks (ala Ditka) is short-sighted and not what a seasoned GM would consider. 

Sure, if the next Andrew Luck were available that is one thing, but there are severely evident flaws in each of the QB's noted at the top of this years draft and it is not like the only missing piece for the Bills is QB.  The Bills have many holes and limited depth, having 6 premier picks addresses that, now.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I would like to thank the Jets for tipping there hand that they want Rosen and for also leaving Buffalo the chance to land Baker Mayfield without having to trade up into the top 4 to get him.

If you dont get to 2 or 1 your getting shut out on the top 3 QBs period. 

You can try and sugar coat it how you want but you are just kidding yourself 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield and Allen...

Jackson and Rudolph are in the Jp Losman group

This is why the Jets trade scares me so much. Beane has done everything right up to this point. We have/had all the equity necessary to make a move for a franchise QB. Jackson or Rudolph would feel like old times at OBD. 

I am not against drafting a second tier guy they like.......and taking a season with three QB's to sort out the future.  McCarron could well win the starting job over two others, and, might never loose it.  I hate the idea of a high QB draft pick after living through Losman, Manual.  apparently not easy to do or predict.  I would point out to doubters that McCarrons college credentials are very like Watson....maybe even better.  And, with 4 years in the league, he is ready for a shot now.  finally, I am thinking that should we stay at 12 ,and say the top 5 QB's are gone....Bills  might be in the Vita Vea market, despite recent signings.

Edited by bigK14094

11 minutes ago, IndyMark said:

Given that McD himself has said the Bills are "...not as far along as people think...." and our GM has acquired fairly high draft pics to the extent that have 6 of the top 100 pics, it appears to me they want to build a team via the draft; gain solid day one starters and add essential depth that could contribute sooner rather than later.  When Beane was acquiring these picks not once did I feel or sense he was doing so to turn them around and pay a ridiculous price for what would be a high risk player.

It would be counter intuitive to forfeit those picks for one position and at that a high risk QB; in what some NFL people view is a very overrated pool of QB's.  I would think Beane should be fired if he were to do the bold suggestion above.  I think staying at 12 and seeing how the draft unfolds would be the prudent and smart thing to do.....panicking and unloading draft picks (ala Ditka) is short-sighted and not what a seasoned GM would consider. 

Sure, if the next Andrew Luck were available that is one thing, but there are severely evident flaws in each of the QB's noted at the top of this years draft and it is not like the only missing piece for the Bills is QB.  The Bills have many holes and limited depth, having 6 premier picks addresses that, now.

Darnold is the highest rated QB on NFL.com's prospect list since Luck.

This class has been talked about for years.  The notion this is a deeply flawed overrated pool of QBs is utter nonsense.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

This is why the Jets trade scares me so much. Beane has done everything right up to this point. We have/had all the equity necessary to make a move for a franchise QB. Jackson or Rudolph would feel like old times at OBD. 

Doesn't it though?

Just yesterday in a thread I mentioned the Jets scared me....ball is in Beane's court

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I am not against drafting a second tier guy they like.......and taking a season with three QB's to sort out the future.  McCarron could well win the starting job over two others, and, might never loose it.  I hate the idea of a high QB draft pick after living through Losman, Manual.  apparently not easy to do or predict.  I would point out to doubters that McCarrons college credentials are very like Watson....maybe even better.  And, with 4 years in the league, he is ready for a shot now.  finally, I am thinking that should we stay at 12 ,and say the top 5 QB's are gone....Bills  might be in the Vita Vea market, despite recent signings.

Losman and Manuel were not drafting a QB high.  That was talking yourself into taking a flawed player early.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Darnold is the highest rated QB on NFL.com's prospect list since Luck.

This class has been talked about for years.  The notion this is a deeply flawed overrated pool of QBs is utter nonsense.

I’m not a Mayfield guy, but I’d take him over the second tier guys without question. I’m not sold on him, but he has a chance to be great. I use this an an example to show that I’m not sold on all of these guys, but I won’t deny the amazing potential that the top of this QB draft class possess. I’d be terrible to miss out on one of the first tier guys this year, even Mayfield.